Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tollan stargate: upgrade or a silly stargate???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
    I'd doubt it. My personal opinion on the Tollan Stargate was that it was ring of Naquadah with all the technogadgets, with a healthy coating of trinium. That, or a Ring of Power. Preferably Nenya.

Is it sad that I get Lordofseas Nenya reference?

Anyways, for all we know the Nox may have helped them build it. But that is not said specifically. I always thought that the Tollan gate was made out of a conductive trinium alloy with a inner naquadah ring. It was probably like the gates from universe, not as suave and sophisticated. Just a basic model.

I believe the Tollan were 600 or 800 years ahead of us. That may not sound like much, but look at were we were 600-800 years ago. The dark age was between 500-800 years long, depending on who you follow. And there was more then one dark age actually. The only area they even approached the Ancients in was in phase tech.
    sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Raven Gold View Post
      I can't say if it was an upgrade or not, considering that jack comments that the tolan gate is smaller, but if they were advanced enough to build it in the 1st place, it means they were quite brilliant.

As for it's destruction. It could mean a number a of things. Maybe the hit jumply buried the gate, if not and the gate was actually destroyed, it could have been something more simple like it being snapped in half instead of the naquada being detonated.

There has never been much information about Tollan technology given, since they never really lasted that long.
      i agree. if the explosion from the gouald weapons fire was at the right distance the explosion wouldnt carry all the way BUT the kinetic energy of the explosion could snap the gate in two (or 3 or 4 or5...)

Please help my dragon grow!

Comment

Originally posted by QueteshRuled View Post
        i agree. if the explosion from the gouald weapons fire was at the right distance the explosion wouldnt carry all the way BUT the kinetic energy of the explosion could snap the gate in two (or 3 or 4 or5...)
        IDK...we've seen gates hit with asteroids, thrown into stars, etc. Ya know...those things are strong little buggers!
        sigpic

Comment

As we all know, the Tollan aren't as advanced as the Ancients, so their gate more likely than not, wasn't as durable.
          sigpic
          Weapons At Maximum!

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            IDK...we've seen gates hit with asteroids, thrown into stars, etc. Ya know...those things are strong little buggers!
            i agree BUT the possibility remains. ive heard stories where people who were close to explosions have bones broken and not a single bone broken simply from the rapid change in pressure and kinetic blow to their body...but obviously this is on a larger scale...and also trinium might be more brittle (assuming the tollan gate is made of trinium
            )

Comment

Heh, one thing I'd like to see is a gate that's been bent, instead of broken.
              sigpic
              Weapons At Maximum!

Comment

im pretty sure that naquadah is very brittle, but not entirely sure...but that would be funny

Comment

scince naquadah is crystaline a gate would never bend it would shatter much like a ruby or emerald or quartz would if enough stress was put on it.
                  sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                    scince naquadah is crystaline a gate would never bend it would shatter much like a ruby or emerald or quartz would if enough stress was put on it.
                    I can see that...
                    sigpic

Comment

also theoretically a gate could power itself if its like quartz. because if you put enough pressure on quartz it will emit minute amounts of energy and considering the ancients advancement they probably could have done that sort of thing

Comment

Originally posted by SILLYFAN View Post
                        hello. not sure if a similar thread its already created. but my question is: the tollan Stargate was so weak that a goa`uld attack could destroy it without making it explode?
                        i mean the tollan guy en loved with colonel carter stated that they could not scape from the Stargate since was destroyed by the goa`ulds so they took ships in the final message he sent out.

so i guess their version of the Stargate was not resistant as a regular one. probably to spend less naquadah making it.
                        also, why the Asgards did not build their own Stargate version? sure they did not used it. but the tollans also did not used it more than to get supplies. (such as naquadah, etc).

here the only time we could see the tollan stargate:
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]30791[/ATTACH]
                        The Tollans are a massive problem in regard to Stargate technology anyway, despite apparently only being 800 years ahead of us they're able to defeat the Goa'uld who where thousands of years ahead of us, and able to do something the Ancients despite being able to telepathically communicate across the universe or cross that distance of billions of light years couldn't

Comment

Originally posted by Alterus View Post
                          The Tollans are a massive problem in regard to Stargate technology anyway, despite apparently only being 800 years ahead of us they're able to defeat the Goa'uld who where thousands of years ahead of us, and able to do something the Ancients despite being able to telepathically communicate across the universe or cross that distance of billions of light years couldn't
                          We're able to defeat the Goa'uld despite being thousands of years less advanced as them.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            We're able to defeat the Goa'uld despite being thousands of years less advanced as them.
                            Through luck and cooperation with both the Jaffa and the Tok'ra, and because the entire Goa'uld were still in uproar over Ra's death, something they never got over, and when I say defeat I mean in a technological sense.

Comment

Working...
                            X