No announcement yet.

Question about Centauri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big issue that comes up with alien 'quirks' is usually an actor refusing to do something. Like shaving a beard or mustache or the like.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      The big issue that comes up with alien 'quirks' is usually an actor refusing to do something. Like shaving a beard or mustache or the like.
      Reminds me of Cesar Romero in Batman, with the white makeup over his moustache.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, and I seem to remember the odd bearded Minbari which seemed odd, Draal for example. Lady Morella did wear a veil, but I think that was to hide her hair...
        sigpic

Comment

yeah, that bearded minbari, i believe, came about because the actor would not shave his beard
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            yeah, that bearded minbari, i believe, came about because the actor would not shave his beard
            Draal had one, Duhkat, Lennon. It's strange though, as we know Minbari don't grow hair yet a bearded Minbari doesn't seem that odd. Perhaps they too were descendants of a certain character along with Delenn.

Don't think the veil is important as Centauri women shave their heads, so it was probably done to make it easier on Majel.

sigpic

Comment

Their sexual organs are different

http://babylon5.wikia.com/wiki/Centauri

Outer reproductive organs of Centauri males are consisting of six tentacle-like genitals that extend out from the sides of the body and "fold" in over the solar plexus when not in use. The males can stretch the tentacles out to several feet. [5] Females have six narrow receptive orifices, three on either side of the base of the spine, just above the hips. [6] During sexual intercourse the male places the tentacles in the female orifices individually. The level of pleasure during intercourse increases with the number of insertions. [7]

http://babylon5.wikia.com/wiki/Xon

Comment

Haha, yeah, I was writing with a phone earlier. New phone, still haven't figure out how to turn off autocorrect everywhere.

I agree, the only reason we probably saw what female headdresses we did was so the actresses didn't have to shave their heads. The circlets we saw for most centauri females were probably to hold the bald-cap on (reminds me of the headdresses we saw on more Twi'leks in Star Wars, I imagine those headtails were hard for the costume department to keep on). I'm going to make the assumption that lower-class females probably didn't have the circlets and just had their hair shaved or mostly shaved.

Comment

Working...
                X