Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Awakening" nominated for Emmy ( Special visual effects )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Awakening" nominated for Emmy ( Special visual effects )

Announced a couple of minutes ago
    http://www.emmys.com/nominations/201...r%20A%20Series

Very good.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I remember reading one of those SGU-haters critique of awakening where they said the visual effects were sub-par. Showed them didn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Terra Atlantus View Post
        Well, at least somebody recognizes SGU's amazing effects
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

took me a while to remember what this ep was about. then i remembered seed ship
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well I'm glad they got the nomination, they deserve it, the visual effects were excellent. However I don't think they'll win, they're up against some very strong contenders, especially Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones, who frankly have some of the best visual effects I've seen, in a tv show or movie.

Comment

I'm guessing the GoT nomination is main for those dragons, I can't remember anything else of any note in the series really let alone the episode. The ones in Boardwalk Empire are so good though that until now I didn't even realise they were visual effects. Very detailed and photo-realistic renders, but I'm not sure they'll win without something a bit more dynamic though. I wouldn't expect SGu to win either of course, but not for lack of quality.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                I'm guessing the GoT nomination is main for those dragons, I can't remember anything else of any note in the series really let alone the episode. The ones in Boardwalk Empire are so good though that until now I didn't even realise they were visual effects. Very detailed and photo-realistic renders, but I'm not sure they'll win without something a bit more dynamic though. I wouldn't expect SGu to win either of course, but not for lack of quality.
                Well Thrones had the Dragons, the Three eyed Crow, the Wall, the various Castles, the Twins, and tons of panoramic shots. Like Boardwalk Empire, much of its very difficult to tell if it's CGI, as it's often used to flesh out existing sets. I imagine that if the Dragons hadn't been in, the Wall would have got them a nomination.

As it is though, while SGU deserved a nomination, I don't think it should win. To me it's a tossup between Thrones and Boardwalk.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                  I remember reading one of those SGU-haters critique of awakening where they said the visual effects were sub-par. Showed them didn't it.
                  Ah, they'd say it about any episode of SGU.

Still glad to hear SGU got some recognition. Now let it win the award, dammit.
                  sigpic

Comment

that'd be absolutely amazing if SGU won, especially given the cancellation. the vfx guys really deserve the win if only for the ursini! personally though, my favorite vfx episode of season two HAS to be blockade. i mean, flying through a blue giant? how could that NOT get an award?

Comment

I loved the visual effects on SGU and I'm really glad they got nominated for Awakening, I loved the way the Ursini looked. I hope it wins, especially since the show is canceled and I won't get another chance to win anything.
                      sigpic

Comment

Excellent news and a very worthy nomination. I hope they win - while I love BE and GoT, they're both getting another season (and probably more) so they'll have more shots at this particular category. SGU won't.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                          Excellent news and a very worthy nomination. I hope they win - while I love BE and GoT, they're both getting another season (and probably more) so they'll have more shots at this particular category. SGU won't.
                          This-exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            Those effects are better because they had a bigger budget. HBO has enough money for that (still they couldn't afford to run the brilliant Rome for more than 2 seasons -,-' )
                            sigpic

Comment

Given how good SGU's effects were, this is really well deserved. It would be nice if the team that brought us such cool visuals got some recognition!
                              sigpic
                              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Working...
                              X