Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics (120)

Default Re: Politics (120)

Like everyone else said; it's a clip show. Worthless.

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

the first clip show of stargate and one of the best

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

I believe disclosure was the best clip show. However this was the first which makes it special.

First Lieutenant Heru'urs_first_prime's Avatar

Loved this episode, really good! This is the first time that ive felt like ive REALLY HATED a TV character! the senitor REALLY PI**ED ME OFF! i loved it!
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...213/heruur.jpg
    Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Arrow1 Re: Politics (120)

This is only the beginning of Kinsey it gets much much much worse.

i think its great having a character round that you hate. makes it fun. i liked the episode overall

Well... I dunno I think this episode was OK but definitely not one of my favorites. I never have really liked the political episodes.

At least it introduces us to the stupendously magnificent Senator Bob Kinsey. Clip-shows never interest me all that much, despite their value as time-savers for the production team; even the well done ones (and some are, lets face it, horribly contrived and absolutely dreadful). Fortunately, we've largely had the better ones on Stargate.

The clip-show thing for me, however, is forgiven because of our first meeting with that nasty old curmudgeon. A fab character indeed - and yes, we love to hate him, the evil git. Smashing job by Ronny Cox, there.

Its never good when two of the most hated things collide. To confirm my last post I re watched this episode and YES it was amazingly bad. (Kinsey, and clip shows)

The best thing is despising Kinsey for his pathetic, self-serving shortsightedness. The fact that he's a power-grabbing, sneaky quisling is just a bonus. Have to agree that the 'clip-show' element of this ep is not my thing, though.

Kinsey, however, is a fantastically awful character. Nothing like a good, sneaky nemesis. I bet he was the school snitch, too.

He was probably the kid who told kids to beat a kid up because he was to big of a sissy to do it himself. (Like he did with the trust)

i always hated kinsey and always will atleast he isnt the vice president anymore lol thats a relive

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard
    i always hated kinsey and always will atleast he isnt the vice president anymore lol thats a relive
    Ha ha well atleast when he was vice president we knew where he was now we don't have a clue where he is. Will he come back? yep I think he will and I bet you anything he will be just as evil as ever.

Earth Symbol Re: Politics (120)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard
    omg, yes. Thank god he's not the vise president. Everytime I see him I get angry. Even if he's on a different show (like when he was a guest star on Desperate Housewives) all I want to do is hit him. My family just laugh at me.

I don't like this episode though. Currently I'm rewatching SG-1 from the beginning, and I came to that ep, and I watched the teaser bit before the credits (just to refresh my memory) and just skipped it. I guess it's okay, cause it's the first one, but flash back episodes, in general, just annoy me. But they are good for noobies to the show.

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
    "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
    My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Ooh, poor Ronny!

Personally, I find Kinsey so much fun because he's such an awful person. I dislike the old fart intensely too - he makes me angry for being the crumbly dribble of egg-yolk on the best tie of humanity.

Of course, this is his first outing - the best is yet to come!

Chief Master Sergeant Harlan's Speechwriter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
    Personally, I find Kinsey so much fun because he's such an awful person. I dislike the old fart intensely too - he makes me angry for being the crumbly dribble of egg-yolk on the best tie of humanity.
    The scary thing is that there really are people like Kinsey out there, some of them in powerful positions, just like him. He certainly reminded me of a few people I've worked with over the years....At least I get to shout at Kinsey cos he's only on screen!
    Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Kinsey is such an irritating and self serving character. When I first watched this episode I wanted to throw something at the TV whenever Kinsey spoke. But I guess that's the character. We're supposed to hate him. Ronny Cox does an excellent job at being an irritating prat who seems to be against everything we believe is right for the SGC. You wish you could send him to the alternate reality where Earth is conquered.

I never like clip shows though. Good for newbies, but when you rewatch the series on DVD, some of it gets fast-forwarded.

I think that Kinsey presented a real adverse persepective to the Stargate. It is dangerous, and it costs money. Theres a thread out there that discusses what would happen if the stargate were real and I think that a lot of people would have a problem with it because they don't care what is out there all they are concerned with is the here and now and what will effect that status quo in the near future, and 7 billion dollar program that coule potentially wipe out the earth is one of those threats.

Although I dislike clipshow episodes that SG1 seems to have so many of, this episode did serve a purpose in presenting a point of view outside the SGC and Kinsey did play the "Devil's Advocate" very well, and even though he was acting in his best interest as politicians often do, I think it was a good move for the writers to introduce him as an antagonist.

I am not saying I agreed with what he said about the Stargate, I just think it was necessary for it to be said. Besides he get it put to him when SG1 saves the Earth anyway

Chief Master Sergeant HelloVelo's Avatar

Heh. I thought Kinsey was brilliantly done. He makes me want to break things.

Rating: 4/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2.../politics.html
    My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
    http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Arrow2 Re: Politics (120)

I figure that Kinsey wanted the SGC shutdown so he could get a crack at it. However, he made the administration so biased against the Stargate program that I doubt he could get it up and running again.

Does anybody have any theories of how he was going to get control of it after the whole thing was shutdown.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast