This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonas Quinn

There's probably a thread on this, but I haven't seen the episode. I don't want to be spoiled on the plot, I just want to discuss why Jonas wasn't in the episode.

The last time we saw Jonas Quinn and Langara was way back in SG-1 7-14 "Fallout." The next time Lanaga was mentioned was in 10-7 "Counterstrike." We learned that the world had been conquered by the Ori. We finally see Langara again in SGU 2-15 "Seizure," seven years since SG-1 last visited in "Fallout." Why not use this opportunity to write in Corin Nemec, if available, to return as Jonas Quinn? Given we hadn't seen him for seven years, he could have become a powerful politician or been in charge of everything stargate related. Does anyone know why this wasn't at least considered?

brad and and company dont like him.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I did. I liked him. And I wish they could have at least mentioned him in some way. Is that a guess that Brad & Co. don't like him, or do you know that for a fact?

Comment

He was unavailable or unneeded. They didn't hate him.

Comment

It was yet another continuity gaffe, which shouldn't come as a surprise anymore. I think the biggest problem wasn't that he wasn't there, but Jonas was not even mentioned or discussed. Especially when considering the plot of the episode, it really didn't make sense.
          sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen the episode so I don't really know anything about it but, I seriously doubt anyone hated him, why else would they have got Corin to play Jonas to began with, Why do people always have to say such aweful thing about Jonas...he was a great chracter, that was just a horrible thing to say the only thing is that Corin wasn't available.
            sigpic

Comment

I do believe that Jonas should have at least been mentioned both times, on SG-1 and SGU, when Langara was mentioned or involved.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jackoneillislove View Post
                I haven't seen the episode so I don't really know anything about it but, I seriously doubt anyone hated him, why else would they have got Corin to play Jonas to began with, Why do people always have to say such aweful thing about Jonas...he was a great chracter, that was just a horrible thing to say the only thing is that Corin wasn't available.
                I thought Jonas was a great character. He was a refreshing change after five years and brought a lot of enthusiasm and curiosity with him. I wish there had been some way he could have been kept around longer.

Comment

How could they contrive the plot to feature him? The whole premise pretty much precludes his involvement, as if he knew what Langara was up to then there'd be no story, and if he didn't he'd be useless, plus unlikely to betray his planet anyway. Joe wrote in his notes that he should be mentioned, but they chose not to.

Comment

Yup, lets bring in McKay, and Woolsey...but not the most recognizable Langaran face we know, Jonas.
                    I remember hearing that Corin was approached to reprise an old character, yet it never happened, and I've never found out.
                    sigpic

Comment

There was an unsubstantiated quote on one of the notoriously unreliable Stargate wiki sites from him supposedly saying he was going to reprise a role in a Stargate spin-off. It was no doubt just made up.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        There was an unsubstantiated quote on one of the notoriously unreliable Stargate wiki sites from him supposedly saying he was going to reprise a role in a Stargate spin-off. It was no doubt just made up.
                        Darn.

Comment

I wish they had made that episode 2 separate episodes. They could have expanded on what was going on with the Langarans, and probably found a suitable part for Jonas. It seemed to be incomplete somehow. I am neutral as to Jonas as a character, but maybe that's what was missing for that story.

I find Destiny's AI an interesting story line, and adding Ginn and Amanda Perry in there was very intriguing, wish we could have had more of it. I'm sure we would have if there was a season 3. Darn!
                          sigpic

Comment

Would seems a bit of a waste of an episode though, especially for the people who never watched SG-1.

Comment

Working...
                            X