Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win Stargate Atlantis on Blu-ray and an autographed script!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win Stargate Atlantis on Blu-ray and an autographed script!

Stargate Atlantis fans, ready for one of the biggest give-aways we've ever done?

To celebrate this week's release of Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series on Blu-ray, we're giving away one copy of the box set plus an SGA script autographed by the entire Season Five cast.

Click here to read more about the Blu-ray release, plus the official rules for entering.

You have until Monday, August 1 to post your entry here. This thread will be closed and any late entries disqualified. One post and one entry per person, please.

Do not post in this thread if you are not entering the contest. Complaints about the contest being U.S. and Canada only are duly noted, and we can't do anything about it. Prizes are provided by the studio and its agents, so they come to us with restrictions.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Darren; 25 July 2011, 01:38 PM.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

I loved the SGA gang's interactions. They felt a lot like family.

Best moment? Still has to been any of the amazing wide shots of the city of Atlantis. Coupled with Joel Goldsmith's music they have a great feeling of wonder.

Wil Wade
    Wooster, OH

Comment

For some reason my favorite scene will always be the pilot where the drone is fired on General O'neill's helicopter. Set the tone well for me.

Comment

One thing I love about Stargate Atlantis? Well there couldn't be a tougher, nor easier question.

I guess I'll just go with something I was thinking about the other day: I love how Stargate Atlantis looks so slick. What I mean by this can be illustrated through the example of the Atlantis Control Room vs. the SGC's. While the SGC's is hundreds of feet under ground, dark, filled with super computers and a MacGyvered gate-dialing system, Atlantis's is hundreds of feet above the city - bright, simple, and clean with the style of the Ancients.

And that's one thing I love about Stargate Atlantis

~Sharp

PS - Don't get me wrong, I love the grittier feel of SG-1 equally, if not more
        Last edited by Colonel Sharp; 25 July 2011, 07:52 AM.
        sigpic
        Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

I have always loved Stargate...

One thing I loved about Stargate Atlantis in particular is the space battles, I loved it when everyone teamed together to take out the replicators.

-JBud

Comment

As you can see from my sig, I love The Team!
            And my favorite character of all time - John Sheppard!
            Last edited by Lythisrose; 25 July 2011, 01:39 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

What I enjoyed most about Stargate Atlantis is that they gave more life to some of the lesser known characters in the Stargate TV franchise. Dr. McKay, Richard Woolsey...sure they recast the part of Elizabeth Weir from the season 7 SG-1 finale, but you got to see that character take her own stage. You even had the character of Samantha Carter break out on her own and prove she can take a prominent leadership role.

I suppose summing it up, the fleshing out of secondary characters and growth of an SG-1 original is my favorite thing about the series.

Comment

i love the everything about the show and the team

Comment

I always liked the fight scenes with Ford. Some of the best in SG, in my opinion. Then came Ronan and I enjoyed his fight scenes as well... but the best was Ford and Ronan, back to back, taking on a swarm of Wraith.

Comment

One thing I love about Atlantis is the sense of wonder that comes from discovering all of these new alien races and new technologies in this distant part of the universe. After the many seasons of SG-1, it was great for them to get a chance to get a fresh start and build out some new lore.

Comment

Well, if I had to limit to one thing I love Atlantis it is this: It was different yet familiar.

When Atlantis came around, it was in the midst of the Anubis storyline is SG1 and there really wasn't room for much else. Fortunately, with Atlantis, we got new stories, in a new setting, with a new cast. As time went on, the core cast developed their brand on teamwork and even team shorthand. We still had the arch-types that we knew in SG1 but, beneath the surface, they couldn't be more different.

Comment

I love Stargate Atlantis. At first I was skeptical of a an SG-1 spin off but I stuck with the characters and ended up loving it just as much.

Once Dr. Carson Beckett died and I was crushed, I realized how much the show meant to me. Thanks for 5 great years!

Comment

This is a tough one, but I would say one of the things I really love about SGA was David and Kate Hewlett's performances in The Shrine. Truly an amazing episode! Brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it.

Comment

Awesome contest. My favorite memory of Atlantis was the conversation between Sheppard and McKay in Sanctuary. GL to everybody.
                            Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

What I like about Stargate Atlantis is the fact that it's one of the best show EVER.
                              Every character is likeable. It's almost impossible to choose one favorite episode,
                              because they are all memorable.
                              The list of epic lines of dialogue is a hundred miles long.
                              Everyday, Atlantis bring something new in my life: a friend, a smile, a tear, an idea, a thought.
                              Atlantis will live forever in my heart.

Comment

Working...
                              X