Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tollan stargate: upgrade or a silly stargate???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tollan stargate: upgrade or a silly stargate???

hello. not sure if a similar thread its already created. but my question is: the tollan Stargate was so weak that a goa`uld attack could destroy it without making it explode?
    i mean the tollan guy en loved with colonel carter stated that they could not scape from the Stargate since was destroyed by the goa`ulds so they took ships in the final message he sent out.

so i guess their version of the Stargate was not resistant as a regular one. probably to spend less naquadah making it.
    also, why the Asgards did not build their own Stargate version? sure they did not used it. but the tollans also did not used it more than to get supplies. (such as naquadah, etc).

here the only time we could see the tollan stargate:
    tollan sillygate.jpg

I doubt it was an upgrade. The probably just cobbled it together in Narim's basement.

Comment

LOL
      but no. i think was an upgrade. i think the inner ring was only decorative. this could be the most similar Stargate ever created that was almost as new as the Pegasus one. i mean without spinning inner ring but without holographic addresses. probably the DHD did it all. and there was no center opening chevron. so basically was a tollan modern Stargate. as i always said, the tollans where like selfish human ancients.

Comment

I can't say if it was an upgrade or not, considering that jack comments that the tolan gate is smaller, but if they were advanced enough to build it in the 1st place, it means they were quite brilliant.

As for it's destruction. It could mean a number a of things. Maybe the hit jumply buried the gate, if not and the gate was actually destroyed, it could have been something more simple like it being snapped in half instead of the naquada being detonated.

There has never been much information about Tollan technology given, since they never really lasted that long.
        sigpic
        Weapons At Maximum!

Comment

I don't think the gates all explode when attacked, for instance the one picture below is just partly destroyed by enemy fire and did not then overload.

I also pulled this from the Stargate wikia

The first-generation Stargates are far less durable than the later models. During an emergency evacuation of the Novus colony a single berzerker drone hit the gate with a relatively weak energy weapon, but managed to blast a hole through the ring and disable the gate's ability to create a wormhole. This was the first time that a Stargate has been seen to be damaged by such a weapon. Another first-generation Stargate was able to survive a rockslide and later a C4 detonation to unbury it, so it still requires a relatively powerful blast to damage the gate.(SGU: "Common Descent", "Aftermath")
          This means that the Tollan stargate wasn't necessarily completely blown up but just damaged enough to render it unusable.

Oh and according to the Stargate Wiki the Tollan built the gate with knowledge provided by The Nox so it wasn't entirely of their own making.
          Last edited by IcarusAbides; 19 July 2011, 09:07 AM. Reason: added some extra
          sigpic

Comment

lol i refer that a goa`uld probably "snapped in half" the Stargate. yes was thinner. but if you think about it, an ancient Stargate once resisted the direct hit of a meteor falling from the sky and was buried. that means that the Tollan Stargate might be more advanced but a lot less resistant.

yes the Nox help out. but still the creation was entirely Tollan. if not why the Nox did not do their own Stargate? and i never said was a new invention from the Tollans. the knowledge came from the ancients then from the Nox up to the Tollans.

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
              I don't think the gates all explode when attacked, for instance the one picture below is just partly destroyed by enemy fire and did not then overload.

Spoiler:
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]30795[/ATTACH]

I also pulled this from the Stargate wikia

This means that the Tollan stargate wasn't necessarily completely blown up but just damaged enough to render it unusable.

Oh and according to the Stargate Wiki the Tollan built the gate with knowledge provided by The Nox so it wasn't entirely of their own making.
              Prove it. That wiki is bullcrap. There is no, absolutely no evidence in the series that ever indicated that the Nox built the Tollan stargate. The only line ever to be uttered close to it was too cryptic to make that assumption. Absolutely not.
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

the nox DID NOT build the tollan Stargate but yes they help (a lot) according Narim.
                that picture its not from an Stargate. that looks more a part of some ship. i don't think the Stargate its going to be made of stone (looks like) and have wires inside. if its not fake its a screen shot but from other stuff. quote in the Stargate wiki in what episode of what franchise in what season its shown. i never recall see in sg1 or sga a Stargate partially destroyed. i cannot say for sgu since i did not watch it more than two or three episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by SILLYFAN View Post
                  the nox DID NOT build the tollan Stargate but yes they help (a lot) according Narim.
                  that picture its not from an Stargate. that looks more a part of some ship. i don't think the Stargate its going to be made of stone (looks like) and have wires inside. if its not fake its a screen shot but from other stuff. quote in the Stargate wiki in what episode of what franchise in what season its shown. i never recall see in sg1 or sga a Stargate partially destroyed. i cannot say for sgu since i did not watch it more than two or three episodes.
                  No they did not. We have no evidence of that. There are 4 episodes in which the Tollan appear, 3 others where they are mentioned, and in none of them do they mention anything about the Nox helping them with their Stargate. The Nox appear in even less.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Narim say that they build an Stargate with help from the Nox.
                    if you want to probe me wrong, watch all the episodes with Tollans involved then tell me if that is or not true.

Comment

Narim say that they build an Stargate with help from the Nox.
                      if you want to probe me wrong, watch all the episodes with Tollans involved then tell me if that is or not true.
                      It is wrong. Narim specifically stated that the Nox helped devise a way for the Tollan to get home. That statement is far too cryptic to mean that the Nox gave the Tollan directions on how to build a Stargate.

sigpic

Comment

WRONG.
                        O'Neill asks (i think if not was carter) where they get a Stargate. Narim says that they build one.
                        O'Neill its very impressed. then Narim says "The Nox help us to build one"
                        watch the episode where Narim sends the cat that carter give to him Trough the Stargate with the Iris closed. with the Phase shifting tech the cat and Narim passes by. in that episode Narim says that

Comment

WRONG.
                          O'Neill asks (i think if not was carter) where they get a Stargate. Narim says that they build one.
                          O'Neill its very impressed. then Narim says "The Nox help us to build one"
                          watch the episode where Narim sends the cat that carter give to him Trough the Stargate with the Iris closed. with the Phase shifting tech the cat and Narim passes by. in that episode Narim says that
                          The episode you're referring to is Pretense. This is the scene you described:

NARIM : Our destination is the new homeworld, Tollana.

CARTER : But we sent you to the Nox planet. There wasn’t a Gate on Tollana.

NARIM : The Nox and the Tollan were able to devise a way to get us there.

O’NEILL : Of course you were.

DANIEL : Way smarter than we are.

VFX: Shooting through wormhole.

EXT – TOLLANA, (DAY)

SG1 and NARIM step out of a Stargate. There are lawns and a few buildings around them.

O’NEILL : Very nice.

CARTER (to NARIM) : So you built that….Stargate?

NARIM : Yes.

DANIEL : Way smarter than we are.

O’NEILL : Ours is bigger.
                          Note: Nothing even implies that the Nox built the Stargate, or even helped.

sigpic

Comment

could you add more lines of that script here?
                            i remember clearly (since a few months ago i watched the episode) he says the Nox help on the build of the Stargate.
                            if not, why the old Tollana used to have an old fashioned Stargate and not a Tollan one???

Comment

Perhaps because they did not need to build one since there was already one in place.

Comment

Working...
                              X