No announcement yet.

Season Two Casting Changes/Additions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it hard to believe the contract would say no nudity and then they ask her to do nudity. I am thinking someone did not read the contract properly nor what was expected of her in that role. Plus I would expect she would know what the show is all about...
    sigpic

Comment

it's possible that she had no idea what the show was about. many people work too long hours to see shows, or they don't have premium cable channels. It's not uncommon at all for actors to have no idea what the show they just got hired for is about.

It also isn't unknown for casting agents to present one 'limit' and directors to present another - especially with female actors. The 'casting couch' and 'my first job nudity' is a cliche for a good reason.

I respect a person that holds to their principals and doesn't allow themselves to be a 'victim' to an industry that has a long standing tradition of 'chewing them up and spitting them out'

The kind of nudity and violence and scenes this show has and can have isn't always something that every actor is willing to take on.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        it's possible that she had no idea what the show was about. many people work too long hours to see shows, or they don't have premium cable channels. It's not uncommon at all for actors to have no idea what the show they just got hired for is about.

It also isn't unknown for casting agents to present one 'limit' and directors to present another - especially with female actors. The 'casting couch' and 'my first job nudity' is a cliche for a good reason.

I respect a person that holds to their principals and doesn't allow themselves to be a 'victim' to an industry that has a long standing tradition of 'chewing them up and spitting them out'

The kind of nudity and violence and scenes this show has and can have isn't always something that every actor is willing to take on.
        In an age of google, there is no excuse for not having any idea what she was stepping into. A 5 minute search could have told her about the basics of the show and the books, and how strong the content can be.

The other actors have taken the time to research and prepare for their roles, most of them for example have read the books. While in the end it is her choice, I think it is more of a case of this model being rather thick and not checking what she was getting into. She says that,

As well as modelling I study Sports Physiotherapy so I want to be taken seriously,
        I would suggest to her that if she wanted to be taken seriously then doing a worthless mickey mouse degree like Sports Physiotherapy probably wasn't a good start. Furthermore being nude in a tv show doesn't necessarily mean she isn't going to be taken seriously. I mean look at Emilia Clarke, who before the show was a total unknown, with her total acting credits being one episode of a soap, and now having played Daenerys, is quite well known actress. She has basically launched her career with a role that required copious amount of nudity.

As I said it's her choice, many other actresses have no nudity clauses in their contract and I must say I would be hesitant to strip off for the cameras. But she comes across as a silly girl who just didn't pay the slightest bit of attention to what she was getting into.

Comment

I don't understand why this piece of obviously old news is being dragged out now. If she was to play "the King's Mistress" it must refer to Robert. I suspect the wowsers are looking to keep the hornet's nest well stirred.
          sigpic

Comment

For season two there are 7 kings and just about as many mistresses. If she was one of roberts women it'd have been a flashback seeing as how hes dead and all

As to knowing the role, many actors do many auditions a week. Their research often starts and ends with what the casting agent is looking for. They'll research further dif they get offered the role.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              For season two there are 7 kings and just about as many mistresses. If she was one of roberts women it'd have been a flashback seeing as how hes dead and all
              The article I read about it made it sound as though it had happened filming season one - maybe the journalist got their facts wrong. *shrugs* They did run a pic of Emilia Clarke along with it, after all! LOL!
              sigpic

Comment

More casting news, Ser Amory Lorch has been cast. He is is a landed knight in service to House Lannister. At the start of the second book, he is pillaging the Riverlands at the command Lord Tywin. Irish actor Fintan McKeown has the role.

Also it seems that Ser Gregor Clegane, "The Mountain that Rides" the infamous knight in service to the Lannisters, who was in season one, and notably beheaded a horse , will be recast and will be played instead by Ian Whyte. It seems that this was not HBO's choice, rather the original actor from season 1, Conan Stevens, has now buggered off to do the Hobbit, forcing them to recast.

The speculation seems to be that he lobbied for the role of the Mountain to increase his profile, and when bigger projects came along, he abandoned GOT in favour of those, which seems a little ungrateful. But it's speculation at this point so don't take it as gospel.

More info here at Winter is Coming
                http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/09/...gregor-recast/

Also on a happier note, HBO have recently announced the list of directors. While in contains many familiar HBO directors, like Alan Taylor, Alik Sakharov, David Petrarca and David Nutter, who have directed shows like the Sopranos, Deadwood, the Wire, etc, also this season Neil Marshall is directing an ep. I expect good things from Neil Marshall, he's a great director, who has directed several decent films, including, Dog Soldiers, The Descent and Centurion, all of which I'd recommend. More info here.
                http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/09/...tors-revealed/

Comment

Rose Leslie cast as Ygritte.

More info here http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/10/...st-as-ygritte/

Comment

The Ygritte role has finally been cast for season 2. Rose Leslie will play the role.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/10/ga...s-rose-leslie/
                    sigpic

Comment

More casting confirmation for various minor characters

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/10/...confirmations/
                      http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/10/...t-as-karstark/

Comment

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/23/ga...rones-casting/

From one series where "off with their head" takes on a whole new meaning to another.....
                        sigpic
                        Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                        "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Qhorin badass Halfhand finally casted!
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Edward Dogliani will be playing Rattleshirt, Lord of Bones.
                            http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/11/...s-rattleshirt/

Comment

Working...
                            X