Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Probie

Default Re: Win Stargate Atlantis on Blu-ray and an autographed script!

I didn't start watching SGA until after it was canceled, then I was hooked. Loved the first scene when Atlantis blasted off from Earth. Last man was one of my favorites, Sheppard sent into the future 49,000 years.

Probie

I liked the episode Trio where McKay, Carter and Keller were stuck in the underground cavern. There were a couple of memorable moments - When McKay told Carter to flash the teenage boys to get their attention, and after McKay tried numerous times to throw the hook and get it to catch on the opening Carter was able to get it on top after only one try. And the conversation between Keller and Carter about who would they rather date - Keller names movie stars and Carter names physicists.

Among all my favorite things about Stargate Atlantis, I love to point out the fact that the final season was among the best seasons of SGA. From the action, characters, acting (props to Hewlett in The Shrine), pacing, to the introduction of a new villain or two, that season had it all. Despite the show not making it to a Season 6, I definitely know the show did not go out with a weak year of television.
    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

I would have to say that my favorite thing about Stargate Atlantis was the team interaction. Sheppard was a great leader, plus he was also laid back and funny. Rodney is my favorite character, because he is intelligent yet he doesn't mind reminding everyone of that. He can be sarcastic at times, but at the same time show that he cares. I liked the Wraith dimension, but I think that the writers had a missed opportunity with them. The Wraith should have been darker, scarier, and unstoppable. But I loved the entire show, and all the characters.

Probie

What was my favorite part of SGA? I imagine that's about the same degree of difficulty as a parent being expected to answer the question, "Which is your favorite child?" lol

Stargate Atlantis just had such a good feel to it, right from the beginning. My dad was the biggest skeptic, claiming himself to be a purist and saying SG-1 was the only Stargate series he'd ever watch, but by the second season I think Atlantis became his new favorite.

Stargate has always been a bonding experience in my family. My mother still makes fun of how I would come home from school and sit and wait for my father to come home so that we could discuss what was happening with the Goa'uld while I waited for the next episode. I was at the age where I still could not read a clock, so I would sit for hours without moving despite persuasion from my mother. It grew to new heights with Atlantis. I was a bit older when it started, and for once, I was the cool sibling because I knew what was going on. All of a sudden, my little brother stopped thinking I was a dork, because "Hello, space vampires are awesome". The Wraith were such a terrifying force to face, and that old Replicator problem had me freaking out. It was, in a word, epic.

Atlantis and everything about it was huge and impressive; it was daunting. It was a journey, and the cast took us along for one hell of ride.

But my favorite part? Guh, I don't even know! The cast, I'd have to say. I know, it's an unoriginal answer, but it's got to be it. Writing can be great and still fall flat (trust me, I've seen high school theater). It takes a great cast to pull of feats like Atlantis did. In everything I've seen, you could sense the sort of camaraderie that they had. The team WAS a team. They were believable people that could have existed, and they were just genuinely likable. Even McKay, who I was determined to dislike (because I had loved Carter so much), I ended up completely gaga over. It was just magical. Atlantis was magical.

Probie

My favorite moments were always when they would intertwine the characters from both series together in one episode. It made for usually a very epic feel and more often than not very humorous scenes.... Cameron and the threats of lemon on McKay anyone?

Probie

I Have been a fan of SGA from the beginning. I really enjoy the humor between Shepherd and McKay. Our family is looking forward to watching it in Blu-ray!.

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

TO ALL

Read post 1 and the full Contest details via the Homepage link.

Keep this thread to valid Contest Entries ONLY,thanks !

Probie

My favorite thing about Stargate Atlantis is Rodney McKay. Even in the low points, he made the show worth watching.

Probie

I love how mythological the Stargate franchise is in general and, more specifically with Stargate Atlantis, how the idea of a seemingly 'perfectly' technologically advanced race (the Ancients) predates the Atlantis Story instead of coinciding with it (a rarity in science fiction). That adds to that mystique that makes this series so intriguing.

I love how the Pegasus galaxy's technologically-regressing-development trend among its civilizations makes the Atlantis outpost shine like a beacon to its neighbors.

I love how the city also makes a magnificent outpost for the 'tari' whose ignorance to the adversity and pessimism of this galaxy makes them worthy of Teyla and Ronon's friendship.

I love the overall feel (darker than sg1), the environment, the character interactions and the waning threat of the wraith over the 5 seasons makes Atlantis one of my favorite science fiction shows. Its overall plot is atypical and therefore interesting.

The best things I remember from this show are the naming quarrels Maj. Sheppard, Lt. Ford, and Dr. 'Meredith' Rodney McKay had with terms like "gate-ship-1", "puddle-jumper", "life-sign-detector" or "we can name that **later!"

The best quote though is in Atlantis Rising with Dr. Rodney McKay and Carson Beckett:
    "How come I never make friends like that?" -Dr. Beckett
    (It was kind of a loaded question but it still was a appropriate and funny for the pilot.)
    "You need to get out more" -Dr. McKay
    "We are in another galaxy. How much more out can you get?" -Dr. Beckett

My favourite thing about SGA is also my favourite thing about SG1, the sense of humour in the show. I could never get into BSG, just too depressing. SGA could make me think, cry, but most importantly, laugh.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...aronbw_rev.jpg

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Probie

I'd say one of my favorite moments was definitely when McKay got shot in the rear and Beckett had to stitch him up!

Probie

Hey Guys!

My favorite memory or moment from the series Stargate Atlantis would have to-be
    from the Season 5 episode "First Contact: Part 1" & "The Lost Tribe: Part 2"
    because I really enjoyed the scenes which we're shared by Rodney McKay and
    Daniel Jackson. I personally thought these scenes we're very humorous and really well written. I also thought this was a great way of using a guest appearance on the show.

Probie

My favorite thing about SGA? Todd the Wraith. Best Alien Ever.

"Did I do that?"
    IMO always implied.

Probie

Where does one begin. I am a huge fan of Stargate. Atlantis I feel deserved another
    season instead of going with a new series. Do not get me wrong, I did enjoy SGU,
    particularly the second season but it was no Atlantis. At the very least I will MGM had the means or would grant the means to giving us the Atlantis movie we have all read about but never received. At least that could have potentially tied up the series.

SGA had so many qualities that I enjoyed I could type for the rest of the afternoon but
    just to mention a few:
    - The overall chemistry of the team of Shepard, McKay, Teyla and Ronon
    - The range of David Hewlitt. Going from the lovable but obnoxious know-it-all to a
    person you really feel for when he his facing his regression in mentality in "The Shrine."
    - Ronon meeting Teal'c in "Midway." (not to mention Ronon asking Teal'c about why he
    says "indeed?" Priceless.
    - Sad moment seeing the final episode with Dr. Weir. She was excellent.
    - Learning Rodney's real first name was Meredith, thanks to his sister.

There are so many, I could go on all afternoon but consider this to be yet a taste of
    some of the favorite moments that make Atlantis a brilliant show.

I never did manage to pick up the Atlantis series on DVD unlike SG-1. (I have all of SG-1
    on DVD, TV and movies). It would "Indeed" be not short of Fantastic to add the Atlantis
    series to my collection and on Blu-ray at that.

Not to mention my being unemployed recently, this would be my best chance to get the
    series for the foreseeable future.

Thank you and have a brilliant day.

I am going to watch SG-1 season 1 now!! :-)

Probie

It was great watching a quality show again instead of all the new "stuff" that is on. My favorite character was Ronon Dex because he reminded me of a little kid who doesn't quite understand how things are supposed to work. He always makes me laugh.

I Love everything about SGA from Rising to Enemy At The Gate. It's probably the only series I've ever watched where I don't have a negative thing to say about the scripts or cast -- it's all just perfect -- I watch several episodes a day and enjoy many of them with my granddaugher who is also a Stargate admirer ... we start with episode one and then start over once we finish EATG. This is one of the few series' that I can watch over and over and never tire of it. They did an excellent job with this show and it should be the standard by which everything else is measured.

I loved the episode McKay and Mrs. Miller. I love the interaction between Rodney and Jeanie.
    Just One Geek's Opinion

Goose197

One of my favorite episodes was Brain Storm and Rodney finally gets the girl, Jennifer.