Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win Stargate Atlantis on Blu-ray and an autographed script!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite thing about ATLANTIS....there are so many to choose from.

I would have to say the friendship the characters developed over the years.

John Sheppard and Rodney McKay. The series ended with them having a great respect for each.
    Carson and Rodney there was so genuine. They really cared for each other. Best scene with the two of them was after Carson died and Mckay was standing looking over the ocean to see Carson there saying it was ok.

I just realized i could go on and on about the friendship that they all had. It was just a well written series of characters that all the fans got to know and love.
    sigpic
    Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

I loved this show and still watch them everyday. What i love about the show is how in the face of danger they still made u laugh at MaKay's *****ing or sheppard's flirting. ronon Shoot first ask question later, Tala's ability to use too many words in one sentance to say a simple phase. One of my fav eps. was "The brotherhood" when sheppard and MaKay aruged about the metsa test and club while solving the number problem for the zpm.. Or my top Fav ep. when ronon got kidnapped and john said to tayla "i would do anything for any of you". I also love how the writers never said "oh this is too much" and kept great stories coming, the different camers shots birdseye views of atlantis on the water. Just a well produced and directed show. the cast had a great chem. even when case member left or switch (Dr. weir,woosy, or sam) as head of the atlantis crew.

Comment

My favorite things about SGA is the human element. The true to life human interaction and growth of the characters that allows us, the fans, to connect deeply to each one. This is best explained by the general reaction given when Dr Beckett dies. I had to take a few days off from watching the show to get over it as he had been one of my favorites.

Comment

my favorite thing about SGA would probaly be how it blended SciFi elements, Humor, and Action effectively. while there were a couple of episodes I didn't like, these were few. Most of the episodes had a good balance of these elements.

Comment

I am a stargate fan and loved watching Atlantis. My favorite shows always included the entire cast working together. I've enjoyed all the characters and plots, but if I had to pick just one show it would be "Trio." I loved the way the three of them played off each other. It was really a great show.

One other show that really sticks out is the one where Rodney is losing all his memories in the "Shrine" and they bring on his sister to say goodbye. One scene in particular is where Rodney and Sheppard go off to the end of Atlantis and hang out drinking beer. The play off those two characters was pure gold, acting at it best.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm going to go with Emme Lou on the second episode of season 1 being one of my favorite. However, my favorite moment is Weir talking about Sheppard being on top of security as he pushes Rodney off the balcony.

On the serious side, I absolutely love The Shrine. David Hewlett deserved a freaking Emmy for that performance.

Joe Flanigan was a fantastic lead and his relationship with Rodney was a highlight of that series.

Comment

My favorite quote from SGA is in the episode where mckay has powers and wants to heal Ronan's scar. He asks if its a constant reminder if somthing he'd rather forgets and Ronan replies:
                I TRY NOT TO WORRY ABOUT THINGS THAT I CAN'T CHANGE.
                Mckay: IT'S VERY HEALTHY.

Theses two sentence together really are one the best thing from SGA! (imagine on bluray! Wow)

Comment

The best thing about SGA was the Wraith. Loved seeing the inside of those ships. Great enemy.

Comment

One of my favorite Stargate Atlantis episodes was from season 1, The Siege, Part 2. I loved the scene where the Wraith first attack and its dark and the city opens fire...I love that scene and the visual effects from that episode and you just get a sense of total war. Throughout Atlantis' run, this scene from The Siege, Part 2 has really stuck with me.
                    That is just my two cents.

Comment

I recently started watching the series with my girlfriend and its been reminding me exactly how different from SG-1 ( which we watched in order first) and SGA.

Two of my many favorite things about the show:

When McKay got shot by the arrow in his posterior and burst out with " That did not just happen!" I about cried laughing. We had to pause it till we both stopped laughing.

With Netflix becoming something I am watching too much of recently, I started watching Enterprise to kill time. I think that all of the McKay to Sheppard "Kirk" references are just classic.

I love the interaction of those 2.

Comment

I didn't start watching SGA until after it was canceled, then I was hooked. Loved the first scene when Atlantis blasted off from Earth. Last man was one of my favorites, Sheppard sent into the future 49,000 years.

Comment

I liked the episode Trio where McKay, Carter and Keller were stuck in the underground cavern. There were a couple of memorable moments - When McKay told Carter to flash the teenage boys to get their attention, and after McKay tried numerous times to throw the hook and get it to catch on the opening Carter was able to get it on top after only one try. And the conversation between Keller and Carter about who would they rather date - Keller names movie stars and Carter names physicists.

Comment

Among all my favorite things about Stargate Atlantis, I love to point out the fact that the final season was among the best seasons of SGA. From the action, characters, acting (props to Hewlett in The Shrine), pacing, to the introduction of a new villain or two, that season had it all. Despite the show not making it to a Season 6, I definitely know the show did not go out with a weak year of television.
                            "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I would have to say that my favorite thing about Stargate Atlantis was the team interaction. Sheppard was a great leader, plus he was also laid back and funny. Rodney is my favorite character, because he is intelligent yet he doesn't mind reminding everyone of that. He can be sarcastic at times, but at the same time show that he cares. I liked the Wraith dimension, but I think that the writers had a missed opportunity with them. The Wraith should have been darker, scarier, and unstoppable. But I loved the entire show, and all the characters.

Comment

What was my favorite part of SGA? I imagine that's about the same degree of difficulty as a parent being expected to answer the question, "Which is your favorite child?" lol

Stargate Atlantis just had such a good feel to it, right from the beginning. My dad was the biggest skeptic, claiming himself to be a purist and saying SG-1 was the only Stargate series he'd ever watch, but by the second season I think Atlantis became his new favorite.

Stargate has always been a bonding experience in my family. My mother still makes fun of how I would come home from school and sit and wait for my father to come home so that we could discuss what was happening with the Goa'uld while I waited for the next episode. I was at the age where I still could not read a clock, so I would sit for hours without moving despite persuasion from my mother. It grew to new heights with Atlantis. I was a bit older when it started, and for once, I was the cool sibling because I knew what was going on. All of a sudden, my little brother stopped thinking I was a dork, because "Hello, space vampires are awesome". The Wraith were such a terrifying force to face, and that old Replicator problem had me freaking out. It was, in a word, epic.

Atlantis and everything about it was huge and impressive; it was daunting. It was a journey, and the cast took us along for one hell of ride.

But my favorite part? Guh, I don't even know! The cast, I'd have to say. I know, it's an unoriginal answer, but it's got to be it. Writing can be great and still fall flat (trust me, I've seen high school theater). It takes a great cast to pull of feats like Atlantis did. In everything I've seen, you could sense the sort of camaraderie that they had. The team WAS a team. They were believable people that could have existed, and they were just genuinely likable. Even McKay, who I was determined to dislike (because I had loved Carter so much), I ended up completely gaga over. It was just magical. Atlantis was magical.

Comment

Working...
                                X