• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of the Road (408)

Visit the Episode GuideTORCHWOOD: MIRACLE DAY
    END OF THE ROAD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 408

Jack is taken to meet the one man who knows how the Miracle began -- someone with whom he has a deep personal connection. As Torchwood joins forces with the CIA Esther and Gwen reconnect with their families, and Jilly Kitzinger grows impatient with Danes.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 21 September 2011, 11:25 AM.

Good. An episode capable of restoring my faith in Torchwood (but my faith in the show can be shakey at times).

I appreciated making use of Episode 7's massive levels of exposition. Gwen annoyed me tonight, but then she used to in Seasons 1 and 2 often as well.

I also thought that the show offered an interesting comment on Jack's relationship choices that fit better with the Jack in Who than I previously thought.

I wish "Kira" had gotten to stay longer, but I appreciated the roles all of the characters are playing. I also appreciate that the show didn't lapse into cliche when Oswald "wanted a woman" or when he attacked Julie.

After Episode 7, I had a low bar and had lost much of my excitement for Miracle Day, but this episode restored it and made me look forward to the final episodes. I'm holding out hope for this season of Torchwood.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Enjoyed this episode. I wonder why Angelo died? Could the miracle possibly be reversing itself?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
        Good. An episode capable of restoring my faith in Torchwood (but my faith in the show can be shakey at times).

I appreciated making use of Episode 7's massive levels of exposition. Gwen annoyed me tonight, but then she used to in Seasons 1 and 2 often as well.

I also thought that the show offered an interesting comment on Jack's relationship choices that fit better with the Jack in Who than I previously thought.

I wish "Kira" had gotten to stay longer, but I appreciated the roles all of the characters are playing. I also appreciate that the show didn't lapse into cliche when Oswald "wanted a woman" or when he attacked Julie.

After Episode 7, I had a low bar and had lost much of my excitement for Miracle Day, but this episode restored it and made me look forward to the final episodes. I'm holding out hope for this season of Torchwood.
        Really good episode!

I personally felt ep 5 & 6 were a little dodgy, and 7 was good, but... this episode is back on form. Lot of INT world stuff, and some intriquing things being put forward. What I note that Torchwood is doing atm, is every episode we seem to have a new lead to the origin of the Miracle and we go 'ah so it was XXXX', and then half way through the next ep, that's proven totally wrong.

Certainly liking the link back to the Hub.

LtColCarter,

Angelo died because of the Null Field neutralsing the morphic field.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Found this one a bit boring tbh. Which, ironically, is still a step up from the abortion that was last week's episode.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post

I have to agree with all of these comments! Our pre-established characters seem to be getting back into their usual roles, which is comforting after how far off they've been for so long. Gwen annoyed me as well, but like you said, she annoyed me back in series 1/2, yet I still walked away from it liking her. There are some things I hated (her fiasco with Owen, for example), but I remember always coming away from an episode/the show liking her. And Torchwood would off and on make me feel like Jack was being OOC, but you're completely right when you said that he's going back to much of the Whoniverse Jack that we first loved

Definitely looking forward to the new episodes, where as a week ago I was only looking for this episode to get things back to normal/what I expect from this show.

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            Certainly liking the link back to the Hub.
            I loved it. It's the first real nod Miracle Day has had to the previous series. Thank GOODNESS they finally took the time to remember that the show had roots that most of the people who are currently watching it remember well.
            Call me Lucy!

Proud Teslen + River/Doctor + Janto + Peter/Olivia + Conby Shipper!

Sanctuary, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Fringe, Warehouse 13, and Primeval fangirl!

Please read my writing! Seeing what I had fun writing enjoyed by others is what makes my work worth it.
            ff.net||blog||figment

Comment

This episode seemed to go round in circles slowly for me! I guess we'll find out what's going on as far as the 'Miracle' is finally. I feel the same frustration with this as I did with what exactly the 'structure' was in SGU. I always felt it would never be explained as to what it really is, just something mysterious and inexplicable that will always be there despite the best efforts of all to find out about it!

Comment

It's only ten episodes long, I'm pretty sure you'll get your answer in the last two episodes.

Comment

i think angelo died because jack kissed him. jack is some kind of typhoid mary in that he has and can deliver the 'kiss of death', likely some bacteria that he's always had either from the past or future and it's the counteragent to whatever made people immortal.

i think that's why 'kira' went on and on about all the research into immortality and the jellyfish and stuff.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It was nice to hear that someone had been digging up some of the lost alien/Torchwood tech in Cardiff, even if it was the bad guys!

As a whole, I enjoyed the episode, but I can't help but feeling that the purpose of all these middle episodes is to keep the budget down. I'm pretty sure that the last 90 minutes of the series is going to blow our socks off. I just wish that they could of done a better job of hanging on to the audience after Ep5. I really like Torchwood but I'm afraid it's going to be a long time before we see anymore after this series concludes.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                      It's only ten episodes long, I'm pretty sure you'll get your answer in the last two episodes.
                      More likely we will get the ten minutes wrap, where Jack will defeat who ever behind this in exactly ten minutes like he did last season, with some mumbo jumbo, pulling out a cable or two or just sticking a bullet in there brains. Like the Doctor regularly did under Russell reign.
                      Last edited by knowles2; 29 August 2011, 05:09 AM.

Comment

^^ Yup, that's what I'm afraid of too.

Comment

I enjoyed this week, seems like the final two episodes are going to be pretty exciting. I think this whole series might have been a little better if it were 8 episodes long instead of 10 as the "middle" of the season has had quite a bit of unnecessary time, but I'm enjoying it.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          i think angelo died because jack kissed him. jack is some kind of typhoid mary in that he has and can deliver the 'kiss of death', likely some bacteria that he's always had either from the past or future and it's the counteragent to whatever made people immortal.
                          My thoughts exactly, I think Jack realized it as well when you looked at his face.
                          sigpic

Comment

I still don't know what to make with this all, but I'll stay untill the end, I want to know what's behind it, and then I can complain about it or be happy with it
                            sigpic

Comment

Am I missing something? Cause I thought the Alien tech was blocking whatever was causing the Miracle is what kilded Angelo
                              "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Working...
                              X