Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What minor characters did you wish had a bigger role?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe we could've seen more of Ishta and Rya'c (maybe give Teal'c some depth beyond -.^ + "indeed" :-) ).

On SGA, we could've seen a bit more of the all-girl SG team from that Halloween show, especially Dr. Porter (could've had a ship with Carson), as well as Lt. Cadman (seemed a waste to scrap the character after giving her co-lead in a full episode).

Now, I'm not saying giving them large roles in the story, but the kind of occasional pop-in that Bra'tac and Jacob had all the time would've been fine.

...the whole storyline with Dr. Lam didn't seem to amount to anything. Shame, I'm sure Michael Shanks' performance would've improved with his wife on set (or maybe not, and that was the reason we didn't see more of her... )... err, not that it needed to. I think Daniel got progressively cooler as a character as the years went (maybe it has to do with gradually stepping out of Spader's shadow, as apparently originally the main requirement for the role was to "look like James Spader"). Also, I'm sure those of us monothematically fixated (meaning, on seeing pretty girls in shows) men who liked Lexa Doig in a sparse leather outfit as Andromeda would've turned in more frequent viewing if she'd been on more often.

Come to think of it, I keep suggesting more time for attractive women... And Rya'c. No, seriously, maybe I should try harder to find other criteria for wanting to see more of a character than them being a hot girl. This way, those poor Anubis super-soldiers won't get any mask-off screen time at all!

Okay, maybe they could've had Harry Maybourne in a couple more times, maybe after he became King Arkon (or whatever the spelling is).

Caldwell (post-Goa'uld infestation). He was mostly present as a taxi driver after that. There was even some shiptease with Weir when he came in all puppy-eyed after realizing the snake made him look like a jerk. Had the series continued, he could've been promoted to field commander of the 304 fleet (I think he was the most senior in command of a battlecruiser after Ronson and the late Pendergast, and Ronson (the first CO of Prometheus) wasn't seen after "Grace" -- retired maybe?). Maybe could've called him "Commodore". Wonder what a lifelong Air Force man would think about that? (commodore is a naval rank, a mostly outdated one at that)

Will post more if I think of them.
    Last edited by Michael Jansky; 13 November 2015, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Janus the Ancient. I mean, he is frequently referenced, but has no actual role in the story beyond SGA-S01. (Also, it would've been nice if the show could've avoided shifting the Ancients from the ultimate good guys they were as late as SG1-S07 to the incompetent jerks who invent faulty devices that they ended up looking like by the end of SGA.) Janus could've had an episode with McKay and/or Zelenka. Geek central. :-)

Jeannie Miller. She was pretty cool, and purportedly she's at least as smart as McKay. I realize she has a little kid and probably wouldn't be willing to get too involved with the SGC, but she still could do some work at Area 51 or on battlecruiser development that could get her into the story.

The Asgard in some other capacity than either dei-ex-machina or puellae-in-tribulatione (the first is the plural of deus ex machina, the literary device, the second is latin for damsels in distress). This is way out there, but it could've been fun to see an Asgard spec-ops commando. Armed to the teeth with portable plasma beams. Swaggering around like they were 5'0". Yeah. :-) I realize we saw exactly that with the Vanir (Pegasus evil-Asgard), but I was thinking the regular Light Side Asgard.

Adria (and I realize that that's probably because Morena Baccarin in leather tights is insanely hot and we didn't get nearly enough of her in all the 14 episodes of Firefly Fox deigned to air). Given the constant bickering she had going with Ba'al, they could've both gotten some character development and ended up in a relationship... I mean, close, but not quite as close as they ended up having, if ya catch my drift. Instead of Ascending Adria onto a bus and extracting Ba'al off the show, they could've, I don't know, been stranded together on a dangerous yet picturesque abandoned planet and in the process found new meaning in each other other than galactic domination, thereby completing their transformation into good guys (let's face it, Ba'al had been heading in that direction several times during his career on SG1 and Adria was always a little ambiguous)... How am I as a romance writer? :-) (Of course, any such development would've needed a Season 11 of SG1, as Dominion was the penultimate episode of the show and the very last story-relevant episode.)

Comment

Hmmm..... let's see:

Cassie Frasier (especially post-Heroes);
        Walter Harriman;
        Sgt. Siler;
        Major Davis--who REALLY should have been Col. Davis by the time SGU came around;
        Col. Emerson;
        Sara O'Neill;
        Clone!Jack;
        Rya'c;

SGA:
        Zelenka;
        Lorne;
        Col. Caldwell;
        Major Marks;
        Halling;
        Jinto--he's there in Rising and seems to become important to Sheppard and then nothing!
        the Vanir/Pegasus!Asgard;
        Grodin;

SGU:
        Volker;
        Greer;
        Brody;
        Riley.
        Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

I really would have liked to see more of a female member of the Pegasus (or was it Daedalus?) they used once or twice. I cannot remember her name to save my life, but she had several comical lines. They stood out enough to where I wonder if they initially planned to make her a more prominent recurring role. I wish they had.

Comment

Originally posted by Radio Picon View Post
            I really would have liked to see more of a female member of the Pegasus (or was it Daedalus?) they used once or twice. I cannot remember her name to save my life, but she had several comical lines. They stood out enough to where I wonder if they initially planned to make her a more prominent recurring role. I wish they had.
            Do you mean the woman who had the hiccup when serving with Hammond?
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
              Do you mean the woman who had the hiccup when serving with Hammond?
              Lindsey Novak - also showed up in Atlantis (and is AWESOME!).
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Except when it comes to hiccups.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Except when it comes to hiccups.
                  Then she's cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Lindsey Novak - also showed up in Atlantis (and is AWESOME!).
                    Yes, she is somewhat...different - I liked her so I remember her.
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

Played by Ellie Harvey - who also portrayed Morticia in The New Adams Family.

Comment

Working...
                      X