X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gwendoline Christie cast in Season 2

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=41234

We'll not an actual mythological giant but at 6'-3", Gwendoline Christie is probably going to have a hard time finding a date to the Sadie Hawkins Dance. Still, it's not all bad being that tall. She perfectly fits the physical description of Brienne Tarth, a key character in Season 2 of Game of Thrones. For those of you that haven't read the books, hears a description:

Brienne Tarth is the only daughter and heiress of Lord Selwyn Tarth of Evenfall Hall; she had three siblings, none of which survived childhood. Larger and stronger than most men, Brienne is a skilled warrior and longs to be a knight. She has an awkward personality, but is also honest and stubborn. She holds a naïvely idealized notion of knighthood despite the insults she receives from many knights, who call her “Brienne the Beauty” to mock her ugliness. She is also known as “Brienne, the Maid of Tarth”, but her most common and neutral nickname is “Brienne of Tarth”, as she is both from the House and island of Tarth. She is one of the deadliest fighters in the novel and does a whole lot of killing and maiming.
    Season Two of Game of Thrones premiers in Spring 2012 and begins principal filming this summer in Ireland. How's that beard coming Ror?

Apparently ComicBookMovie doesn't have an editor.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Yes we know, I posted this 4 days ago in the news thread.

Comment

I think she looks like a good Brienne.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
        Yes we know, I posted this 4 days ago in the news thread.
        That.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

yeah, so?

I avoid that thread because I don't want to be spoiled by spoilers that the rest of you have deemed to be non-spoilers.

You folks profess how open and welcoming you are of new folks and how much you enjoy having them find the books, yet if anyone dares to post outside of what you personally deem acceptable you jump on them and seem to do your best to chase them away.

I've already decided if I want to discuss the show or books I need to find another forum because you guys in here don't seem to really want to discuss with the newbies, you just seem to want to lord around, showing everyone how fantastically well informed you are and basically playing the big fish in a little pond.

Perhaps it'd be a good idea for a thread, Casting Changes/additions for Season Two.

That way folks that havent' memorized the books can find out what's changing without having every aspect of the show spoiled for them by those of you that have been following this franchise for years.

I didn't even know this book existed until the HBO series, and I can't be the only one. And I don't want to know how it ends. But many of you don't seem to have a thought to those that know nothing and don't want to know everything that's coming. They want to discover the secrets the books hold, not have them told to them. They want to share that discovery with others, not come in here to have it all spoiled.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X