• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot (101)

Visit the Episode GuideALPHAS SEASON ONE
    PILOT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101

A clandestine team of operatives with extraordinary abilities find a Cameron Hicks, man with incredible aim and balance who has become the pawn of a man using powers of mental manipulation to turn him into an assassin.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 17 March 2012, 03:24 PM.

It was ok, the first 30 minutes was losing me but it got better and by the end I was interested. I'm unsure about it still, but I'm hopeful...
    sigpic

Comment

i liked it, its kind of like the 4400 meets human target, which i like. though somewhat predictable still held my interest.
      sigpic

Comment

I must say I really enjoyed the show. I hadn't seen any spoilers about it, so I came in without any preconceived ideas. I look forward to the next ep
        no means no, and so does pepper spray
        Sig by The Carpenter
        sigpic

Comment

It ended on an interesting note and I like the new guy so I'll stick around for another week but Pilot episodes are usually more gripping.

The electromagnetic kid was really annoying, the strong guy was kind of lame breaking down a door, breaking drywall and straining really hard to slide a car (unimpressive) and the team leaders old minivan...

Hypno girl was kinda cool, but not very creative but I liked her character. The new guy was cool shooting the gun and his fight scene plus we're already seeing his family which gives us an emotional connection. I'm interested in the bad guys...
          sigpic

Comment

Thought I'd give this a go. I agree, as a pilot it wasn't that interesting. The only character I could say I sort of liked was the Doctor, the Marc Bolan T.Rex fan with the vinyl record collection. Yeah! (showing my age there! )

I did get a bit bored with the predictable things each character did with their particular 'talent', it did remind me a bit of 'Heroes'. However, there is something quirky enough about it for me to continue to watch to see how the characters develop and the things they can do could surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
              It ended on an interesting note and I like the new guy so I'll stick around for another week but Pilot episodes are usually more gripping.

The electromagnetic kid was really annoying, the strong guy was kind of lame breaking down a door, breaking drywall and straining really hard to slide a car (unimpressive) and the team leaders old minivan...

Hypno girl was kinda cool, but not very creative but I liked her character. The new guy was cool shooting the gun and his fight scene plus we're already seeing his family which gives us an emotional connection. I'm interested in the bad guys...

Me too this show does show a lot of promise if they can keep up the tempo...
              The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

I enjoyed it and if the creators have the details mapped out, then I see long-term promise. Although there was nothing unique about the premise or the characters, I saw enough to want to continue watching.

IMO, the key to whether or not viewers continue to watch will be if we feel that the writers know where they're going with this show and don't leave things to chance the way the writers of Heroes, Lost and BSG did.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana

Comment

It thought was OK, but I felt the show kept treading on it's own suspense. Why show us how he killed the guy in the interrogation room instead of letting us find out as the characters do? They did the same thing with the guy in the hotel. It seems like a waste to not make the most of those revelations, and instead they make us sit through the tedium of waiting for the characters to work out something we already know. A lot of cliches toward the end too, and I'm not sure about the soundtrack either. Very light and watchable though, so I think it'll do well in that bloc with W13 and Eureka. Not sure I'll bother tuning in again though, not unless I hear really good things about it online anyway.

Comment

Let's see. Well, I'm not really a big fan of pilots, but on pilot standards, it was OK.
                    Most of the episode was boring. What kept me going was just the curiosity of what they can do or what can happen. I see potential, but I will have to wait for more episodes to be sure if it's worth going on.
                    I think the pest performance was that of the girl with enhanced senses, in addition to Gary.
                    Of course there is the hottie Nina. Maybe I'll keep watching this show.
                    I see this show as something similar to CSI:NY or maybe a cross-over between CSI:NY and the listener.
                    I don't really like the idea of those who do what they want without suffering consequences. I mean it does feel good, but it's not fair. They have to get some opposition some time (like Sanctuary for example) or I will lose interest in the show. Except for Nina. She can do whatever she wants.
                    Oh and the leader is so boring. I don't like him at all. Maybe my favorite characters are Nina and the one that recently joined them.
                    I think I'm gonna give it chance.

Something I didn't understand, maybe someone did. Are Alphas anyone with super powers? Or are the just the bad guys?
                    In other words, are alphas similar to abnormals of Sanctuary? I mean ones with powers. One who are different.
                    Last edited by Kilgharrah; 13 July 2011, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Alphas are anyone with enhanced abilities. Remember that conversation between the Dr. Rosen (the leader of the Alpha team) and Cameron (the new guy)? Rosen tried to convince Cameron that he was an Alpha and Cameron was very uncomfortable and disbelieving at first. That's why Rosen had Cameron attempt that coin move with the vending machine.

It seems like the group The Ghost was working for, Red Flag, uses Alphas for evil/questionable purposes.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana

Comment

It has potential, but nothing OTT thrilling. The ladies were predictably skinny and with the expected short skirts. the guys' pros and cons for their powers were, well future plot devices.

far from horrible and a decent way to kill an hour (time will tell if this or rizzoli and isles gets my monday night viewing)

the black man and his persistent attitude got on my nerves but I'll reserve total judgement until we see more because things in pilots change. Gary, yes, is very annoying. But he's supposed to be like that. and since it's an actor playing autistic, i bet it'll be toned down a bit as time goes on simply because it'll be too difficult to keep it up.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I just got around to watching this today, I thought it was pretty good, and I'm looking forward to more episodes. I found the characters interesting for the most part; but thought that the arguing between the autistic kid and the big guy was really, really annoying. The episode started off a bit slow, but I felt it picked up a bit later. One thing I kept wondering though, was if the series was purposefully based off the movie Push(but with a bit of a Warehouse13 vibe to it) Overall I like the series, and think it has potential, so I hope it does well enough to not get canceled.
                          sigpic

Comment

Interesting show. I'll look forward to future episodes. It's nice how the powers aren't 'superhero' level.

@skydiver: lol @ the skinny women in short skirts comment

constant thought while watching: that bad guy really looks like this fencing instructor I know...(but taller, I guess)
                            sigpic

Comment

the big guy arguing with Gary, yeah, got old too. I thought that his whole 'we should be doing real work' type of comments got really old really fast. His whole attitude was rather petulant at times.

Not gonna judge the whole show on that just yet. Things often change a lot from pilot to regular episode, but if i were the girls or the teacher i'd be smacking both of the guys and telling them to shut up. (gary can't help it, the other guy can)
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X