Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadians! Space is giving us BOTH versions- UK and USA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Anyone have a link to the extra scenes? I'd like to see them.
    Ok, I put a lot of efforts in trying to find a way to watch the episode on BBC iPlayer, and i did, just now. May I say, it is not worth the trouble, not for this episode anyway. No extra scenes, the only reason why it's 54ish minutes instead of 51ish, it's because they did some kind of clip show for the whole season that lasts 2/3 minutes.
    And mathpiglet, sorry but I don't see how it could have been longer than 1h on SPACE. But if you're right, I'd love to watch it. Anyway, good premiere even though a little too american for my taste. But we'll see.

Oh, and LTT, if you want to check it out anyway, just say so and i'll PM you the trick I used to watch on BBC (because it took me a long time to figure it out, and really, I don't wish for you to waste your time the way I did).

Comment

Originally posted by never_on_earth View Post
      Ok, I put a lot of efforts in trying to find a way to watch the episode on BBC iPlayer, and i did, just now. May I say, it is not worth the trouble, not for this episode anyway. No extra scenes, the only reason why it's 54ish minutes instead of 51ish, it's because they did some kind of clip show for the whole season that lasts 2/3 minutes.
      And mathpiglet, sorry but I don't see how it could have been longer than 1h on SPACE. But if you're right, I'd love to watch it. Anyway, good premiere even though a little too american for my taste. But we'll see.

Oh, and LTT, if you want to check it out anyway, just say so and i'll PM you the trick I used to watch on BBC (because it took me a long time to figure it out, and really, I don't wish for you to waste your time the way I did).

Thanks for letting me know. If its just a preview of what's to come...I'll pass on it. Maybe in the future these extra minutes will have worthwhile footage.
      sigpic

Comment

Okay, my Space recording of the UK version schedule had a timeslot of 9:10pm- 10:20pm (Outcasts airs before hand and runs over an hour too)
        The USA schedule had a timeslot of 8m- 9:05pm

I noticed no difference in the episodes except for some of the commercial breaks were in different spots. The UK spot had a long preview of the rest of the season, the US spot did not. So if there is going to be some differences, maybe it's for later episodes? Or special little tidbits at the end?
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
          Okay, my Space recording of the UK version schedule had a timeslot of 9:10pm- 10:20pm (Outcasts airs before hand and runs over an hour too)
          The USA schedule had a timeslot of 8m- 9:05pm

I noticed no difference in the episodes except for some of the commercial breaks were in different spots. The UK spot had a long preview of the rest of the season, the US spot did not. So if there is going to be some differences, maybe it's for later episodes? Or special little tidbits at the end?
          Wonder why they (the networks) are doing this?
          sigpic

Comment

Probably because they can No, really though. I guess different audience calls for different version, or whatever. The fact is, they decided to take a flight to America, probably so that they would broaden their audience. But american people don't have the same taste for TV series as British people (I talk generality, here). So they have to adapt. But they know that they might lose part of their original audience if they changed too much of the original atmosphere, humour, etc... so they had to find a solution. And since it costs a lot of money to cut scene and add new ones, it means that they have the... means.
            So, yeah, they do it because they can.
            Just MHO.

Comment

Originally posted by never_on_earth View Post
              Probably because they can No, really though. I guess different audience calls for different version, or whatever. The fact is, they decided to take a flight to America, probably so that they would broaden their audience. But american people don't have the same taste for TV series as British people (I talk generality, here). So they have to adapt. But they know that they might lose part of their original audience if they changed too much of the original atmosphere, humour, etc... so they had to find a solution. And since it costs a lot of money to cut scene and add new ones, it means that they have the... means.
              So, yeah, they do it because they can.
              Just MHO.
              I think that's why networks do a lot of things they do...just because they can.
              sigpic

Comment

(it doesn't air any commercials, just advertisements for it's own content)
                An the odd reminder about paying the license fees.

Comment

Working...
                X