• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gathering (409)

Visit the Episode GuideTORCHWOOD: MIRACLE DAY
    THE GATHERING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 409

Rex works with the CIA to track a lead on the three Families, unaware that a mole is in their midst. Gwen and Rhys try to keep her father hidden from the authorities, and receive a very unexpected visitor with some startling information.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 21 September 2011, 10:49 AM.

Excellent episode!

Certainly left me hanging for the finale... what the bloody hell was that thing in the Earth? Anyone got any ideas?

The last ep better pay off!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Better be something darned good to account for blowing all the science of a molten core to heck. It just looked like a giant vertical crack to me.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        Better be something darned good to account for blowing all the science of a molten core to heck. It just looked like a giant vertical crack to me.
        Technically the core is an empty Racnoss starship.

Comment

I lose track of how many things are at the centre of the earth in the whoniverse... racnoss ships, silurian tunnels, green slime rendering humans neandrathol, giant crack... seriously...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It's no wonder the lifeform can pass through the core. They've stuffed so much stuff in there over the years that there's no more magma.

Comment

How can Rex not see that blondie is a traitor????
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed the episode. I'm looking forward to the finale! I wonder what's in the crack?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  I wonder what's in the crack?
                  must resist crude joke, must resist crude joke, must resist......

OK, I'm getting a horrible feeling that the ending to this story is going to be utter pants, this has the same feel to it that Caprica had, where they'd look like they were going in a good direction storywise, only to throw something completely new and previously unknown into the mix and follow that story instead.

It's good, don't get me wrong, but the stories were better earlier in the series before the lady Dr got cooked, after that it kind of became a bit disjointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                    must resist crude joke, must resist crude joke, must resist......
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      How can Rex not see that blondie is a traitor????
                      They've been working together for quite a while, so even her ridiculously leading questions might not immediately catch on. That and contractual genre blindness.

Comment

Did the blessing appear bloody to any else? Maybe they've been putting it in blood banks for decades in preparation for the miracle.

I thought this episode was ok, new info yes, but kinda meh
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm not really excited about the next ep, I want to know about the solution, but it's not like I have to know it as soon as possible.
                          sigpic

Comment

Why this is a good episode, it was an episode that should have came much earlier in the season, around episode 5 or 6 if I am to be honest.

Q should have been a main character from the beginning.
                            Now I am guesting the family use Jack blood to reactive or bring the blessing alive. An I am guesting it will be jack blood that will turn it off, which is why the family been trying to kill him. It lucky that Blondy has been harvesting his blood for sometime, so he does not have to jump over that balcony.

I am more interested in finding out about phase 2 of what ever there ground plan is, which was mention in a preview for the next episode than I am in learning about the creature.

I am also wondering whether Jack knows the outcome of these events anyway, being from the future and all, I am pretty sure miracle day, the events leading up to it and the events after it would be a major chapter in Earth history that children would be force to learn about in the future.

An I got a feeling this is all going to end up in a cliff hanger anyway, there are far to many loose ends to tie up in a single episode, an the Families history sounds interesting.

Through I am kind of hoping Oswald Danes stay with the Torchwood team for next season, if we get a next season, yes he evil but he does cause a nice conflict amongst the team, which is entertaining to watch, more entertaining than the conflict between Gwen and Jack which is just getting repetitive now.

I am guesting I am not the only one who wants to know where jack gets his memory loosing potion from.

Also why would Torchwood shut down an operation bring alien technology out of China, surely they would want to take control of such an operation for there own purposes.
                            Last edited by knowles2; 09 September 2011, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                              I lose track of how many things are at the centre of the earth in the whoniverse... racnoss ships, silurian tunnels, green slime rendering humans neandrathol, giant crack... seriously...
                              yes what about the silurians - Jilly Kisenger and teh rest of teh Family defiantly needs to meet Madame Vastra and Jenny
                              ----------------------------
                              You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Working...
                              X