Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Legacy: why the history of the game was not done on a new tv show???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek Legacy: why the history of the game was not done on a new tv show???

hello.
    this game was awesome. great 3D models, great history line. i heard in 2009 a new show based in this game was being written, but with the new movie was canceled.
    why this was not done other than the movie excuse?
    sure its messy since it needs to show kirk young and picard young, and they are pretty old (to do a part that its half of their age, this is a reality not an insult. i have 22 years old, i think i would be very old to play the part of a baby).

plus this game was easy to mod. i make myself almighty non-destroyable ships.
    also there is a value on the game to measure speed: MMPS whats that???

There was never a Legacy TV project in the works. You heard wrong.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

well maybe was a rumor. or it was just started and someone come and said "hey this is cancelled we are going for the movie".
      anyways its the only game and plot that i like it. has everything and cool ships.

Comment

Star Trek: Enterprise was cancelled in 2005. Star Trek: Nemesis was a box office disaster in 2002. Consequently, as of 2005, Paramount no longer had any interest in producing new Star Trek. In 2005, there was also big changes at Viacom who owned CBS Television and Paramount Pictures. Paramount continues to own the movie and home video rights. However, CBS Television owns the rights to the Star Trek shows and any new television productions. This means that while CBS has the television rights, we will likely not see a new series. CBS is not known for science-fiction. As for the 2009 movie, that was an attempt to reboot and reinvigorate the film series. Clearly, this was a success.

On the matter of Star Trek: Legacy, a game released in 2006... CBS never made any plans for a sixth series. There have been proposals, but they have either been turned down or never got as far as CBS. The video game also had no impact on the 2009 film. Director J.J. Abrams wanted to revisit the original series. He's said that the spinoffs didn't feel like Star Trek to him, Star Trek was Captain Kirk.

To conclude, the video game never lead to a new show, and it had nothing to do with the 2009 movie.

Comment

sorry i am not a fan of kirk. only liked next generation. kirk was lazy and stupid on my personal opinion. picard was amazing. was like a god.

beyond my personal opinions, i have understand most of the star trek fans hated the last movie. i did not watch it nor i am going to.

star trek legacy was not a spin off, it involved the 3 captains from the 3 shows. so its not a new spin off. its a mix of the 3 shows. and i think could be a mini-series rather than a full seasons new show.

if the show its rebooted with kirk, i cannot care less. now with a young picard we are on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by SILLYFAN View Post
            sorry i am not a fan of kirk. only liked next generation. kirk was lazy and stupid on my personal opinion. picard was amazing. was like a god.
            I like Kirk and the original show, but I understand how you feel. I, for example, didn't care for Stargate: Universe. If you only liked Next Generation, you should know that Nemesis is the end of the road. Did you know that Patrick Stewart guest starred as Captain Picard in the first episode of Deep Space Nine? TNG's O'Brien, the recurring transporter chief, became a main character on DS9. Later on, Worf would join the show in the fourth season. Numerous recurring TNG characters would also go on to have roles on DS9. I always liked how DS9 was firmly set in the TNG world. It almost felt like a sequel, simply because the two shows had so many characters in common.

beyond my personal opinions, i have understand most of the star trek fans hated the last movie. i did not watch it nor i am going to.
            The movie was not made to appeal towards fans. The movie was aiming to reinvigorate Star Trek by making it popular again. Again, this was because Nemesis was a box office disaster. Enterprise was canned from low ratings as well. The whole franchise came to a screeching halt in 2005. Paramount felt the only way to continue was to simply start over. It had to be a movie, because Paramount lost the television rights. It went back to Captain Kirk, because J.J. Abrams didn't like the spinoff shows. It was a new movie about the original series or nothing at all. If you decide to see the movie, understand that it revolves around a 24th century Romulan ship being hurled back in time to the early 23rd century. The Romulan ship's actions create an alternate timeline significantly different from the original series. This is to allow Star Trek to be fresh and new again, allowing entirely new stories for the Enterprise crew.

star trek legacy was not a spin off, it involved the 3 captains from the 3 shows. so its not a new spin off. its a mix of the 3 shows. and i think could be a mini-series rather than a full seasons new show.
            I didn't say it was a spinoff. As for the game being turned into a TV series or miniseries... that's up to CBS. CBS auctioned or sold everything off from the Star Trek warehouse. Further, CBS doesn't produce science-fiction. This all points to CBS having no interest in pursuing a new Star Trek series. Don't hold your breath.

if the show its rebooted with kirk, i cannot care less. now with a young picard we are on the right track.
            The only upcoming production is a sequel to the 2009 Star Trek film. Picard won't be revisited in the next film. The only way you can see Picard again is to revisit the series, the TNG films, and the DS9 episode "Emissary." That's it.

Comment

lol i have first contact. on English without subtitles (i understand it perfectly) the Spanish version was destroyed. all the dialogues changed. all the phrases miss armed. its like the movie kung pow. (and i am talking of the official version of first contact. i watch it trough cable).

this is regular when translating English to Spanish science fiction.
              on the episode progeny from sga McKay says on Spanish "son maquinas, erraticadores" (they are machines, eradicators) and thats the official Spanish Latin version from a DVD. i know this is for star trek. just putting out that all the Spanish translations for science fiction are beyond horrible. thats why on Latin America the shows are not that welcomed.

i don't care what that J.J. Abrams does not like TNG. so what if he did not care for lets just say Spock, what he is out of the show?
              that its beyond insulting to the fans. start a new show based on the original star trek and thats it. if TNG - ENT - and DS9 are going to be cut off then that its going to be a restricted non star trek (except the original series) fans.

on a side note, yes when the original data died on Nemesis, it was like if the show died to me. Aldo picard also felt like out of place with the new crew and the new data. but the story was beyond hope. only one race took his DNA did a clone and this clone wanted to become some sort of universal ruler while he was about to die? cmon... give me a history similar to first contact. (on star trek its ok the time travel for my taste) or to the movie where kirk and picard gets together in the nexus. it was the only time i care for kirk. he give his life to save picard. he understand that was nothing to go back to in the real life. and i felt the pain of the real life actor when he watch his character was about to die for once and forever. i don't remember where but the actor confessed a great pain to see his long life character that make him famous die. i think talking of that movie. Aldo if they did a mini series he could go back i think. the game includes him for sure.

Comment

Because from my POV , the story of the game is bad , and it needs more writing .
                And if you want a modable ST game try bridge commander , my BC installation has 8 GB and it has hundreds of ships
                sigpic
                Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                GW member infractions : 1

Comment

i like the legacy history.
                  bridge commander its newer or older than legacy?
                  i dont play it anymore. since i make the seleyas totally almighty (clones from T`uerell ships. same 3D model but different ships. i make T`uerell more powerful to resist my attacks a few seconds longer since when my phaser touches her ship it blows up lol. now it takes like 10 seconds to do so).

Comment

lol i have first contact. on English without subtitles (i understand it perfectly) the Spanish version was destroyed. all the dialogues changed. all the phrases miss armed. its like the movie kung pow. (and i am talking of the official version of first contact. i watch it trough cable).
                    I presume this means Spanish is your native language? If you can follow the movie in English, that's awesome!

this is regular when translating English to Spanish science fiction.
                    on the episode progeny from sga McKay says on Spanish "son maquinas, erraticadores" (they are machines, eradicators) and thats the official Spanish Latin version from a DVD. i know this is for star trek. just putting out that all the Spanish translations for science fiction are beyond horrible. thats why on Latin America the shows are not that welcomed.
                    If I remember right, I think this stems from some American words simply having no Spanish counterparts?

i don't care what that J.J. Abrams does not like TNG. so what if he did not care for lets just say Spock, what he is out of the show?
                    that its beyond insulting to the fans. start a new show based on the original star trek and thats it. if TNG - ENT - and DS9 are going to be cut off then that its going to be a restricted non star trek (except the original series) fans.
                    I was just explaining why you won't be seeing J.J. Abrams doing a TNG film. He won't be dropping Spock, he loves all of the original series characters. It's not that the director dislikes this or that character. He simply defines Star Trek as Kirk, Spock, McCoy, and the Enterprise ship and crew. He describes the spinoff shows as being Star Trek in name only. Enterprise, being set in the 22nd century, was not erased by the events of the 2009 movie. The events of the original series will unfold completely differently, but the ship and characters are all there. However, when we leap ahead to the 24th century for TNG-DS9-VOY... that's pretty much been erased for all intents and purposes. Look at it like this...

The Roddenberry-Berman Timeline
                    22nd Century: Enterprise
                    23rd Century: Star Trek / Movies 1-6
                    24th Century: The Next Generation / Movies 7-10
                    Deep Space Nine
                    Voyager

The J.J. Abrams Timeline
                    22nd Century: Enterprise
                    23rd Century: Star Trek (2009 movie)

on a side note, yes when the original data died on Nemesis, it was like if the show died to me. Aldo picard also felt like out of place with the new crew and the new data. but the story was beyond hope. only one race took his DNA did a clone and this clone wanted to become some sort of universal ruler while he was about to die? cmon... give me a history similar to first contact.
                    I'll agree that Nemesis was poorly written, needing a rewrite. I like the story, I just wish it had been revised to make a little more sense. The new Data was named B4, and he was an older brother, a prototype created before Data. As a result, B4's brain (positronic net) wasn't as advanced as Data. As for Picard's clone, he was created while Picard was still commanding the Stargazer, years before he took command of the Enterprise-D. When the clone was a child, the plan to replace Picard was abandoned. His rapid aging was never activated. Shinzon (the clone of Picard) kills off the Romulan senate and takes over as Praetor, effectively having conquered the Romulan Empire through political shakeup as Admiral Janeway put it. It was only then that the rapid aging returned as an illness due to never being activated. The only way to survive was to have a complete blood transfusion from Picard. B4, the prototype of Data, is planted and used to lure the Enterprise near Romulas. Shinzon asks to speak to bring the ship in Romulus orbit, Sinzon's doorstep. After that, he spent a little time getting to know Picard and mind raping Troi before promptly kidnapping Picard for the procedure. Does that clear up any confusion?

(on star trek its ok the time travel for my taste) or to the movie where kirk and picard gets together in the nexus. it was the only time i care for kirk. he give his life to save picard. he understand that was nothing to go back to in the real life. and i felt the pain of the real life actor when he watch his character was about to die for once and forever. i don't remember where but the actor confessed a great pain to see his long life character that make him famous die. i think talking of that movie. Aldo if they did a mini series he could go back i think. the game includes him for sure.
                    I think it was agreed by everyone (Shatner included) that Kirk should be killed off to pass the movie torch to Picard. The only time anyone seemed to really regret this was when the 2009 movie came to pass. Shatner's Kirk couldn't be written in, because his version of Kirk had died years before Spock was hurled into the past. Regardless, James T. Kirk is alive and well once more, thanks to Nero's Narada radically altering the past. Will Kirk still die on that rickety bridge in the future? Likely, not as his life has already taken a very different path from his prior self. This time, he was born in space rather than Iowa, his father died the day he was born, he joined Starfleet because of Captain Pike rather than his father, and he takes command of the Enterprise ten years early (Pike's ten-year command is one brief mission this time). Everything is different, thus the future is now an entirely unknown.

Comment

well, all OK.
                      as the translation issue, with all do respect but we have more words in Spanish rather than on English on the dictionary. so its really hard a word that has no counterpart on Spanish. can be argot from one country to another that does not has.

but we invent some word. for example dude on Spanish from Spain (its really different Spanish from spain than from Latin America. like English from E.E.U.U and English from england. or british English lol) its "tio" (uncle) on Spanish from Spain.
                      on Spanish from uruguay, the friends says one to the other "boludo" (translation tweaked: person that has big testicles, gonads as you wish to put it).
                      regarding McKay he should say "son maquinas, replicadores" (they are machines, replicators). not eradicators (erraticadores)

agreed some English phrases does not make any sense or sounds good in a "raw" translation.
                      and just as a side note, i listen English on the movies and tv shows and for me its the same that listen to Spanish people talking. i can even on real time translate. but i prefer Spanish because i am lazy and it feels more comfortable like in sga to understand faster the technology explanations (for example its not the same say 10 inches rather than 25,4 centimeters witch its the same value just converted).

Comment

i like the legacy history.
                        bridge commander its newer or older than legacy?
                        i dont play it anymore. since i make the seleyas totally almighty (clones from T`uerell ships. same 3D model but different ships. i make T`uerell more powerful to resist my attacks a few seconds longer since when my phaser touches her ship it blows up lol. now it takes like 10 seconds to do so).

it's a little older but the modded ships are higher quality , very awesome much more detailed then Legacy
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                        StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                        GW member infractions : 1

Comment

I like the new Star Trek movie and I love Fringe so I'm no JJ hater. Still it seems a little odd and churlish for him to say the spin offs are "Star Trek in name only".. kind of cocking a snook at a lot of the potential audience for his movie. Or maybe it isn't that odd.. I watched enough of Alias (about half of it) and heard enough about Lost to form the opinion that this guy isn't immune to giving viewers the finger

Side note: what are the odds of CBS selling the TV rights if they don't intend to use them.. particularly if the next movie builds on the success of the last one?
                          "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Unlikely. They don't just hold the TV rights, they're the distributor for all Trek TV stuff. Meaning they produce and sell the DVDs and BDs of all the Trek series as well. That's a huge chunk of change being constantly raked in for nearly nothing being spent back on it (comparatively) and whilst receiving free promotion from JJ Abrams' monster-hit theatrical reboot and upcoming sequel.

It's a cash cow, basically. In order for anyone to buy it from them, they'd probably have to bankrupt themselves in doing the purchasing.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ah yeah, good point. That's a shame because I guess it also means nobody is likely to want to buy just the TV rights since they won't get the profit from DVD / BD sales etc to go along with it if they were to
                              "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Working...
                              X