Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1
    Site Admin GateWorld's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,142

    Post Queen For a Day (304)

    Visit the Episode GuideWAREHOUSE 13 SEASON 3
    QUEEN FOR A DAY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 304

    Pete's ex-wife arrives in town to remarry, but an artifact may derail the wedding; Steve and Claudia visit a Civil War reenactment in search of an artifact. (TV Guide)

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; August 16th, 2011 at 02:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Lieutenant Colonel MIZA's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arizona ,USA than District 12
    Posts
    3,358

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    Great episode loved claudia in the as the southern belle

    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

  3. #3
    Colonel Killdeer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,977

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    Great to see Jeri Ryan - I'm a big fan. And Myka's swordfighting was pretty awesome too.

    I think they've toned Pete down a bit this year. So far anyway. That's a good thing actually - I was getting a little annoyed with him last year. I don't mind a bit of goofiness, but I would like to be able to remember that he is not actually 12.

    Had to laugh about the reenacting. I have a couple of college friends who are really into that....they're not kidding about taking it seriously.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles

  4. #4
    Captain Magnecite's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,324

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    I think this had the potential to be very funny, it was funny but not very funny and I've thought about what's missing. I think it's because everyone is being so NICE! I mean Pete's ex is there for her fairytale wedding and the whole thing is sabotaged, the wedding photographs will need some airbrushing. If Amanda had been more outraged, more critical, Pete had looked like he was creating chaos in her life again and then they'd all come together to save the day at the end, I think it would have been a better programme. I also feel the pace of the Jinks/Claudia relationship is being rushed along and the bit with Artie's paternal eye at the end was a bit too sugary for a programme that generally manages those caring moments better, that goes for Myka's comment on the groom as well. It feels like they've picked up on the idea of family and we're being hit over the head with it. And we still don't know why Pete turned to alcohol, was it just because his wife was more driven? I can't really see why they did the ex-wife bit if it wasn't to give us a bit more insight than we got. It felt like they glossed over the cracks and nobody terribly minded anything. Best thing about it was Myka sword fighting. I think they should have saved the B plot for another day and gone harder with the A plot but I guess they want to settle Jinks into the Warehouse before they take off with the big bad and evil doings. If that's the case bring it on, I've had enough character development for now. If next week nobody terribly minds anything, considering the conclusion of the last series, I shall be wondering if Artie's become addicted to cough syrup and what's happened to my favourite programme. .... just seen trailers for next week, whole cast on full emote, all is forgiven, can't wait!
    Last edited by Magnecite; August 2nd, 2011 at 02:32 PM.

  5. #5
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,912

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    Quote Originally Posted by Killdeer View Post
    Had to laugh about the reenacting. I have a couple of college friends who are really into that....they're not kidding about taking it seriously.
    no kidding. it reminds me of the big bang theory episode where sheldon talks about going to the ren fest wearing authentic clothes...right down to 'borrowing' one of leonard's pillow cases to make his undergarment.

    those reenactors can certainly be OTT in their enthusiasm and devotion to authenticity

  6. #6
    Colonel Spimman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chasing 8 little feet
    Posts
    6,864

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    I enjoyed the episode, it felt more like the Warehouse 13 I originally came to love. Sure the characters have changed a bit, but no HG, no southern FBI story arch, just an artifact - problems - solving them. Artie is such a teddy bear under that attempted gruff exterior, he's the Mama Hen!

    I do agree Pete's X was a little too nice considering all that went wrong, but it's not that serious of a show to worry about the small stuff!
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

  7. #7
    Goalkeeper mandogater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Clan Skirata's redoubt
    Posts
    16,261

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    Being a huge military history buff, I loved the civil war stuff and Claudia as a Southern belle was just great.

    I really liked Myka's sword fight. Looks like Joanne has a real knack for it.

    I get Pete not wanting to talk about his ex-wife or his time while drunk. If you've changed that much there's no way you would ever want to expose your new friends to that side of you.

    Just two little knit picks though, how long are they going to take unpacking Warehouse 2? That has played out in every episode so far. And could they have tried a little more to get the medals in the right order on the Marines' uniforms. I mean if I saw it right one guy had a medal that hasn't been awarded since the 1940's and the groom had a UN Medal at the top of his rack and international medals are always last.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

    Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

  8. #8
    Lieutenant Colonel lordofseas's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near a wine bottle...
    Posts
    4,752

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    Quote Originally Posted by mandogater View Post
    Being a huge military history buff, I loved the civil war stuff and Claudia as a Southern belle was just great.

    I really liked Myka's sword fight. Looks like Joanne has a real knack for it.

    I get Pete not wanting to talk about his ex-wife or his time while drunk. If you've changed that much there's no way you would ever want to expose your new friends to that side of you.

    Just two little knit picks though, how long are they going to take unpacking Warehouse 2? That has played out in every episode so far. And could they have tried a little more to get the medals in the right order on the Marines' uniforms. I mean if I saw it right one guy had a medal that hasn't been awarded since the 1940's and the groom had a UN Medal at the top of his rack and international medals are always last.
    Did they mention before that Myka's character knew fencing?

    Well, it is an entire Warehouse.

    I thought the episode as a whole was endearing. It was a giant "Awwwwwwwwwww."
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.


    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

  9. #9
    Goalkeeper mandogater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Clan Skirata's redoubt
    Posts
    16,261

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    Quote Originally Posted by lordofseas View Post
    Did they mention before that Myka's character knew fencing?

    Well, it is an entire Warehouse.

    I thought the episode as a whole was endearing. It was a giant "Awwwwwwwwwww."
    That's right she said something about fencing lessons when they snagged Excalibur.

    While it is an entire warehouse, it's still just the second one. How much stuff could they have snagged, bagged and tagged in that short amount of time?
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

    Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

  10. #10
    Lieutenant Colonel lordofseas's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near a wine bottle...
    Posts
    4,752

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    Quote Originally Posted by mandogater View Post
    That's right she said something about fencing lessons when they snagged Excalibur.

    While it is an entire warehouse, it's still just the second one. How much stuff could they have snagged, bagged and tagged in that short amount of time?
    "The beginning of a golden age, Warehouse 2 flourished under the Ptolemic Rulers, acquiring many Egyptian artifacts, including the skin from the asp that killed Cleopatra. It was under these first rulers that the Warehouse established its own system of rule and control, and a group of people from all walks of life was appointed to oversee it - The Regents. The Regents were the first actual "agents" of the Warehouse, and its first collectors of artifacts. Its residence in Egypt lasted until the suicide of Cleopatra, and the conquest of Egypt by Caesar and Rome."

    From SyFy dot com. They also state that Warehouse 2 was in operation from 323 BC to 30 BC. That's a fair amount of time.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.


    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

  11. #11
    Captain Magnecite's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,324

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    I'm chuckling at the thought of the ages of myth and legend being packed up in a shoe box. Last time I moved I took the equivalent of Warehouse 2 to the dump and that's stuff I wasn't keeping. Now I have frightening cupboards.

  12. #12
    Goalkeeper mandogater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Clan Skirata's redoubt
    Posts
    16,261

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    Quote Originally Posted by lordofseas View Post
    "The beginning of a golden age, Warehouse 2 flourished under the Ptolemic Rulers, acquiring many Egyptian artifacts, including the skin from the asp that killed Cleopatra. It was under these first rulers that the Warehouse established its own system of rule and control, and a group of people from all walks of life was appointed to oversee it - The Regents. The Regents were the first actual "agents" of the Warehouse, and its first collectors of artifacts. Its residence in Egypt lasted until the suicide of Cleopatra, and the conquest of Egypt by Caesar and Rome."

    From SyFy dot com. They also state that Warehouse 2 was in operation from 323 BC to 30 BC. That's a fair amount of time.
    *Makes mental note to check history of the warehouse on Syfy.com before ranting again.*
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

    Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

  13. #13
    Teen Wolf rosey_angel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Location
    where the dogs of society howl
    Posts
    7,910

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    I really liked this episode. it was a little but I liked the moments of Pete's insecurities. There were just some small bits, but you can see the actor behind Pete, if that makes sense. Eddie has a great acting range and I really hope there is an episode where we get to see more angsty or angry Pete.

    Myka's fencing is awesome! And it was great to see more Jinx-Finally!

    My reviews have been a lot longer recently, and even though I really liked this episode I don't have a lot to say about it.
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

  14. #14
    Lieutenant Colonel MIZA's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arizona ,USA than District 12
    Posts
    3,358

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    no kidding. it reminds me of the big bang theory episode where sheldon talks about going to the ren fest wearing authentic clothes...right down to 'borrowing' one of leonard's pillow cases to make his undergarment.


    those reenactors can certainly be OTT in their enthusiasm and devotion to authenticity
    As long as they don't use real musketts lol


    though I like Claudia as the southern belle, but didn't she remind you a little of that butterfinger commercial with those two girls and one gets electrocuted for trying to take her butterfinger snackers , it was very similar to that

    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

  15. #15
    Lieutenant Colonel MIZA's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arizona ,USA than District 12
    Posts
    3,358

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnecite View Post
    I think this had the potential to be very funny, it was funny but not very funny and I've thought about what's missing. I think it's because everyone is being so NICE! I mean Pete's ex is there for her fairytale wedding and the whole thing is sabotaged, the wedding photographs will need some airbrushing. If Amanda had been more outraged, more critical, Pete had looked like he was creating chaos in her life again and then they'd all come together to save the day at the end, I think it would have been a better programme. I also feel the pace of the Jinks/Claudia relationship is being rushed along and the bit with Artie's paternal eye at the end was a bit too sugary for a programme that generally manages those caring moments better, that goes for Myka's comment on the groom as well. It feels like they've picked up on the idea of family and we're being hit over the head with it. And we still don't know why Pete turned to alcohol, was it just because his wife was more driven? I can't really see why they did the ex-wife bit if it wasn't to give us a bit more insight than we got. It felt like they glossed over the cracks and nobody terribly minded anything. Best thing about it was Myka sword fighting. I think they should have saved the B plot for another day and gone harder with the A plot but I guess they want to settle Jinks into the Warehouse before they take off with the big bad and evil doings. If that's the case bring it on, I've had enough character development for now. If next week nobody terribly minds anything, considering the conclusion of the last series, I shall be wondering if Artie's become addicted to cough syrup and what's happened to my favourite programme. .... just seen trailers for next week, whole cast on full emote, all is forgiven, can't wait!
    they talk about Petes family in the last episode perhaps the problems with his father dying and getting divorced could possibly be the problem and also I like the fact they are family and getting close it's a hard job and very different than what they use to do.

    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

  16. #16
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,188

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    I loved it! It was good to see Jeri Ryan. I also liked getting to know more about Jinks.

  17. #17
    First Lieutenant IcarusAbides's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the CIC where else. (England really)
    Posts
    902

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    Loved this episode and this season so far, Warehouse never seems to disappoint. I like Jinks but at the moment Claudia and him are very much the B team, hopefully the teams will be mixed up at some point as I would love to see Claudia and Myka as a team.

  18. #18
    Colonel Spimman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chasing 8 little feet
    Posts
    6,864

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    Quote Originally Posted by MIZA View Post
    though I like Claudia as the southern belle, but didn't she remind you a little of that butterfinger commercial with those two girls and one gets electrocuted for trying to take her butterfinger snackers , it was very similar to that
    I can totally see that
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

  19. #19
    Colonel Killdeer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,977

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    Quote Originally Posted by IcarusAbides View Post
    Loved this episode and this season so far, Warehouse never seems to disappoint. I like Jinks but at the moment Claudia and him are very much the B team, hopefully the teams will be mixed up at some point as I would love to see Claudia and Myka as a team.
    I'd like to see them mix it up a bit myself. I enjoy Pete and Myka, and Claudia and Pete seem to be making a good team, but a little variety would be interesting. Maybe they will though - we still have eight episodes to go.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles

  20. #20
    Lieutenant Colonel MIZA's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arizona ,USA than District 12
    Posts
    3,358

    Default Re: Queen For a Day (304)

    Quote Originally Posted by IcarusAbides View Post
    Loved this episode and this season so far, Warehouse never seems to disappoint. I like Jinks but at the moment Claudia and him are very much the B team, hopefully the teams will be mixed up at some point as I would love to see Claudia and Myka as a team.

    I also kind of thought for a second that Jinks was going to tell Claudia he isn't Gay and that he was attracted to her , but just for a second though

    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. The Borg Queen
    By Snowman37 in forum Star Trek
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: June 19th, 2011, 03:14 AM
  2. The Queen
    By Holy Hannah! in forum The Queen
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 14th, 2011, 01:38 PM
  3. Replicator Queen.
    By ~Dave in forum Stargate: The Ark of Truth
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: May 20th, 2008, 09:41 AM
  4. Queen Goa'uld
    By Icedragon in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: May 28th, 2007, 04:07 AM
  5. wraith queen how come she was okay
    By jsw in forum Atlantis Season 3
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: July 20th, 2006, 03:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •