Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill and Gary's Excellent Adventure (106)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill and Gary's Excellent Adventure (106)

Visit the Episode GuideALPHAS SEASON ONE
    BILL AND GARY'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 106

Bill and Gary are called upon to help find a kidnapped college girl, which Bill hopes might help him get back into the F.B.I. Cameron and Nina make a personal connection.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 17 March 2012, 03:26 PM.

Great episode this week. I like the humor into this serious case. Fun to see SGU's Alaina Huffman too.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

this episode had a lot of great humor. i love the end with him teaching gary to drive lol. and of course the awesome scene with hicks avoiding bullets.
      sigpic

Comment

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!
        Especially the scenes featuring Gary. His chemistry with each of his teammates is fascinating!
        Some soft script spots...SPOILERS

I was less than impressed with the opening, especially the acting of those women, sheesh! Liked the Nina/Hicks relationship and the soft ending too. But Gary is awesome!

Comment

I loved Gary and Bill in this ep, they worked great together, and were funny too. I didn't like Bill that much when the series first started, but I'm liking him more and more as the season goes on.

It was nice seeing Alaina Huffman and Peter Wingfield(Tanith on SG-1) guest star in this ep, I really like both actors.
          sigpic

Comment

Totally Loved seeing Peter Wingfeild (James Watson Sanctuary) On this show! he looked amazing as always!

Gary and Bill were awesome in this episode and Bill teaching Gary to drive at the end of the eppy was hilarious!! lol!

Hicks and Nina making out on the couch was hawt! i loved the little touch that ina had Bill Murray's hat. lol! That was cute!
            sigpic

Comment

Enjoyed this episode a lot, nice to see Bill bonding with Gary and realising what a value this team is to him. Only thing is I don't see why he lied to his wife at the end, why not tell her that he could have got back in but he discovered that he was happier where he is now and decided to stay.

Gary was brilliant in this episode, especially with his food and the driving part was brilliant.

Also it was a nice departure from the Alpha of the week storyline and nice to see how valuable this team could be if they were applied to situations like this and not just sent to chase rogue Alpha's down.
              sigpic

Comment

Never , never lie to your wife
                shame on Bill
                Loved Gary in this, he is my favorite character .
                It wasn't hard to realize who the kidnapper really was, that was predictable.
                Loved seeing (Tanith {SG1} /Methos{Highlander} ) again .
                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

Dear wife, by the way, i'm a freak of nature and when i get mad I can break down doors

that's likely behind his keeping hte secret, because he's not quite ready to tell her what he is yet
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    Dear wife, by the way, i'm a freak of nature and when i get mad I can break down doors

that's likely behind his keeping hte secret, because he's not quite ready to tell her what he is yet
                    He didn't have to tell her about his ability just yet although in his situation my wife is the first person I would have told but hey. However I think he could have been more open about being offered the FBI position and turning it down because he was happy, It would have been nice for his wife to know he chose the team rather than having no other option.
                    sigpic

Comment

Did the episode have some humour? Yes.

Were some predictable connections made (Nina/Hicks)? Yes. This will play out over several episodes and then there will be a reason for one or both of them to question the relationship.

I was pleased that it wasn't *another* "Alpha of the week" type of episode.

However...

A Bill and Gary bonding episode? No. Rather, this was another episode about the team being careless with each other's well-being, in this case Gary.

1.) Gary is without a full time minder. In a normal circumstance, this would likely not be necessary and he could function well. During ops, the team has to have one of their members keep an eye on Gary, which limits their overall effectiveness and flexibility of movement. We saw Rachel being called to Bill's location, but she couldn't go unless Gary could be convinced to accompany her or abandon him (as she did, as did Nina in "Rosetta").

What if a team member is assigned to watch Gary and they chose not to leave him and someone dies as a result of that inaction? What if that team member does abandon him and something (more than getting arrested) happens to Gary? I'm surprised that he is let out into the field without someone else being around.

2.) Bill was NOT bonding with Gary. Bill was USING Gary. Bill endangered Gary more than once, and we're supposed to think well of him? The guy is a selfish jerk. He is a danger to the rest of the team and I'm not convinced that he is showing signs of improvement. He keeps calling himself a "professional" and yet he seems to be the one who endangers the team more often than not.

Even the end of the episode was an example of poor judgement on his part. Yes, Bill is showing Gary how to drive. Why is he doing this on a city street? Why wouldn't he find a quieter place to give Gary his first taste of driving? And if things went well, they could then upgrade to heavier traffic situations. Putting him behind the wheel in the situation they were in was bad judgement.

regards,
                      G.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

Pretty good episode
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                          Did the episode have some humour? Yes.

Were some predictable connections made (Nina/Hicks)? Yes. This will play out over several episodes and then there will be a reason for one or both of them to question the relationship.

I was pleased that it wasn't *another* "Alpha of the week" type of episode.

However...

A Bill and Gary bonding episode? No. Rather, this was another episode about the team being careless with each other's well-being, in this case Gary.

1.) Gary is without a full time minder. In a normal circumstance, this would likely not be necessary and he could function well. During ops, the team has to have one of their members keep an eye on Gary, which limits their overall effectiveness and flexibility of movement. We saw Rachel being called to Bill's location, but she couldn't go unless Gary could be convinced to accompany her or abandon him (as she did, as did Nina in "Rosetta").

What if a team member is assigned to watch Gary and they chose not to leave him and someone dies as a result of that inaction? What if that team member does abandon him and something (more than getting arrested) happens to Gary? I'm surprised that he is let out into the field without someone else being around.

2.) Bill was NOT bonding with Gary. Bill was USING Gary. Bill endangered Gary more than once, and we're supposed to think well of him? The guy is a selfish jerk. He is a danger to the rest of the team and I'm not convinced that he is showing signs of improvement. He keeps calling himself a "professional" and yet he seems to be the one who endangers the team more often than not.

Even the end of the episode was an example of poor judgement on his part. Yes, Bill is showing Gary how to drive. Why is he doing this on a city street? Why wouldn't he find a quieter place to give Gary his first taste of driving? And if things went well, they could then upgrade to heavier traffic situations. Putting him behind the wheel in the situation they were in was bad judgement.

regards,
                          G.
                          Surely it should be Rosen who is keeping an eye on Gary as he is not really needed on the ops except to coordinate the team and give instructions, therefore he could stay with Gary at all times and make sure nothing happens to him.

As for Bill using Gary, I agree that he was but I also believe that he ended up bonding more with Gary as a result of this, I'm not too keen on Bill either but he seems to have come to the realisation that he is happy with the team now so he may be less harsh on them in the future and more of a team player.

And the ending was typical scene from any tv show where someone learns to drive, I don't think you can make generalisations about Bill's character from that one scene.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                            Surely it should be Rosen who is keeping an eye on Gary as he is not really needed on the ops except to coordinate the team and give instructions, therefore he could stay with Gary at all times and make sure nothing happens to him.

As for Bill using Gary, I agree that he was but I also believe that he ended up bonding more with Gary as a result of this, I'm not too keen on Bill either but he seems to have come to the realisation that he is happy with the team now so he may be less harsh on them in the future and more of a team player.

And the ending was a typical scene from any tv show where someone learns to drive, I don't think you can make generalisations about Bill's character from that one scene.
                            Yes, Rosen is the logical choice to be the guy keeping an eye on Gary. This being said, where was he in "Rosetta"? He pawned off the responsibility to Nina. Where was he during the op in the beginning of this episode? I didn't see him around anywhere. We saw him on the phone apologizing to Sandra Bell after Gary had been arrested. Where was he when Gary almost got his butt kicked in "Never Let Me Go"? Gary keeps getting passed around to different team members and they keep endangering him.

I think that Rosen will not be able to be in the field with Gary and do whatever management duties he has. I see this resolving in one of three ways: 1.) Gary is no longer a field operative; 2.) things are allowed to proceed as they have been and eventually something significant will happen to Gary (kidnapped by Red Flag or injured/almost killed in an op related incident, etc). This will result in his mother wanting to remove him from the program, guilt and trust issues developing amongst the team and other such things; 3.) a new body is brought in to mind Gary.

True, the final scene was typical scene from any tv show where someone learns to drive. This being said, it would have been a good starting point for one of the characters (other than Rosen) showing a sense of responsibility for Gary. They could have placed the scene in the neighborhood by Gary's house and still had the "BRAKE!!!!!!" moment. In city traffic there would be far more variables which Gary would have to contend than a quiet, suburban neighborhood. Heck, why didn't Bill just start him on an interstate? Gary could get the feel for the car in an easier location and then move on to city traffic.

regards,
                            G.
                            Last edited by Gollumpus; 21 August 2011, 04:40 PM.
                            Go for Marty...

Comment

Decent episode, liked that it didn't have another "Alpha of the week". Gary was great. Bill was ok. Hicks/Nina too predictable. Nina's background should be explored in way more detail, that story she shared is really interesting but they sort of just blew it off as secondary.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X