This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut975 View Post
    This is my hope as well, with the 50th anniversary coming up I had thought that this would be the perfect time to either A) have another go of 'The Three Doctors' or B) add Paul McGann to the mix for 'The Four Doctors' and finally explain just how the Doctor regenerated from 8 to 9, possibly even give more insight to the Time War.
    That would indeed be super cool. Who knows, there are clearly big plans for the anniversary. And I would really, really, love it if Susan Foreman showed up as well.
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
      If this is true..... I like his WHO even more.
      http://badwilf.co.uk/?p=820
      I thought very highly of the Ninth Doctor and even more so after reviewing all of his episodes earlier this year. 'tis a shame that internal politics had to create problems for him. I actually ended up liking the Ninth and Eleventh Doctors the best. I applaud his decision to leave and not compromise himself even though it meant the fandom had to do without the Ninth Doctor past the first season.
      sigpic

Comment

Actually that interview isn't as accurate as it should be. Chris seriously lacks a sense of humor and has a warped view of certain aspects of television, etc. He reads into things a lot that just aren't there.

He over-analyzes Doctor Who as a show about a guy in a Police Box having authority over people and that the show promotes obedience to authority and superiors. This is a statement he made in an interview.

His perception of the cast being "bullied" is warped as well. Knowing his attitude and mindset, his most likely witnessed friendly jesting, or someone being harassed because the guy was probably a jerk, and they higher-up crew put him in his place.

Chris actually HATES Doctor Who and will get pissed off if you even ask him about it. While I loved his acting as the 9th incarnation of the Doctor, he has to be one of the worst "Doctors" ever for his attitude towards what he was acting in. He loathed the show he was acting for, that should upset anyone and any actor who LOVES Doctor Who and appreciates the role. He obviously didn't.

Comment

Where is the "dislike" aka red "green" button when you want it...

Comment

Originally posted by IceSage View Post
            Actually that interview isn't as accurate as it should be. Chris seriously lacks a sense of humor and has a warped view of certain aspects of television, etc. He reads into things a lot that just aren't there.

He over-analyzes Doctor Who as a show about a guy in a Police Box having authority over people and that the show promotes obedience to authority and superiors. This is a statement he made in an interview.

His perception of the cast being "bullied" is warped as well. Knowing his attitude and mindset, his most likely witnessed friendly jesting, or someone being harassed because the guy was probably a jerk, and they higher-up crew put him in his place.

Chris actually HATES Doctor Who and will get pissed off if you even ask him about it. While I loved his acting as the 9th incarnation of the Doctor, he has to be one of the worst "Doctors" ever for his attitude towards what he was acting in. He loathed the show he was acting for, that should upset anyone and any actor who LOVES Doctor Who and appreciates the role. He obviously didn't.
            Sorry but what's your basis for this? besides you saying he was probably a jerk and so there.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IceSage View Post

All aboard the Troller Coaster!

Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                Where is the "dislike" aka red "green" button when you want it...
                They took it away after someone threatened to red Darren for giving Torchwood its own folder.

Spoiler:
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

As much as I love Doctor Who, I'm glad that Chris stuck to his ethics as an actor. He was a great Doctor, but he shouldn't have to do a job that he is not enjoying, like anyone else these days.

It's just a shame that the crew couldn't get on with him. David Tennant and Matt Smith are great Doctors, but I am ofton left wondering what the series would have been like if conditions for Chris had improved, and if he had stayed on for longer.
                  Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I never did buy the "didn't want to be typecast" cover story.

I wonder whether the "senior people" he refers to were within BBC Management, or lower down the pecking order, such as the "series creator"?

Comment

Is it because of politics that BBCA doesn't air reruns of Series 1 with Christopher Eccelston?

While there may have been a falling-out upon his departure, his portrayal of 'The Doctor' is no less legitimate that any of the other actors who played him.
                      Total syffy posts: 36,690
                      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                      Matthew 5:9

Comment

I don't know.... But even here in Australia, we tend to only get more recent re-runs on the ABC. I suspect BBCA just look at his era as being more than 10 years old, and thus less viewable than the more recent Doctors.

Unless that is someone from that so called "pecking order" who Chris has issue with has migrated over the pond and is working at BBCA... But I mean, it's not like 1 single person could bring down a whole tv series... right...? :} *cough Michael Grade cough*
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

Unless BBC/BBCA is not airing the episodes to avoid paying CE royalties because he left. If that's the case, then the other actors may also be losing out on their share of the royalties as well.

To quote Agent Mulder: "The truth is out there."
                          Total syffy posts: 36,690
                          (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                          Matthew 5:9

Comment

I can't dislike that claim... I don't really know BBCA's trends with what they screen... But I doubt it...
                            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                            and lots more!

Comment

He is still my favorite Doctor.

Comment

Working...
                              X