Farscape Blu ray coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape Blu ray coming

I searched and didn't find anything on this. If there is something already, please delete this.

I saw this today: Blu ray news

I really hope this is true.

I sure hope it is. I forget who it was who said it but there were thinking about doing Farscape BR's for a while now but needed the funds to do something about the CGI because it was created (i think only seasons 1-3 though) with television in mind and the shots would look like crap next to everything else. Don't know if that happened or there's just going with what they got.

But I'm not going to get super excited yet because a Farscape BR release was listed on Amazon back 2009 that never came to fruition. But if it comes out, I'm definitely buying. I need this and SG-1.
    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Fingers crossed for a decent version!
      sigpic

Comment

yay! thanks for the good news. already crossed my fingers )))
        sigpic

Comment

I'm with Chricton on this one. I certainly hope it's happening, but I thought the price tag was way too severe?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
            I'm with Chricton on this one. I certainly hope it's happening, but I thought the price tag was way too severe?
            In my case the price does not matter. For the sake of the collection I can make the sacrifices
            sigpic

Comment

Very interesting. Even though the complete series DVD set just came out not too long ago, I really want to see how Farscape looks on BD! I hope it's a good transfer and upgrade
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Waste of money for me. I already have the DVDs
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, the difference in quality between DVD and BD is very noticeable on my monitor. Yet sometimes it's better to overpay for the pleasure.
                  sigpic

Comment

More details and box art: LINK

I will wait to see about Picture quality before I buy this. Problem #2 is that I planned to watch the whole series in August since I have the month off. IDK if I should wait or not now.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBear View Post
                      In my case the price does not matter. For the sake of the collection I can make the sacrifices
                      Oh me too, I meant Rockne had talked before about how the price of updating the effects to make them work for Blu was cost prohibitive. I wonder if they just left it all as is?

Comment

Oh me too, I meant Rockne had talked before about how the price of updating the effects to make them work for Blu was cost prohibitive. I wonder if they just left it all as is?
                        Ugh... Blame my awful English. Sorry
                        sigpic

Comment

I already have the complete series on DVD... And PKW. Although I kinda would like The Peacekeeper Wars to be released on Blu...

Comment

Actually the effects are the least of my worries now. Having done some reading, Rockne's main concern was a BR release might be limited to 576p for seasons 1-3. But not because of effects or the original 35mm's being missing, but because the show was edited after the video was brought down to broadcast resolution. Even if the originals were rescanned in perfect 1080p (though fullscreen 1440 *1080), they would need to completely re-edit the first three seasons.

To me that seems like a TON of work. Maybe that's the story behind the November release date, but I'm extremely skeptical for 'best case' at this point.
                            Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

It looks like it will be $200 for the complete series. Considering a lot of people already have the DVDs, this is looking like quite a hefty amount to dish out. Also have to consider the concerns voiced so far regarding the special effects.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X