So I finally bought Season 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I finally bought Season 1

Not too long ago I purchased the first season of Babylon 5 on DVD. I'd never seen much of the show at all before but in the last few months I'd considered buying it because it was so highly regarded.

I don't know much about it other than the general gist of the storyline. I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. One thing that I had been thinking about though is the complaint I'd sometimes heard that Deep Space Nine plagiarized the show. I'm not sure I see it. Sure some of the concepts seem vaguely similar but I don't really see the characters or different races as rip offs.

Anyway, I enjoyed the heck out of the first season. The characters were memorable and for a season about "Sighs and Portents" the plot build up is quite captivating. So I hope I can find the rest of the show eventually. I'm familiar with the basic concept of a lot of what follows, namely that there's a war against "the Shadows" for most of the rest of the show, but not much more than that.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Not too long ago I purchased the first season of Babylon 5 on DVD. I'd never seen much of the show at all before but in the last few months I'd considered buying it because it was so highly regarded.

I don't know much about it other than the general gist of the storyline. I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. One thing that I had been thinking about though is the complaint I'd sometimes heard that Deep Space Nine plagiarized the show. I'm not sure I see it. Sure some of the concepts seem vaguely similar but I don't really see the characters or different races as rip offs.

Anyway, I enjoyed the heck out of the first season. The characters were memorable and for a season about "Sighs and Portents" the plot build up is quite captivating. So I hope I can find the rest of the show eventually. I'm familiar with the basic concept of a lot of what follows, namely that there's a war against "the Shadows" for most of the rest of the show, but not much more than that.
    The DS9 similarities aren't really that big of an issue. Anything DS9 could have been based on was early stuff thought up by JMS and as such, tends to be less apparent after the first season. Season one is not exactly the best season of the show. Once season 2 starts and the Shadows start to be built up, it's clearly a different beast all together. Fantastic series plus if you're a Trek fan, the cameo appears are awesome at times.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, and if you like the first season, you're going to love the rest, so I hope you can find them soon for a reasonable price.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X