No announcement yet.

The Blood Line (410)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great episode , great miniseries too , so what happens next ? and poor Esther , but wow for Rex
    sigpic
    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by gulthaw View Post
      I cannot believe what I'm reading... people giving it a 10!?

I guess everyone who liked is from the states, for me (european) the whole season is horrible.

Bad acting (Rex is unbearable), bad writing (the CIA and FBI are really stupid), the "explanations" are silly... it's almost worst than Andromeda 5th season or the last episode of Galactica.

But well, I suppose that's what happens when americans play with british sci-fi. Please, leave it alone, don't do anything else with Torchwood.

Episode:: 3/10
      Season: 2/10
      But the CIA *ARE* stupid... Seriously. Poisoning Castro's beard. Look it up.

I quite liked it, and I'm as British as they come, thank you. But, I will agree, it was not a patch on Children of Earth, and I agree it had a lot of Americanisation to it, though this episode had notably less than some. Bottom line, if I hated American sci-fi, I would detest Stargate, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica etc etc. I don't. Torchwood Miracle Day wasn't as diabolically British as I might have liked, but I still enjoyed it.

Originally posted by jameshawking View Post
      I was expecting someone to say american sci-fi sucked in here.

Surprised it took this long.
      American sci-fi doesn't suck, but there is a particular TYPE of American Sci-Fi that, imo, does. Just like there's a particular type of British comedy that is, imo, dire.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I was expecting someone to say american sci-fi sucked in here.

Surprised it took this long.
        So, you didn't realized I was mentioning other sci-fi series.

I'm not british and my favourite SciFi is StarTrek:TNG (followed by Farscape, SGA and Firefly) so I don't have a problem with american sci-fi, but Miracle Day was plain horrible, or as we say in Spain, unsmokable.

Comment

Originally posted by gulthaw View Post
          I cannot believe what I'm reading... people giving it a 10!?

I guess everyone who liked is from the states, for me (european) the whole season is horrible.

Bad acting (Rex is unbearable), bad writing (the CIA and FBI are really stupid), the "explanations" are silly... it's almost worst than Andromeda 5th season or the last episode of Galactica.

But well, I suppose that's what happens when americans play with british sci-fi. Please, leave it alone, don't do anything else with Torchwood.

Episode:: 3/10
          Season: 2/10
          I'm an ex-pat Brit and I liked it! Then again as with everything it's horses for courses.

I grew up and hid behind the sofa with the old Dr Who, pre 1986, just can't deal with the new one, it's unwatchable for me!

British sci-fi always suffered from lack of money and interest on the whole by the Beeb and ITV I always felt. In some ways it made for more thoughtful and fantastically written sci fi drama, making do with a lot less such as with the totally brilliant 'Sapphire and Steel' to give an example. It's when they tried to do more, effects or gadget wise and try and add some 'American' style with the same money things went wrong for me, 'Blake's 7' comes to mind, along with 'The Tomorrow People'.. ugh!

US shows always had more money, so conversely many got away that had abysmal dialogue and pretty awful concepts. In many cases the effects were better and dazzled with the 'pretty shiny things' to some extent.

So, I guess I liked 'Miracle Day' because it mixed the two in a way, and it worked for this viewer!

Comment

Although I did find the explanations a bit off, and the whole blessing thing a bit weird, I did like the set up for the next season.

Spoiler:
            Rex coming back to life at the end was so Highlander, I figured someone would hand him a sword.
            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

FINALLY got to see the season finale of MD...Loved it! I'm glad we got Jack back and now he has an immortal buddy! I really hope this isn't the last season of TW.
              sigpic

Comment

Note:

There are now two immortals <<

could Rex be the face of Boe, taking up the name in honor of Jack?

Comment

Note:

There are now two immortals <<

could Rex be the face of Boe, taking up the name in honor of Jack?
                  Face of Boe did say to the Doctor "We will meet a 3rd and final time" Rex hasn't met the Doctor and Jack has a few times. And RTD created the face of Boe and Miracle Day. Who knows?
                  sigpic

Comment

1. Was wondering what the Spanish was initially then...kabooma.

2. Not a bad use of Oswald.

3. Good switch work.

4. OK...so Rex is immortal...pretty sure that means we got another season.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Wow! Those last 15 - 20mins! Bloody hell!
                      Started off slowly, but by the end I was gripped, didnt expect the blood transfusion, but when Rex was shot, I was like Noooo! then I thought, nah, he will probs come back as he had come back before...
                      Glad the CIA traitor ended up getting rooted out dieing, was hoping she would be killed because I thought she would get away with it when she attended Esthers funeral.
                      Sad about Esther, but thought she would be the one to die and also the CIA team, quite liked the CIA leader and the office team...
                      Glad thy made Oswald go back to the way he was...
                      Abit disappointed that we didnt learn more about the Family, but as people are saying, it did feel like they were setting up for a 2nd season.
                      So many bits made me cheer for the goodies (lol) like when Rex revealed they could stop it, when Rex threw that man over the balcony, when Oswald got his moment and gave that speech(great acting from Bill Pullman)then blew himself up, the catfight in the lift between Gwen and Kitzinger, when the soldier came back for Rex and Esther, when Rex realised the traitor was Charlotte and she was killed and even though i suspected it abit, when Rex came back to life.
                      Also, a nice amount of comedy lines too, like 'World War 2, what did you do to me?'
                      Overall, I think it was a pretty good season, some ups and downs, but I quite enjoyed it. Hopefully we get a 5th (or 2nd) season!

I really want to do a 10th episode and season rewatch now to see how the whole season flows watching it in one go, but Im going to bed, Ill do that on the weekend.
                      Last edited by Teddybrown; 15 September 2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

I seemed to remember one of those cat ladies saying about the face of beau that his the last of his kind or something like that.... so it kind of makes sense that there is another like jack

when first hearing that line i was like oh well shes just saying that because he is the only one she has seen but now it kinda makes sense

Good Season for the most part! it seemed a little bit rushed in places but i mostly liked it
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Is it just me or did something stand out about the Family Agent guys eyes at the end?

Comment

oh yeah. very, very blue
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm still torn on the immortality of Rex.

Good way to have a US-centric Torchwood spinoff without relying on Jack, Gwen and potentially even RDA, but it's the method behind it. I can't help but feel that despite Jack's numerous (and correct) claims about his blood being normal/nothing to do with his powers, that they'll try passing it off as the reason Rex is immortal.

I thought it was bad enough they tried using it as the reason everyone stopped dying, and I'd bet good money that they planned to turn all of humanity into Rex as the Miracle was just step 1.

It's definitely an ending left open for a new series, so I hope Starz is willing to have a continued presence in the Torchwood as I'd be willing to watch more of the series even if the BBC wants less involvement.

sigpic

Comment

More TW is always good!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X