• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Politics (120)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 120

Senator Kinsey arrives at the S.G.C. to investigate the program and determine whether the great drain on the U.S. budget is worthwhile, prompting the team to recall missions from the past year.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 11:05 PM.

This episode just pissed me off, especially Kinsey... He needs to go put into a box and thrown into the river, Angel style
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
      He needs to go put into a box and thrown into the river, Angel style
      I've gotta say Robert Kinsey isn't one of my favorites.. But what does an angel have to do with him?
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

In the third season finale of Angel, Angel himself was cast away into a box, and sent to the bottom of the ocean, thats what i meant

Comment

I thought this was a great way to introduce us to the evil Senator Kinsey. I thought Ronny Cox did a great job in this episode and of course every other one he's in. Of course, being a clip show especially in the 1st season doesn't rank up there in my favorites, but as I said before I loved the way Senator Kinsey was introduced to us.
          "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

This was, for me, a bad ep on so many levels. Firstly, Kinsey, to me reminded me of every sanctamonious, overbearing bully I have ever met. Secondly, it was a clip show, and I have always hated clip shows. They are used by producers who want to save money, and usually don't move the series on in any meaningful way. I could go on, (and on and on!) but I won't, except to say that I disliked this ep.
            sigpic

Comment

Quite right, I enjoyed Kinsey but I don't like clip episodes, they really are annyoing and also very cheap
              __

__

Comment

The very start and the very end were great. The middle... CLIP SHOW!

There was some good dialogue in between the clips. I loved it when Daniel got frustrated and went off on one. Teal'c had some good lines and some great glowers. No one can glower like CJ.

On the whole though, this ep has grown on me. As an episode on its own it's poor, but set in its place inbetween TBFTGoG and Serpent's wotsit it serves its purpose really well; when I have time to watch that little 4-ep arc all in one go (okay, it's been twice total) I haven't needed to ff anything. There's so much action in those other eps, this is like the 'breather', after climbing the hill but before tackling the mountain.

Also, with the benefit of several years' hindsight, it has grown on me for other reasons. I haven't *always* liked the Kinsey eps, but there have been enough good ones (CoC and 2001 in particular) and Politics certainly does its job as a good introduction for Kinsey and his modus operandi.

Madeleine

Comment

I guess the episode was there to show viewers that the SGC cost alot of money to run, and our (i think) first look of Kinsey, the person who i think i hate, but the actor does it so good. I guess there was bound to be an episode about the threat of the SGC being shut down (although there were many more in future seasons).

Comment

This was the first ep we saw Kinsey been a evil person but apart from the flashbacks it wasn't too bad
                    __

__

Comment

I really don't like Kinsey,or clip shows in general,but it was a vital episode IMO.
                      We were introduced to Kinsey and the spectre of the NID storylines to come.
                      Also,as Madeleine said,it's all part of the 4-episode story arc,....and I'm a sucker for that whole arc !!

One thing I would like to make clear.I really don't like Kinsey,but Ronny Cox himself,comes across as a true gent and a sweetie, in everything I've read, and heard about him,over the years !
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 27 June 2004, 02:18 AM. Reason: Typos etc....
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

This is probably the worst of the SG-1 clip shows.

Comment

this lame episode was required to get to the serpents lair... guess it kinda evens out

Comment

You say it's lame, I say it's good. It brought forward the creepiest guy in the SG1-universe IMO

Comment

Kinsy could have been introduced in a less lame way

Comment

Working...
                              X