• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of Mites and Men (416)

EUREKA SEASON 4
    OF MITES AND MEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 416

Robotic bugs plague Global Dynamics, and Carter talks to Allison about her mental state. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 16 August 2011, 01:08 PM.

What was it, Stargate night tonight? Kavan, Salli, Ming, what's her face that played Novak, and what's his face from SGU. Wow!

Aside from that. I love how Allison needed to push back from everyone wanting to mollycoddle her. She's not that type at all! Enjoyed how they addressed the perception that Zane didn't respect Jo's intelligence in the previous timeline. I never quite bought into that.

Fargo and Co are so on their way to Titan - not Wil Wheaton though. He so failed to see the larger picture. People need to stop and deal with crises in the middle of their given tasks everyday and he so failed.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

yeah, his singular focus to waste time on a menial task instead of saving his crew's life kinda doomed him. (which was expected, they aren't going to keep a guest star around for so many episodes)

it did kinda touch on something I'd imagine would be a real issue if eureka was a real town....those with degrees 'proving' how smart they are looking down on those that might be just as smart, just not in the 'book learnin'' category.

intelligence is more than degrees and IQ points
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I forgot to mention:

Henry and Grace are getting married!! It's a first for Henry, right? I've always got a "bachelor" sort of vibe from him. Do we count the alternate - alternate timeline where he was married to Kim in S1? So confusing. Nice to see them work through those singlehood vs couplehood issues.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          What was it, Stargate night tonight? Kavan, Salli, Ming, what's her face that played Novak, and what's his face from SGU. Wow!
          i guess it was. nice to see those actors again. those bugs....mini replicators? since it was stargate nite.

Fargo and Co are so on their way to Titan - not Wil Wheaton though. He so failed to see the larger picture. People need to stop and deal with crises in the middle of their given tasks everyday and he so failed.
          Plus Wil ruined his chances w her. She now sees who the better person is.....Fargo.

OK episode.

Comment

I really liked this one. Good chemistry all around, and I love any episode that's Andy-heavy.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Thought I had seen the last of replicators. Seems I was wrong.
              Loved the scenes with Jo and the crew inside the test module, once again I could exercise my dislike for Wheaton's character
              no means no, and so does pepper spray
              Sig by The Carpenter
              sigpic

Comment

Well if you're including Salli, then you also need to include Niall (Zane), as he did SGA twice and the actor who plays Vincent (he did SGA as well). I love it when actors I recognise from other shows appear in other shows I enjoy.

I forgot to mention:

Henry and Grace are getting married!! It's a first for Henry, right? I've always got a "bachelor" sort of vibe from him. Do we count the alternate - alternate timeline where he was married to Kim in S1? So confusing. Nice to see them work through those singlehood vs couplehood issues.
                Yeah it is his first time, as his last relationship (Kim) was very much doomed as something always happened.

==

Overall a really enjoyable episode. Beverly ordered an upgrade to Andy when she took over as director of GD, so I was expecting to see if that would have any unexpected consequences this episode but it's possible it will happen towards season end. Hopefully it means something good for Kavan. I'm enjoying that the show has a story going on rather than some scientist of the week screwing up.

I am loving Wheaton. He fits all the characteristics of the standard scientist of the week, that one guy who screws everything up and for half the episode denies it's his work, but at the same time, he's not there because he's a friend of a main character, but his character works so well with Fargo and Holly. I'm also enjoying the relationship between Zane and Jo starting over again, as it's good to see them actually develop a relationship than jump into it during the prime timeline.

sigpic

Comment

Ok, I'll give you Vincent (even though I don't remember him on this ep) as he was on AoT briefly. But I really don't remember Niall (Zane) being in any episodes of Stargate. Which ones?
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't remember him either, but according to IMDb he played Lt Kemp in Tabula Rasa and BAMSR. I'm drawing a complete blank though - I would have thought I would have been all "oh look it's Zane" but nothing's ringing a bell.

And apparently Chris Gauthier (Vincent) was in the episode Trinity. I don't remember that either though (although I do remember his appearance in AoT). Maybe he was the scientist that got killed?
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I've got nothing for either of those.
                      sigpic

Comment

I remember Vincent in Trinity, but it's weird as I watched Ark recently and didn't remember him in it until someone mentioned it. As for Trinity, he was the guy who told Teyla that other Satedans had survived.

As for Zane, remember him in BAMSR as his team were killed by the Asurans when they attacked the planet he was on. If Killdeer (and IMDB) is right about him doing two episodes, I don't remember the other.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          As for Trinity, he was the guy who told Teyla that other Satedans had survived.
                          OK, I vaguely remember that now.....sorta.

As for Zane, remember him in BAMSR as his team were killed by the Asurans when they attacked the planet he was on.
                          OH yeah!!! Now I remember him - it was just a small part at the beginning right? Weird that I never connected him with Zane though.

If Killdeer (and IMDB) is right about him doing two episodes, I don't remember the other.
                          Well I'm just going off what IMDb says, and it says the same character was also in Tabula Rasa. I don't remember him in it though.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

he was a member of Lorne's team that was rounding up the people in Tabula Rosa

Comment

Loved it....love the mites
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X