No announcement yet.

The New Guy (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather liked the episode. Though it was a bit too fast for my taste, I can imagine that it would easily confuse new viewers. It was largely packed with information and high speed action.

I loved Pete in this episode, especially his comment about Abraham Lincoln's hat, that made me laugh out loud (not in the internet way, I actually burst into loud laughter). Claudia was great too, and I loved Artie's crash course in what the warehouse is (And Claudia's unofficial intro as well). The whole Wells thing was a tad freaky...
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

i don't know why but the guy in the shadow's was making me think MacPhereson. too much season one.
      sigpic

Comment

Liked the new guy--quirky, just as Warehouse employees should be. Loved how Pete told him "can't wait to work with you" and the new guy told him he was lying.

Never did see the end of the last season, but am catching up now. I really liked how the artifacts worked--interesting twist. Anyway, can't wait for more!
        sigpic
        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Very very happy with this episode and glad the way things turned out , I was worried for a moment there
          sigpic
          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Glad Myka's back, but like Lt. Colonel Carter wish that it had taken another episode or two to get her back for good.

Still, it was an interesting episode, I like Jinks and I think he'll fit in well. Looking forward to seeing what the season brings.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
              Glad Myka's back, but like Lt. Colonel Carter wish that it had taken another episode or two to get her back for good.

Still, it was an interesting episode, I like Jinks and I think he'll fit in well. Looking forward to seeing what the season brings.
              Woo-hoo! Glad someone agreed with me!

I think Jinks will be a good fit as well.
              sigpic

Comment

I don't mind the new guy. Be a nice pause from the UST and pointed looks between Myka and Pete
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DSG1 View Post
                  Fully agree!

In my humble opinion this was just a rehash of the pilot episode.
                  I noticed that too, and I liked it. We all know that the SyFy is getting new viewers all the time, but not many stick around for the long haul. This was a good and interesting way to introduce new viewers to the series but still making it interesting and quirky for those of us who have seen it before. For instance, newbies would have liked the way Claudia greets Steve but I remember that it's the same way Artie greeted Myka and Pete, even with the cookies!

And I liked your reivew even though you have a different opinion to me.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  Loved it! So glad to have the show back. I liked the new guy more than I thought I would. I was afraid of having a Jimmy Olsen type around, but this character seems very different (I did wonder why he couldn't tell there was something up with the evil FBI lady though). Loved Myka's "you are now officially a Warehouse agent" speech to Steve. And Pete was great - he can get in my nerves sometimes but I really liked him in this episode. And we even got to see HG Wells again!

There was a couple little things I wasn't quite so thrilled about. Wasn't a big fan of the "repressed sexual tension" line - I've been kinda hoping they'd stay away from a Myka/Pete thing. And they really do need to find something for Leena to do - it's getting ridiculous at this point.

But other than that, great episode - I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
                  I liked Steve, too. I have been an Ashmore bro's fan since Animorphs so many years ago, so I'm always interested in seeing any one of them in something new. Admitedly, I started off really wanting to like him but I love Myka so I was also on the fence as to whether I would. I'm glad the way he came in, asserting himself where he needed but also asking questions about the things that he didn't. It's very common for new characters to come in and showing off, but he only did that when he needed too. Plus, I loved the way he treated Artie and Claudia at the beginning; he knew they had a job to do so he let them do it! Most other law enforcement people in this series like to stand in their way but he let them go ahead and then asked questions. With that move alone he won a place in my heart.

I was a bit irked by ther sexual tension line, too, but that was a good way to get them to shut up and pay attention to him, so I liked it. Plus it was also a good way to let the Myka/Pete shippers out there (of which I am not one) know that they're not gonna have Steve try to hit on Myka.

Originally posted by KatG View Post

From what I've heard about the next episode via Warehouse 13 on FaceBook
                  Spoiler:
                  one of the regents is coming in next week to talk about this very fact. Quote from http://www.tvline.com/2011/07/wareho...r-adwin-kosan/ "After all, a gal who up and quits Warehouse duty can’t just show up and grab back her keys to the very, very well-kept secret." This seems to me that she is going to have to work for it.

I also think that Mrs Fredrik might know more than she's letting on... okay so yes we all know that she's knows more than she's telling, but she went very far to get Myka back into the Warehouse, didn't she? Maybe she knows that Myka will be needed sometime in the future...

All in all, I really liked this episode. I read a review that Artie and Claudia weren't going to have a big part in this ep and that review was right; they didn't have a big part but again they were there to introduce the Warehouse and themselves, as well as to let Pete, Steve, and Myka take control. Leena didn't have a lot to do like usual but personally I don't like her character a lot so I don't mind that she just stood there.

It was nice to see HG again, very sad that Myka can't touch her though *sad face*. But a good way to let us know that she's not gone and that the could bring her back later on. Whoever is the arch villain for this season knows about the Warehouse so they might have to bring HG back because of her past Warehouse work.

Oh, before I go: We finally saw the scarab!!!
                  "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                  "what?"
                  *throat punch*
                  My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                  LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Ah but is all well with her return? SPOILERS!!! DO NOT CLICKY THE LINK!!!

Myka's Return...
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                      Ah but is all well with her return? SPOILERS!!! DO NOT CLICKY THE LINK!!!

Myka's Return...
                      It will be interesting to see how that all goes.

As for the season premiere, I really enjoyed it. I really like the character of Jinks, and think he will fit in well with the team. I was surprised that Myka was back by the end of the episode though. I really thought it would take at least a few episodes to fully get her back.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        It will be interesting to see how that all goes.

As for the season premiere, I really enjoyed it. I really like the character of Jinks, and think he will fit in well with the team. I was surprised that Myka was back by the end of the episode though. I really thought it would take at least a few episodes to fully get her back.
                        Me too...I think it would've been a little better if she came back in episode 3 or so.
                        sigpic

Comment

I really liked this episode and all the call backs to the pilot. I kind of thought of it as a bit of an inside joke for all the returning fans.

Steve grew on me pretty quickly and I actually liked the repressed sexual tension line. I thought it was funny.

I'm also with everyone that said Myka's return should have been held back for an episode or two.

The bad guy in the shadows had me thinking of the leader of the group Spectre in the early James Bond movies for some reason.

My only real problem with the episode as why didn't Pete get a vide about the dirty FBI lady?
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            I really liked this episode and all the call backs to the pilot. I kind of thought of it as a bit of an inside joke for all the returning fans.

Steve grew on me pretty quickly and I actually liked the repressed sexual tension line. I thought it was funny.

I'm also with everyone that said Myka's return should have been held back for an episode or two.

The bad guy in the shadows had me thinking of the leader of the group Spectre in the early James Bond movies for some reason.

My only real problem with the episode as why didn't Pete get a vide about the dirty FBI lady?
                            Because she wasn't going to initially hurt him or his team. He only gets vibes about bad things, not people. When Jinks was about to open his death note, then he got the vibe.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Overall enjoyed the episode, didn't mind the pilot rehash or even the Prius placement. The characters feel like a comfortable old shoe. I think Jinks was brought in to refresh our wonder. I found him nice and unobjectionable and I can see him as Spock to Pete's Kirk. The only really disturbing bit was the HG/Myka reunion. Sad HG was back and is so different from the moustache twirling villain. Also Mrs Frederic's reassurance to Myka that she couldn't be hurt and no-one could makes me wonder how they've imprisoned her. If felt rather creepy, I could imagine her sedated and fed by tubes a la Matrix. They do need to give Leena something to do, it's almost as if they've forgotten to write her a character and the here today gone tomorrow special talents are so the plot doesn't end in five minutes. The evil new guy reminded me of a cartoon as did his sidekick with the laboured accent.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                                Because she wasn't going to initially hurt him or his team. He only gets vibes about bad things, not people. When Jinks was about to open his death note, then he got the vibe.
                                Thanks. *Makes mental note to pay more attention to Pete getting his vibes while watching Season 2 DVDs.*
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X