• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love Sick (303)

Visit the Episode GuideWAREHOUSE 13 SEASON 3
    LOVE SICK
    EPISODE NUMBER - 303

Dr. Vanessa Calder (Lindsay Wagner) reunites with Artie for a case that requires some help from Calder's ex-flame; a mystery lands Pete and Myka in bed while Steve is missing. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 16 August 2011, 01:45 PM.

I found this one kinda fun. Some great lines that I literally laughed out loud over. I didn't quite get why we got into all the hazing and myka's hair going blond, but the artie and claudia angle was good.

the way they minimize pete and myka and emphasize claudia it almost makes me wonder if they're tweaking the casting or something. or maybe just liking changing things up iwth the 'stay at home' person going on missions while the field agents 'stay at home', so to speak.

We had Rene Auberjonis and next week Jeri Ryan...trek old home week on Warehouse 13 I guess.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The two gay references had me on the floor laughing. I also liked how they included the Golem into it. A great episode, I think one of their better ones.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I loved this ep, as I have all of them. But like Sky, I am concerned about the change in focus from Myka and Pete. I'm not a big Claudia fan and she seems to be taking over
        I also worry about the need for two different srong stories going on at the same time. Seemed a bit disjointed with the jumping back and forth.
        no means no, and so does pepper spray
        Sig by The Carpenter
        sigpic

Comment

Re: Skydivers comments, A and B stories are not uncommon for Warehouse 13. Someone's trying very hard to establish Myka and Pete as buddies, I don't see them as brother and sister, he's too interested in her teetons for that! But as far as a relationship goes, it would be Pete volunteering for Nanny. And not Nanny Whip that would be HG who it seems prefers ... well, not Pete. 'Love sick' was amusing but forgettable.

Anyway, can't wait for HG to come back to establish the emotional angst. Despite Comic Con and Eddie's tweet pic, I think what they've done on WH13 is establish an emotional relationship between HG and Myka that is not the usual cheesy, gratuitous lesbian kiss done for anorak boys. If that had been advertised I would have avoided the series, not because I'm a homophobe but because I actually see that sort of stuff as crass and you don't ever see the guys doing it. I hope if they actually do further the relationship it's done as well as the stuff they've done so far. One amusing note, it's also a bit of a laugh that the only one who appreciates Pete's body building, according to Pete, is Jinks. At this point I have to declare my colours and say that one of the most attractive men in science fiction is Captain Jack, Torchwood (love him). If Jaime Murray does get the gig in the new show, I think Torchwood actually shows what can be done with sexual boundaries and still remain hot to others of various preferences. Ooh, crossover, that would be fun! HG meets Captain Jack, drools. That would take cool to a new dimension. Jack could be in his WW2 retro look and HG with her steampunk Victoriana ... woof! Captain Jack and HG paddle both sides of the pond, so why not!
          Last edited by Magnecite; 26 July 2011, 02:06 PM.

Comment

That was the secound time that Pete took his shirt off in this Season. I always knew he was buff, but never that ripped. Plus, him apreciating Gay apreciation was so fun to watch, I never saw a Straight guy do that in front of a Gay and Jinks reacted just like I do every time something like that happens. XD
            Sorry for drooling over the Forum.

It was a great Episode and I like the new Dynamic. Once Jinks is ready for action he will be a great Partner for Claudia and she really deserves some action. I think she always came short while I like her Character very much. She is just the whole fun package, alot of craziness topped with some sarcasm and sprinkeld with a cute smile.

Artie is a bit old and he knows Artefacts better than anyone else, it is just more intelligent for him to stay at the Warehouse and that way the other Woman whos name I dont remember working there wont be so alone and finally get some Spotlight again too.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

This was a good episode. Had me laughing most of the time. Myka knowing she would want to find out why her and Pete were naked in bed together to find Jinxs was excellent. The parts with Artie made me go "Awww!" when he thought Doctor Calder and the other old man whose name escapes me right now where going to get back together.

Comment

I'll be the first to say, I loved BOTH plotlines in this episode.

Plot A - artifact computer virus

Opening this up with Artie chasing after his Doctor lady friend and Claudia finding an excuse to tag along was good, then seeing them handle it was fun. I like Claudia, but I tend to like her better with Artie because they have a sentimental father\son relationship that comes across as very genuine to me. Seeing Artie struggle to speak his feelings is something we can all relate to, and then throwing himself in front of the figurative bullet for love and coming out victorious was great. Claudia squealing and then running off was funny!

Plot B - Retracing Myka\Pete's night

Myka and Pete messing with Jinx then getting artifact drunk and really messing with him was great. The whole, let's retrace our footsteps and make sure we didn't do it thing was funny. I love Pete and him messing with Myka and Jinx both. I really to get the whole Pete seeing Myka as a friend, he's just the kind of guy that messes with everyone, as seen by him posing for Jinx...sooooo funny! This plotline didn't flow quite as well, but it was funny and enjoyable to watch.

Overall villain Arch

Ashley Williams was great as Victoria on "How I Met Your Mother" but I'm not really buying this redneck accent\look she is trying to pass. That isn't how Southerners talk, especially not educated FBI agents. It just comes off really fake and sours the whole plot line a little bit. That being said, I'm interested but generall I love the one-off episodes of W13!
                sigpic

Comment

I'm very interested to see where they go with the dirty FBI lady and her boss. Adding a computer hacker justs ampts up the possibilities for our mystery bad guy.

It was fun to watch Pete and Myka try to figure out what happened to them and try to find Jinks. And Jinks' reaction to Pete stripping for him was priceless. I almost fell off the couch laughing. My only complaint was I don't like Myka as a blond.

Artie and Claudia trying to find the computer virus artifact was a good case for them. Watching them both try to deal with finding out Hugo used to be envovled with Vanessa was fun. I could see Claudia hurting for Artie and could almost imagine her wheels turning trying to figure out a way to help him through it.

I actually liked the idea of switching it up and having Pete and Myka mind the store while Artie and Claudia go artifact hunting. Lord only knows what kind of trouble Pete's antics will cause in the warehouse. I think it would be easier to do character development story lines for them while they are not the center of the action. It also lets us see the wizard/apprentice relationship of Artie and Claudia in another setting.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    My only complaint was I don't like Myka as a blond.
                    She had to do some stupid thing with any artefact. That really was the most harmless I could imagine. Pete with the Toon Shoes was priceless. I so want that Brush!
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I would love the ink splot thing
                      no means no, and so does pepper spray
                      Sig by The Carpenter
                      sigpic

Comment

I thought Rene's character calling Artie a "bear" just made the episode.
                        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                          I loved this ep, as I have all of them. But like Sky, I am concerned about the change in focus from Myka and Pete. I'm not a big Claudia fan and she seems to be taking over
                          I also worry about the need for two different srong stories going on at the same time. Seemed a bit disjointed with the jumping back and forth.
                          Don't forget that the guy with the big thick eyebrows and the whole love triangle story was there too (thus the episode title). This was mainly an "Artie" story. Myka and Artie here wouldn't have worked very well considering the whole love thing with Dr. Vanessa. I just don't see Myka giving Artie dating advice, and Pete already did that with Artie last season. Jinks is too new, so the only logical choice (considering their relationship) would be Claudia. She would have ruined the B plot. Her and Pete just don't have the same thing as Myka and Pete.

And Pete with Jinks alone wouldn't have allowed for the same B plot either, it wouldn't be as funny.

I'm just saying that there is no substitution, if anything from past stuff TPTB said, they are centering on each set of characters each episode. Expect an actual Claudia episode or two later on, but this one was largely about Artie.

Also, does anyone here think that Leena was never meant to be a main character? But she was on the opening title the last two seasons and now, it's just Pete, Myka, Artie, and Claudia. Poopypants isn't even there. Not to mention a lack of a real opening title theme >.>

One more thing, I liked the B plot better to be honest. Myka and Pete are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad when they are under the influence of a drunkening artifact. Yes, I made up a word Oh, and when Pete found out that Poopypants is gay, priceless. I am guessing he regrets letting them know that

By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

WH13 has always done A & B plots. This time it happened to be Artie/Claudia off to save the day while Myka/Pete stayed behind and hazed Steve.

I thought it was a great ep. Really showed off Eddie & Joanne's comedic timing and they have it in spades. Loved all the Artie/Claudia/Hugo/Vanessa stuff too.
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I watched this when I got home today.

Pet Peeves
                              1: The Golem is a well known mythical entity that shouldn't have to be explained to a Warehouse 13 ex-agent.
                              2: Never explained why the kid was sending viruses to those women, or what effect the virus was intended to cause.
                              3. The shady 'FBI' agent seems like she's recruiting for The Avengers movie. SRSLY?

Liked
                              1. Artie blushing like a schoolgirl
                              2. The Golem backstory.
                              3. Bronzed Steve

Loved
                              1. Pete/Myka's Hangover story
                              2. Inkblot artifact
                              3. The toothbrush. Just LOL'd when it was first discovered.
                              4. Pete's non shameful stripping

Comment

Working...
                              X