Stargate Prewatch: Stargate the Movie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jper View Post
    9/10 en 6:53 without rewatch of the movie.
    Cool.
    Good job!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
      9/10 en 6:53 without rewatch of the movie.
      Cool.
      Fascinating.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Ok, you guys. I'm know I'm so super late... My life is crazy.. But Hubby and I have been keeping up with the rewatch, and I'm just late on posting. Promise.

And - don't judge me - I actually took notes during the movie. It had been a while since I'd seen it. But now it's been like almost 2 months since we watched the movie, so I don't even really recall why I made some particular notes... But, I'll throw them out anyways. And then I will try to be consistent with my postings.

First of all, I completely forgot Richard Kind was in this. I never knew him before Lucius Lavin, so when I first watched Stargate, he didn't stand out to me. Now, going back, I was like, "Whoa! Wait a minute... Lucius' real life before becoming an intergalactic con artist."

I have a note that the sarcophagus opens differently than in the show. Now I can't remember how it's different, but that was a note I made. So it must be a thing..?

And thus begins the Daniel dying cycle. My hubby has only seen the franchise one time before this rewatch, so he was super excited to see Daniel die and know that it was the first of many.

But when he emerged from the sarcophagus, he had stuff all over him (again, another note I don't remember making), but Sha're didn't.

(I also have a note that says No Jaffa, but again, not sure why...?)

When they send the MALP - Falcon Horus, correct me if I'm wrong - but they say it's going to the other side of our known universe. Which is incorrect, right? The other side of our known galaxy (Milky Way), yes. But not the universe. Abydos is in another Solar System in the Milky Way. Our first experience outside of the universe via gate travel is when we go to Pegasus...?

And then of course, the obvious differences - Cheyenne Mountain vs. Creek Mountain, etc..

Thus concludes my notes. See you at S1E1.

Comment

Originally posted by HolyHannah View Post
          Ok, you guys. I'm know I'm so super late... My life is crazy.. But Hubby and I have been keeping up with the rewatch, and I'm just late on posting. Promise.
          In your own time... no worries. The threads will not disappear any time soon. Unless the forum goes offline cause Greg is fiddling with updates, or VBulletin is going round in circles or because of a slight disconnect.

Then we panic. Bombard the Alpha site with questions... and calm down again when the forum is back, and act like we haven't spoken each other in ages.

And - don't judge me - I actually took notes during the movie.
          At last... someone else who does that.

First of all, I completely forgot Richard Kind was in this. I never knew him before Lucius Lavin, so when I first watched Stargate, he didn't stand out to me. Now, going back, I was like, "Whoa! Wait a minute... Lucius' real life before becoming an intergalactic con artist."
          I remembered him, but I was surprised to see a very young Aisler (can't remember the actor's name) from NCIS: New Orleans. I was like, "Hey wait a minute, you look familiar. Why are you looking familiar..." ---- " "Oh my goddess, AISLER!?!" *grin*

I have a note that the sarcophagus opens differently than in the show. Now I can't remember how it's different, but that was a note I made. So it must be a thing..?
          It does. In the film the top half retracts upwards, while the middle slides sideways, but in the series, the top stays in place and only the middle pieces open.

But when he emerged from the sarcophagus, he had stuff all over him (again, another note I don't remember making), but Sha're didn't.
          What stuff?
          Can't remember that.

(I also have a note that says No Jaffa, but again, not sure why...?)
          Not like we know him in SG-1, no.

When they send the MALP - Falcon Horus, correct me if I'm wrong - but they say it's going to the other side of our known universe. Which is incorrect, right? The other side of our known galaxy (Milky Way), yes. But not the universe. Abydos is in another Solar System in the Milky Way. Our first experience outside of the universe via gate travel is when we go to Pegasus...?
          I think that was just a goofy mistake. Generally speaking, in scientific terms, the universe is the collection of all of space (galaxies, milky ways, star-clusters, ...), so yes, it would have to have been the other side of the galaxy, in a different solar system. Pegasus Galaxy is a dwarf galaxy in our universe still. And it wasn't the first time we gated that far out though. The Asgard homeworld also used the 8th symbol.

Comment

And then of course, the obvious differences - Cheyenne Mountain vs. Creek Mountain, etc..

Thus concludes my notes. See you at S1E1.
            That's an old (or rather still current) mistake when it comes to people and Sci Fi. For example, people say "Intergalactic" when they really mean "Interstellar". It's just people not realizing how huge the universe really is. What bothers me about that line in the movie itself is that...if Ra's ship travelled such a long time to find a host...I mean...that's a very very very far and long trip even if you use the show's fastest hyperdrive. I think in the show they said that Abydos was one of the closest star systems with a gate.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Stargate Command put the movie on youtube free, but it's not HD.

Comment

Originally posted by EricG View Post
                Stargate Command put the movie on youtube free, but it's not HD.
                It's a very limited time offer (24/48h) to promote Stargate Origins (which I think is ridiculous cause it's not accessibe apart from 6 countries).

If you want to watch it, in 1994 quality -- watch the DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  It's a very limited time offer (24/48h) to promote Stargate Origins (which I think is ridiculous cause it's not accessibe apart from 6 countries).

If you want to watch it, in 1994 quality -- watch the DVD.
                  Watch the ultimate edition, it's worth the few bucks you can get it for as second hand these days.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Watch the ultimate edition, it's worth the few bucks you can get it for as second hand these days.
                    Is that the Director's Cut by any chance? Cause we have that lying around and I watched that without knowing it was the DC -- did explain the extra scenes that didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the film as far as coloring went. Like they didn't go through the same editing process.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Is that the Director's Cut by any chance? Cause we have that lying around and I watched that without knowing it was the DC -- did explain the extra scenes that didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the film as far as coloring went. Like they didn't go through the same editing process.
                      yes, but the UE fixes those editing problems.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

How diid I miss this one?

8:02
                        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                          How diid I miss this one?

8:02
                          It was 2 years ago... and that's the equivalent of a lifetime in Stargate years.

Comment

Theoratical question. What has happened with the children in Ra's courtyard? Have they been killed in the explosion? Somehow I was never thinking on them and just recently this option has showed up in my mind. They were not shown on Abydos as far as I remember and even if the throne room was showed empty in the final seconds, I believe they must have died within the ship.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I am going to assume they joined their master and overlord into the afterlife, as did the cats roaming around the ship.

Comment

Here are some Ra's original race related movie replicas :
                                https://www.icollector.com/Stargate-...ance_i34075222
                                https://www.julienslive.com/m/lot-de.../90/lot/38272/
                                https://www.julienslive.com/m/lot-de.../90/lot/38280/

https://www.gateworld.net/gallery/th....php?album=251
                                https://www.gateworld.net/gallery/di...994&fullsize=1
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X