No announcement yet.

Politics (120)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, if you only started watching after children of the gods, it would be a great ep to get you caught up.

Comment

Garhkal, if you started watching after CotG, the only episode you missed was the pilot, and thus you'd've seen vast majority of the clips.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

True but it was in relation to his mention of not knowing how tealc came into the team.

Comment

Well this episode thought me to HATE Kinsey, and to adore sg-1..even more. This was an episode which anticipated the future relations with the politics, awful of course. Don't want to talk only about the senator, but i am gonna do it, so let's see, what else could we tell about him...ooh i know: the ultimate insult would be to tell someone that he is a "Kinsey"...so congrats senator, you're a big fat Kinsey.

P.S.: Nice exchange of replies in the begginig betwen Jack and George H..(even when Hammond has said to O'Neill that that's how he looks when he is not smiling, good old Jack managed to got a smile over his face.)
          sigpic

Comment

Not a fan of clip shows. This one was especially boring, only important for introducing Kinsey.

Comment

Clip show. 2 stars. Politicians are stupid!

Comment

The only purpose this episode serves is to set up the season finale. All that politicking was annoying to watch, especially as there was no suspense, as even first-time viewers in 1998 knew they wouldn't really bury the gate. By the time the episode aired, the show had already been greenlit for a second season.
                sigpic

Comment

IIRC, the show was greenlit for a second season before the first one started.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

It was interesting to study the ambassadors how they represented their countries. And I found it very amusing to see Thor pointing his index finger - that was so human!

Anja
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                      It was interesting to study the ambassadors how they represented their countries. And I found it very amusing to see Thor pointing his index finger - that was so human!

Anja
                      The episode you're thinking of is Disclosure from Season 6.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Thanks so much - I mixed them up!!!!!
                        Sorrrrrrrrrry!!!!!!!!
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

No worries, that happens.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh my goddess, I'm about ready to throw something at the screen.

Senator Kinsey is such an a$$. Like he hadn't already made up his mind about closing the stargate and shutting down the program way before he even set foot in the facility.

They really should have thrown him head first onto that planet Jack mentioned -- for which I have forgotten the designation so you won't find it in the quiz either.

Also, I'm not really a fan of clipshows, especially not when you're rewatching 2-3 episodes a week. It's fine when they are like 1 a week but not when you're watching them right after the other. Anyhoodle, it's an okay set-up to the season finale so that's about the only redeeming quality it has.

How would you rate SG-1's "Politics?"

Excellent
                            Good
                            Fair
                            Poor
                            Terrible
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I have a rule about clip shows. It's what behind the clips that I judge. I understand the necessary evil for clip shows to save money so I try to look at what is behind the clips for the episode. That is why I do like this episode. Ronny Cox is really good at playing antagonists. Really the episode is him fighting SG1 and Hammond and I have always thought the actor does a good job of making a facade of sympathetic. This is a good for me
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

In the Companion Book, Brad Wright says the same thing. He wrote the episode as an actual episode, which meant he had about 26 minutes of story -- Kinsey's hearing -- and the clips were added in to fit the rest.

Nevertheless, still not a fan.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X