Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Escape to L.A. (404)

Visit the Episode GuideTORCHWOOD: MIRACLE DAY
    ESCAPE TO L.A.
    EPISODE NUMBER - 404

Torchwood goes to Los Angeles to attempt a risky operation inside PhiCorp's headquarters, unaware that someone is watching them. A U.S. politician launches a campaign arguing that those who should be dead should be treated as dead, and the government sets up a facility to shut in the diseased.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; August 4th, 2011 at 02:19 PM.

Default Re: Escape to L.A. (404)

Well, the trailers certainly deceived us, making that new movement look all important. Still, big developments. Now we know they're building to something, and this enigmatic reference to Jack. It seems like whoever's behind this wants a buildup of patients, draining resources and such.

Now we're finally getting somewhere....can't wait to hear more about the orchestrators of all this and what their endgame is!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Thought it was another excellent episode. Seems like we're moving forward with this one. I like how Oswald took the spot light off of that senator (I think she was a senator).

Unless I missed something, I don't think she held any office. I think she was just a loudmouth.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Liked it very much. It seems to have to do something with Jack. And the voice in the car with the woman in the press said something like 'We are everywhere!'

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Unless I missed something, I don't think she held any office. I think she was just a loudmouth.
    I thought she was some sort of politician.

She wasn't a politician, just a mother with charisma.

Pining for more Haven, Grimm, and Continuum

Actually, the episode says the women in the car at the end, is a small town mayor trying to make a name for herself.

Overall, the episode was fantastic; I never expected Torchwood to produce a 4/4 run of fabulousness. I want to know when this season will be on DVD. It's a must have.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Quote Originally Posted by MasySyma View Post
    Actually, the episode says the women in the car at the end, is a small town mayor trying to make a name for herself.

Overall, the episode was fantastic; I never expected Torchwood to produce a 4/4 run of fabulousness. I want to know when this season will be on DVD. It's a must have.
    So, she is a politician...just not as high up on the political ladder as I though.

Great ep, but I think is a prime example of the Americanisation of the series. The first few clips with the assasin in the car trailing Esther were filmed in an extremely American, almost CIS, kinda way...

It might not be noticable to US viewers, but certainly I feel it is to British viewers.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

IDK...I just think people are looking for reasons to complain. Besides...after this season there may not be a reason to complain.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

I'm trying to figure out their endgame. Unless it's aliens trying to make an inexhaustable food source or something....basically teh planet will get to the point that there are so many people they'll starve but they won't die so they can't die...there was this classic trek episode where an alien girl was sent to consort with Capt Kirk because he'd once had a virus and it was her job to bring the virus back to her planet so people could die because the planet was literally standing room only.

They must need one hell of a virus to go through all the trouble of rendering people immortal to breed disease. Hope they're patient.

(Moderator)

either that or they want 100% of the world needing to buy death
    or it's an unfortunate side effect to whatever they're doing to kill jack

(Moderator)

I can understand rex's frustration with what's her name keeping her cell phone and checking on the kids - and what the heck did she think was going to happen beyond them going into 'foster care' (anyone not think they're being held hostage????) but seriously, his temper tantrum in the middle of the op is worse than her distraction with the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    IDK...I just think people are looking for reasons to complain. Besides...after this season there may not be a reason to complain.
    *sigh*

I'm NOT complaining. I am very much enjoying it. Not as good as CoE, but certainly amongst Torchwood's best.

However, I seriously believe that there are American filming styles creeping in, it's to be expected when you're using American crews. The initial scene was one of the most painfully obvious ones, indeed, particularly the later scenes involving the triangle and the disembodied voice...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

Thoroughly enjoying this show. Seeing all the consequences of no one dying, the shift in moral attitudes, abandoning people who should be dead in the same way lepers were banished to colonies, out of sight out of mind!! The worst was that woman being crushed in the car, you just knew that the eyeball would still be left blinking away inside there!

I'm just dying to know who's behind all this and what poor Jack is going to have to face. It's quite horrible to think when it's all over and things go back to how it should be, what will happen when all the people who should have died over the period of time during the miracle, all die suddenly at once! Won't be sad to see Oswald die painfully, isn't he a wonderfully creepy character?! A great villain, elicits sympathy on occasion, but we are never allowed to forget what he really is!

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

I thought this was another really good episode. I am definitely enjoying this season thus far.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    I thought this was another really good episode. I am definitely enjoying this season thus far.
    As am I!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast