Politics (120)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubis
    Quite right, I enjoyed Kinsey but I don't like clip episodes, they really are annyoing and also very cheap
    well I like the clip shows at the end of the season before the finale ... but this wasn't the greatest.

Comment

ok, il say it, i like clip episodes. i thought it was good.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

I do like this episode as the introduction of Sen.\Vice-President Kinsey. He seemed to want to close down the Stargate program because he couldn't have control over it as we see in episode to come.

Kinsey is a guy you love to hate. Ronny Cox is great as Kinsey. I have seen him in other programs so I know he isn't like this in real life.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of clip shows either, and it's frustrating because this one is an essential part of the Gou'ald invasion arc. The clips themselves are solid, though, because Season 1 was very watchable. There are even a few clips from the feature, and I love feature tie-ins.

I actually prefer Senator Kinsey in this episode to the overblown government conspiracy threats from the NID (and now, "The Trust") that characterized later seasons.
          END OF LINE

Comment

Okay, so this episode was almost entirely clips. But that's okay. They needed something to sum up the season, and they managed to pull it off gracefully. Kudos to whomever thought of that.

What was good:

a. Kinsey. I HATE him. REALLY HATE him, which is what makes an ep with him so infuriatingly delicious. He's so entirely one-sided and so entirely evil that you can just HATE him without any compunction whatsoever (unlike, say, Maybourne).

b. Teal'c. One word: scary. Lots of words (sorry, couldn't help it! ) : that glare scares the total crap out of me. I would not like to have him for a teacher (my God, can you imagine him teaching debate?)

c. Kinsey. Sorry, forgot something. He was so bloody wiley and so wonderfully hateable. I loved how he kept switching tacks; first, "the goa'uld are a minor threat, you've escaped them unscathed, etc." to "one nearly destroyed the facility, they're too dangerous, we've gotta play ostrich and bury our heads before they come down on us". I HATE THAT GUY!

d. Jack. I love it when someone gets his dander up. "This time, there really are barbarians! They're goa'uld! And they really are at the 'gate! That 'gate!" Hee hee hee. I love those moments as much as I hate Kinsey!

e. The "bake sale?...Garage sale?...Car wash?!" dialogue, complete with the "this is what I look like when I'm not laughing" gag. V. funny!

f. The ending shot. Panned back from the briefing room window. Great imagery, very dramatic.

g. "ENGAGED?!" Alleluia! I loved their reactions.

What wasn't so good:

a. Dude. Give Sam more lines. Sorry, it bugs me...

b. Daniel. Yes, the poor guy is niave (aren't we all) but really. I for one would have an awfully hard time accepting some story about alternate universes if I didn't know the guy. Wouldn't you? And yet he doesn't understand why Jack wants him to keep it under wraps.

c. Hammond. Come on already, show some Texas spirit!

To sum up:

ENGAGED!
            Last edited by zats; 19 September 2004, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
              This episode just pissed me off, especially Kinsey... He needs to go put into a box and thrown into the river, Angel style
              Yeah I was getting very mad also.O'Neiil might think that Kinsey is probably a Goa'uld like MR Burns
              Lord Zedd

Comment

OK Politics title allready makes me bored but the episode was good and oohh that Kinsey I can get really angry with this guy he is such a meany
                Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                  OK Politics title allready makes me bored but the episode was good and oohh that Kinsey I can get really angry with this guy he is such a meany
                  But he's a man you love to hate.

Comment

Although this episode was a clip show (which I usually hate) I thought it was done very well, and I actually enjoyed watching it. It's probably one of my fave early episodes.

Comment

A decent lead in to the S1 season ender to remind viewers of everything that happened in S1 & to tease them into thinking that the whole thing really would be shut down by Kinsey… the man we love to hate.

Yep zats… that was a funny scene…
                      Jack: “All right. Wait a minute. Let…Let me get something straight here. Engaged?”

Sam: “It is theoretically possible.”

Jack: “It's against regulations!"
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I dont like clip shows but liked the Senator Kinsey and his "evilness". This show had to happen though to get on to WTSG and i like to see how American is responding to the Stargate but i from watching S8 im tired of all the eps on Earth about politics. I wouldn't have minded this ep as much if i started with it from the beginning but now there is too many eps that don't go off world anymore. (sorry for the rant on S8 but this just reminded me of everything i dont like about S8)

Comment

I liked Teal'c's glowering. Too bad Kinsey didn't give him a reason to dismember him.

I guess it was a good way to sum up the season, but clip shows are just a boring and inimaginitive way to save money.
                          Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

I HATED this ep...I'm neverever watching it again..........

Comment

i liked how Jack had his little arguments with Kinsey and then eventualy pointed out some mis-spellings in the documents "he" wrote.

i usualy like any episodes that also have the government after sg-1. good intro to Kinsey i thought though.
                              "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

Not a great episode but one of the greatest line in Stargate, to paraphrase

"What do you expect us to do, upload a virus to their mothership"

Neat little dig at the creators of stargate the movie who went on to make the fantasticly dumb but thourghly watchable Inderpendence day.

Funny nasty line.

Comment

Working...
                                X