• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queen For a Day (304)

Visit the Episode GuideWAREHOUSE 13 SEASON 3
    QUEEN FOR A DAY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 304

Pete's ex-wife arrives in town to remarry, but an artifact may derail the wedding; Steve and Claudia visit a Civil War reenactment in search of an artifact. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 16 August 2011, 01:45 PM.

Great episode loved claudia in the as the southern belle
    sigpic
    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Great to see Jeri Ryan - I'm a big fan. And Myka's swordfighting was pretty awesome too.

I think they've toned Pete down a bit this year. So far anyway. That's a good thing actually - I was getting a little annoyed with him last year. I don't mind a bit of goofiness, but I would like to be able to remember that he is not actually 12.

Had to laugh about the reenacting. I have a couple of college friends who are really into that....they're not kidding about taking it seriously.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

I think this had the potential to be very funny, it was funny but not very funny and I've thought about what's missing. I think it's because everyone is being so NICE! I mean Pete's ex is there for her fairytale wedding and the whole thing is sabotaged, the wedding photographs will need some airbrushing. If Amanda had been more outraged, more critical, Pete had looked like he was creating chaos in her life again and then they'd all come together to save the day at the end, I think it would have been a better programme. I also feel the pace of the Jinks/Claudia relationship is being rushed along and the bit with Artie's paternal eye at the end was a bit too sugary for a programme that generally manages those caring moments better, that goes for Myka's comment on the groom as well. It feels like they've picked up on the idea of family and we're being hit over the head with it. And we still don't know why Pete turned to alcohol, was it just because his wife was more driven? I can't really see why they did the ex-wife bit if it wasn't to give us a bit more insight than we got. It felt like they glossed over the cracks and nobody terribly minded anything. Best thing about it was Myka sword fighting. I think they should have saved the B plot for another day and gone harder with the A plot but I guess they want to settle Jinks into the Warehouse before they take off with the big bad and evil doings. If that's the case bring it on, I've had enough character development for now. If next week nobody terribly minds anything, considering the conclusion of the last series, I shall be wondering if Artie's become addicted to cough syrup and what's happened to my favourite programme. .... just seen trailers for next week, whole cast on full emote, all is forgiven, can't wait!
        Last edited by Magnecite; 02 August 2011, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          Had to laugh about the reenacting. I have a couple of college friends who are really into that....they're not kidding about taking it seriously.
          no kidding. it reminds me of the big bang theory episode where sheldon talks about going to the ren fest wearing authentic clothes...right down to 'borrowing' one of leonard's pillow cases to make his undergarment.

those reenactors can certainly be OTT in their enthusiasm and devotion to authenticity
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed the episode, it felt more like the Warehouse 13 I originally came to love. Sure the characters have changed a bit, but no HG, no southern FBI story arch, just an artifact - problems - solving them. Artie is such a teddy bear under that attempted gruff exterior, he's the Mama Hen!

I do agree Pete's X was a little too nice considering all that went wrong, but it's not that serious of a show to worry about the small stuff!
            sigpic

Comment

Being a huge military history buff, I loved the civil war stuff and Claudia as a Southern belle was just great.

I really liked Myka's sword fight. Looks like Joanne has a real knack for it.

I get Pete not wanting to talk about his ex-wife or his time while drunk. If you've changed that much there's no way you would ever want to expose your new friends to that side of you.

Just two little knit picks though, how long are they going to take unpacking Warehouse 2? That has played out in every episode so far. And could they have tried a little more to get the medals in the right order on the Marines' uniforms. I mean if I saw it right one guy had a medal that hasn't been awarded since the 1940's and the groom had a UN Medal at the top of his rack and international medals are always last.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                Being a huge military history buff, I loved the civil war stuff and Claudia as a Southern belle was just great.

I really liked Myka's sword fight. Looks like Joanne has a real knack for it.

I get Pete not wanting to talk about his ex-wife or his time while drunk. If you've changed that much there's no way you would ever want to expose your new friends to that side of you.

Just two little knit picks though, how long are they going to take unpacking Warehouse 2? That has played out in every episode so far. And could they have tried a little more to get the medals in the right order on the Marines' uniforms. I mean if I saw it right one guy had a medal that hasn't been awarded since the 1940's and the groom had a UN Medal at the top of his rack and international medals are always last.
                Did they mention before that Myka's character knew fencing?

Well, it is an entire Warehouse.

I thought the episode as a whole was endearing. It was a giant "Awwwwwwwwwww."
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                  Did they mention before that Myka's character knew fencing?

Well, it is an entire Warehouse.

I thought the episode as a whole was endearing. It was a giant "Awwwwwwwwwww."
                  That's right she said something about fencing lessons when they snagged Excalibur.

While it is an entire warehouse, it's still just the second one. How much stuff could they have snagged, bagged and tagged in that short amount of time?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    That's right she said something about fencing lessons when they snagged Excalibur.

While it is an entire warehouse, it's still just the second one. How much stuff could they have snagged, bagged and tagged in that short amount of time?
                    "The beginning of a golden age, Warehouse 2 flourished under the Ptolemic Rulers, acquiring many Egyptian artifacts, including the skin from the asp that killed Cleopatra. It was under these first rulers that the Warehouse established its own system of rule and control, and a group of people from all walks of life was appointed to oversee it - The Regents. The Regents were the first actual "agents" of the Warehouse, and its first collectors of artifacts. Its residence in Egypt lasted until the suicide of Cleopatra, and the conquest of Egypt by Caesar and Rome."

From SyFy dot com. They also state that Warehouse 2 was in operation from 323 BC to 30 BC. That's a fair amount of time.
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I'm chuckling at the thought of the ages of myth and legend being packed up in a shoe box. Last time I moved I took the equivalent of Warehouse 2 to the dump and that's stuff I wasn't keeping. Now I have frightening cupboards.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                        "The beginning of a golden age, Warehouse 2 flourished under the Ptolemic Rulers, acquiring many Egyptian artifacts, including the skin from the asp that killed Cleopatra. It was under these first rulers that the Warehouse established its own system of rule and control, and a group of people from all walks of life was appointed to oversee it - The Regents. The Regents were the first actual "agents" of the Warehouse, and its first collectors of artifacts. Its residence in Egypt lasted until the suicide of Cleopatra, and the conquest of Egypt by Caesar and Rome."

From SyFy dot com. They also state that Warehouse 2 was in operation from 323 BC to 30 BC. That's a fair amount of time.
                        *Makes mental note to check history of the warehouse on Syfy.com before ranting again.*

Comment

I really liked this episode. it was a little but I liked the moments of Pete's insecurities. There were just some small bits, but you can see the actor behind Pete, if that makes sense. Eddie has a great acting range and I really hope there is an episode where we get to see more angsty or angry Pete.

Myka's fencing is awesome! And it was great to see more Jinx-Finally!

My reviews have been a lot longer recently, and even though I really liked this episode I don't have a lot to say about it.
                          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*
                          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            no kidding. it reminds me of the big bang theory episode where sheldon talks about going to the ren fest wearing authentic clothes...right down to 'borrowing' one of leonard's pillow cases to make his undergarment.

those reenactors can certainly be OTT in their enthusiasm and devotion to authenticity
                            As long as they don't use real musketts lol

though I like Claudia as the southern belle, but didn't she remind you a little of that butterfinger commercial with those two girls and one gets electrocuted for trying to take her butterfinger snackers , it was very similar to that
                            sigpic
                            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
                              I think this had the potential to be very funny, it was funny but not very funny and I've thought about what's missing. I think it's because everyone is being so NICE! I mean Pete's ex is there for her fairytale wedding and the whole thing is sabotaged, the wedding photographs will need some airbrushing. If Amanda had been more outraged, more critical, Pete had looked like he was creating chaos in her life again and then they'd all come together to save the day at the end, I think it would have been a better programme. I also feel the pace of the Jinks/Claudia relationship is being rushed along and the bit with Artie's paternal eye at the end was a bit too sugary for a programme that generally manages those caring moments better, that goes for Myka's comment on the groom as well. It feels like they've picked up on the idea of family and we're being hit over the head with it. And we still don't know why Pete turned to alcohol, was it just because his wife was more driven? I can't really see why they did the ex-wife bit if it wasn't to give us a bit more insight than we got. It felt like they glossed over the cracks and nobody terribly minded anything. Best thing about it was Myka sword fighting. I think they should have saved the B plot for another day and gone harder with the A plot but I guess they want to settle Jinks into the Warehouse before they take off with the big bad and evil doings. If that's the case bring it on, I've had enough character development for now. If next week nobody terribly minds anything, considering the conclusion of the last series, I shall be wondering if Artie's become addicted to cough syrup and what's happened to my favourite programme. .... just seen trailers for next week, whole cast on full emote, all is forgiven, can't wait!
                              they talk about Petes family in the last episode perhaps the problems with his father dying and getting divorced could possibly be the problem and also I like the fact they are family and getting close it's a hard job and very different than what they use to do.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X