Page 5 of 125 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

Default Re: Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
    Good to see Nana Visitor (Kira from Trek's DS9), shame she has such a small part though. Would have liked to find out more about how the 'bee' monsters were invested in looking out for the 'Grimms'.

Definitely not an episode to watch if you don't like bees!!!

Would like to know what Captain Renard is really and why Nick hasn't seen him for what he is yet.

I'm still enjoying this show, Nick is personable and I'm enjoying how he tries to balance his fight against the evil monsters and trying to keep it from his partner as if they are just normal police cases. I'm looking forward to finding out how the whole interaction between the various monsters and the Grimm's place in it all will pan out.

It was quite clever how they translated bee behaviour into a human context. They made their 'hive' in a paper mill, and they communicated with constant 'tweets'. Also the yellow and black motif in the 'drone's' shirt and cell phone, and the queen bee's outfit was a nice touch.
    My daughter pointed that out or I would have missed it.
    Portland trivia: That park where the second girl got killed is where the Occupy Portland people have been camping for the last 5 weeks or so and they're supposed to be getting evicted tonight. Hopefully no bees will be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Callista View Post
    My daughter pointed that out or I would have missed it.
    Portland trivia: That park where the second girl got killed is where the Occupy Portland people have been camping for the last 5 weeks or so and they're supposed to be getting evicted tonight. Hopefully no bees will be involved.
    Occupy Vancouver's lot are camped outside the Art Gallery, where the scene of the reporter being killed in Stargate SG-1's 'Secrets' was filmed. The court injunction is out on them too by the city council to evict them on fire safety grounds.

Makes a nice change we can get to know another city through seeing it on a TV show. I hope to visit Portland one day when we finally do that drive down the west coast. Keep the Portland trivia coming.

Makes a nice change we can get to know another city through seeing it on a TV show. I hope to visit Portland one day when we finally do that drive down the west coast. Keep the Portland trivia coming.
    *sniffles mightily* -- miss the Oregon Coast terribly. You will enjoy that trip immensely, I suspect.

I decided to watch it only further if it gets renewed, I'm outside the us so I don't effect the ratings anyway... I don't have the time anymore investing time in shows only to find out that they are canceled... :/

First Lieutenant

This show reminds me more and more of Buffy the vampire slayer everyday only with the monsters based on Fairy tale characters...

I hope both this show and once upon a time continue...
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

River's Roommate carmencatalina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
    Me, too. I'm not loving Grimm as much as OUAT, but I'm enjoying having interesting new TV to watch. They really are so very different, common source material aside.

But look at me, with two shows to watch right now! Crazy! I'm pretty happy (would be happier if I somehow stepped into an alternate reality where Firefly and SGU were still going on, but still, happy).

Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by carmencatalina View Post
    Me, too. I'm not loving Grimm as much as OUAT, but I'm enjoying having interesting new TV to watch. They really are so very different, common source material aside.

But look at me, with two shows to watch right now! Crazy! I'm pretty happy (would be happier if I somehow stepped into an alternate reality where Firefly and SGU were still going on, but still, happy).
    Maybe you could ask JellsGate these boards ratings fairy to get you there. (Joking)
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

This show reminds me more and more of Buffy the vampire slayer everyday only with the monsters based on Fairy tale characters...

I'm sure I read somewhere that some of the people who brought us 'Buffy' are part of this venture. Makes sense then. I thought it had that feel too, that's probably why I like it, I really liked the 'Buffy' and 'Angel' series'. Maybe someone has better luck than me finding something that mentions this fact.

I still like this show more than OUAT, I've felt more interested in the fates of the characters in Grimm than I do in OUAT. I'm still working on that one, Only Robert Carlyle having fun portraying Rumpelstiltskin keeps me watching at the moment.

I suppose there's a tendency to compare the two shows due to their use of all the fairy tales we grew up with as kids. I find it interesting that OUAT seems to focus on taking the happy ending out of the 'happy ending' fairy tales, whilst Grimm seems to be giving the dark tales of the Grimm brothers' tales a bit more hope, showing that all is not evil, there are some shades of grey.

First Lieutenant

I suppose there's a tendency to compare the two shows due to their use of all the fairy tales we grew up with as kids. I find it interesting that OUAT seems to focus on taking the happy ending out of the 'happy ending' fairy tales, whilst Grimm seems to be giving the dark tales of the Grimm brothers' tales a bit more hope, showing that all is not evil, there are some shades of grey.

In Grimm I'm not surprised they are heading that way, as you said some of the creative team behind Buffy is working on Grimm and in buffy/Angel not all creatures/demons were evil either. As for OUAT I think they are trying to bring the Fairy tales closer to reality and everyday life to show that they have always been part of our world to begin with which is why with Cinderella they have her fairy godmother killed by Rumpelstiltskin just so he could get his devious ways which I thought was brilliant by the way.

Maybe you could ask JellsGate these boards ratings fairy to get you there. (Joking)
    Its catching.

Anyhow, since our ratings fairy ( ) hasnt ventured into the realm of Grimm, i thought i'd poke around the site he uses. Here or Here. Now, is there anyone who knows how to read this stuff can tell me if its good or bad, or do some extra poking?
    Last edited by Ukko; November 17th, 2011 at 05:48 AM.

I really liked last night's episode. It kinda sucks that the next new episode isn't until Dec.

I was on imdb and I noticed that syfy will be airing the first 4 episodes on Tue(Nov22) from 7-11(so I guess NBC might be trying to try to expose the show to more viewers, which is good, I think).

I agree, last nights ep was really good. I am bummed I have to wait for more new eps though. This show has totally sucked me in. I'm really hoping it stays around.

There are a few good shows on this season, here's hoping we get to keep them, and not get more reality crap.

To Ukko, who was wondering if Portland's forests are really that full of moss:

We took these today when we were out hiking.
    Also, Portland trivia of the week: That was Multnomah Falls at the end of the last episode.
    Last edited by Callista; November 20th, 2011 at 02:09 PM.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...k/DSCN2155.jpg
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...k/DSCN2179.jpg
    Also, Portland trivia of the week: That was Multnomah Falls at the end of the last episode.
    *Moves into Callista's forest*

Had to reutern just to post this good news. Grimm given a full season order. Yay! A full 22 episode season Lets hope it does well on Thursdays and gets a renewal. *Crosses fingers toes and all other appendages*

Now, i return to holiday obscurity. I'll try to stay there, promise.

River's Roommate carmencatalina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ukko View Post
    *Moves into Callista's forest*

Had to reutern just to post this good news. Grimm given a full season order. Yay! A full 22 episode season
    Excellent! I want to see where this story is going.

Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Yay!

I loved the pilot but I was a little disappointed by the next episodes...until I watch the 1X04 which was very good! (and it was a bit funny for me to hear a lot of French sentences in the dialogues!) I'm happy to know that this first season will have 22 episodes, I think it's a good thing! It will be easier to develop the main plot!

Great pics! Loving the trivia, putting in my list of places to visit when we go down that way one day.

Aaaah, just got to love those mossy trees! The moss never ceases to fascinate me. It goes a luminous lime green around February time in Vancouver's forests!

Great news about the full season order to 22 episodes! We get to see more of Portland!

Pining for more Haven, Grimm, and Continuum

I was not fond of an episode about lascivious goat men, but hopefully the next one is better.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Quote Originally Posted by MasySyma View Post
    I was not fond of an episode about lascivious goat men, but hopefully the next one is better.
    It did have that shudder inducing quality! I kept trying to think what all those women fawning over that creepy guy reminded me of, and of course the awful Lucius Lavin episodes from SGA came to mind!

I loved the twist though when the creepy goat man was so upset when one of the toads were stepped on, but only because it was one less for him to eat!!! Yuk!