• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Blood Line (410)

Visit the Episode GuideTORCHWOOD: MIRACLE DAY
    THE BLOOD LINE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 410

The team zeroes in on the Blessing in Shanghai and Buenos Aires, while the CIA draws closer to identifying the mole in their midst. The Families plan to bury the Blessing to maintain the Miracle indefinitely as part of a larger plan, unaware that the only weapon capable of stopping them is about to walk in the door: Captain Jack Harkness.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 21 September 2011, 10:49 AM.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS

YES YES YES YES YES YES

I KNEW IT

The moment it was a "season finale" I KNEW IT WOULD BE AMAZING

I even did the
    Spoiler:
    Jack Harkness gasp when Rex woke up again

I CANNOT WAIT

Comment

^ What

So we still barely learned anything about "the family" who I guess is just human, they weren't caught, Rex is now immortal and that was a good ending?

Part of me is just happy to have one final season of Torchwood, and if I don't try to think too hard, it was fun, but the part of me that loved Torchwood before was disappointed with this season that went on so long and barely resolved anything.

Hope to see Jack again, maybe on Doctor Who
      sigpic

Comment

Spimann, you really don't think they're putting together, or at least have plans for, a second season?

<< the entire last 15 minutes of the episode was "HEY! We're setting up a second season!"

Course they might go and not make one, but it clearly seems like they're planning on one.

Comment

Spimman has it down. For a finale, we didn't really learn much of anything.

The Family has vagueish world domination plans, which they don't really elaborate on that well. It comes off as somewhat cartoonish villainy, because they don't present any rational or beneficial motive for this behavior. It's like they just up and decided to be complete jerks on a worldwide scale. The Plan B bit was also a complete tease if they don't continue the series.

The Blessing I can understand being a mystery. I honestly didn't expect a straight answer about it. Jack isn't the Doctor, so it's not like he'd know. They even foreshadowed it with the monkeys on the other side of the world bit early in the season.

I liked Danes, though. I'm glad they didn't do the death redemption thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jameshawking View Post
            YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS

YES YES YES YES YES YES

I KNEW IT

The moment it was a "season finale" I KNEW IT WOULD BE AMAZING

I even did the
            Spoiler:
            Jack Harkness gasp when Rex woke up again

I CANNOT WAIT
            i did that too
            but i started saying out loud hell yes as well
            and got up to tell my wife
            but she was asleep
            so i came here
            cos i had to share

i see it like this
            the only image of rex the blessing had ever know was of him with jacks immortal blood in him
            so it reset everything back thinking rex was the same as jack

i wonder if the family is related to the family boold from doctor who
            they were both after the same thing control of a great force with witch to control things
            Avidffanimation YouTube | AvidffanFiction Youtube | AvidffanAlpha Youtube
            sigpic

Comment

Another season is almost certain. One Torchwood match Camelot ratings. But unlike Camelot or any other programmes which Starz could replace Torchwood with it has been given a lot of nice Tax breaks which are non transferable. Which will make what look like a fairly cheap programme to produce even cheaper for starz. The BBC and Starz got a multi year long contract. An I also read that Jack and Gwen at the very lease have both sign multi year long contracts to work on the show. One of the biggest problems with produce another season of Camelot was reassembling the casts.

If they have to cut costs further, an episode or two being cut could always been arrange. Miracle day could have done with fewer episodes and a tighter storyline anyway.

To me it sound like nothing was resolve by the end of the episode, through I have not watch it yet. I might down load now, depending on what my internet allowance is.
              Last edited by knowles2; 10 September 2011, 06:44 AM.

Comment

I'm not against a second season, but I'm not crazy about a continuation of this season...it was my least favorite TW season, it was had too much uninteresting space.
                sigpic

Comment

well, i screamed and hollered as well.

I actually had to turn off the encore episode, lest I shout at 1am in the morning when Rex comes back again.

Comment

I was more shocked by Ester dying than Rex waking up, i was waiting for something to happen there as i dont think they would've pressed reset after 1 season again.

Despite various online comments i quite liked Rex and Ester as characters, i will agree they were a little shallow and wooden in some areas but they both showed great promise, especially Ester who was just starting to come into her own

Why couldnt that *******ed red-head with beauty you could wipe of with a kleenex bite it

N.C

Comment

I would have liked it as any sci-fi series, but I didn't really like it as TW. Maybe if it had less episodes. I'm fine with no explanation for The Blessing (or is it related to the Total Perspective Vortex from 'The Restaurant at the End of the Universe'?), but a bit more about The Families would have been nice.
                      And what bothered me was the music, normally I like it, but here it was too much and too loud when they were talking, for me as a non-native-speaker it was sometimes difficult to understand what they were saying.
                      sigpic

Comment

As someone who had never got into Torchwood before, this season was a good entertaining story in itself. I probably enjoyed it more not knowing much about Torchwood.

I liked the ending with Rex, a nice surprise. glad the CIA mole got her comeuppance, and, as expected Jack kept his immortality.

Loved to hate character Jilly Kitszinger survived, she was so wonderfully annoying! The agent of the 'family' that she meets in the park kept reminding me of Agent Barrett in SG-1 for some reason! Some actors just really look the part of stereotypical secret agents I guess!

I tried watching Torchwood a couple of years ago and found Gwen to be really annoying as a character and that's what put me off, but this time round she was really good.

This season gave a good emotional rollercoaster ride as far as how the lack of death is dealt with and how human existence was redefined. Even though it was annoying that we didn't find out much about the motivation of the 'families' behind all this, the effects of their 'first phase' were horrific. If indeed we get to see what the second phase will be, I will certainly tune in for that.

Comment

Finally a Torchwood Finale that didn't sink into sillyness. The show's first two seasons were weak. The third was much improved but had weak ending and the weakest death of a character ever. Season 4 finally got it right. We don't need masses of info on the Family. We'll learn more if they return. We got action, drama, good character development, and awesome setup/ending if the show does not or does return that explains Bo Kind in Who.

A 10/10! Torchwood finally got one right.
                          "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I cannot believe what I'm reading... people giving it a 10!?

I guess everyone who liked is from the states, for me (european) the whole season is horrible.

Bad acting (Rex is unbearable), bad writing (the CIA and FBI are really stupid), the "explanations" are silly... it's almost worst than Andromeda 5th season or the last episode of Galactica.

But well, I suppose that's what happens when americans play with british sci-fi. Please, leave it alone, don't do anything else with Torchwood.

Episode:: 3/10
                            Season: 2/10

Comment

I was expecting someone to say american sci-fi sucked in here.

Surprised it took this long.

I'm happy that the season is over, honestly, though I really enjoyed it. Gwen Cooper was, frankly....obnoxious and useless as a character, in my eyes. She contributed nothing the entire way, and was more a hindrance to the team than esther could ever be.

Comment

Working...
                              X