Stargate Prewatch: Stargate the Movie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.oliverscholl.com/stargate-1

Most of them were signed in 1993, so they were drawn at very early pre-production stage. There are lots of picture about the sarcophagus, the throne room and the Death Glider. It looks like they were even planning some mechanical scarab as a vehicle.

What is even more interesting that there are several concept arts about the triangle shape stargate what Dean Devlin has also mentioned in the Dial the Gate interview. There are concept arts about the digging out, at the SGC, offworld and even some kind of posters with this geometrical shape.

There are also an early version of the round stargate without the 9 chevrons and a completly different type of glyphs on triangle shaped inner ring as well.

I believe fans would enjoy it as it looks like Stargate has got some surprise even after 25 years.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

That's why it's called concept art.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I haven't sen these ones before, so I have really enjoyed it. I am just amazed when such talented artists can make drawings and digital paintings. I mean lets face it, it is rare when talent, creativity and diligency meet. These people are capable of imagining such cool looking objects and sets with some Earth based cultural inspiration.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Oh, don't get me wrong... I love this sort of artwork very much. Have several books at home with concept art material.

I wish I had that talent.

Comment

They should release such books for every Stargate shows. I am dreaming again as MGM can't see the financial potentials in such merchandise products...

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              They should release such books for every Stargate shows. I am dreaming again as MGM can't see the financial potentials in such merchandise products...
              That would definitely be something I wouldn't wait to buy.

Comment

Working...
              X