Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post The New Guy (301)

Visit the Episode GuideWAREHOUSE 13 SEASON 3
    THE NEW GUY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 301

A rock legend's guitar becomes a menace in Jersey City, N.J., and Artie and Claudia run into an ATF agent who has a knack for knowing when people are lying. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >

Default Re: The New Guy (301)

Loved this episode! So good to have W13(and Myka) back. And I liked the new guy from the moment he met Artie and Claudia.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

yeah, i like him too. it looks to be a good dynamic

Told you all Myka would be back by the end of the episode I liked how Jinks introduction mirrored Pete's from Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

It was really good. didn't think i'd like Jinks but i was wrong, he was pretty good.
    Really glad to see Myka back can't wait to see what the rest of the season holds.

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Myka saved this train wreck.

Great start to the season, loved it. Can't wait for more
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    Myka saved this train wreck.
    Fully agree!

In my humble opinion this was just a rehash of the pilot episode.

Speaking of, Not sure why they felt the need to steal bits from their own pilot episode and other bits and pieces from season 1 like the dark cloud from Breakdown ep except to stick Claudia in it because she was NOT in the pilot. This was boring. The storyline was flat, they could have done so more with the artifacts but once again, the artifacts are taking a backseat.

What a waste of Hendrix guitar that should have been a Pete artifact but once again, Claudia takes center stage. I can see where this season is going, same as the second, nowhere.

Let's see how long Myka will be in each episode? A total waste of HG Wells too.

New Guy has zero personality. The story should have focused more on Myka's return instead of
    trying to give Pete another new annoying girlfriend.

Im surprised, Jack Kenny usually write's good episodes. Leena did nothing but walk a

around. Im gonna start calling Genelle Williams the five minute actor. This was snooze!

(since all the posts will be raving and gushing how great the episode was mine will prob
    be the only critical one and I dont care. They have ruined this show for me. )

Oh and I don't watch a show for the 'eyecandy' of the week. I watch for the storylines.

(mho)
    Last edited by DSG1; July 11th, 2011 at 11:31 PM.

Great start, glad Myka is back! Interesting angle at the end!
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

Excellent episode! I'm glad that Myka came back, but I was sortta hoping that it would've taken at least one more episode for her to be back fully.

That was an interesting twist at the end with the FBI agent killing the dude who was distributing the killer art work to people. I wonder who the dude in the shadows was?

Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

This ep was ok they have been better

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Loved it! So glad to have the show back. I liked the new guy more than I thought I would. I was afraid of having a Jimmy Olsen type around, but this character seems very different (I did wonder why he couldn't tell there was something up with the evil FBI lady though). Loved Myka's "you are now officially a Warehouse agent" speech to Steve. And Pete was great - he can get in my nerves sometimes but I really liked him in this episode. And we even got to see HG Wells again!

There was a couple little things I wasn't quite so thrilled about. Wasn't a big fan of the "repressed sexual tension" line - I've been kinda hoping they'd stay away from a Myka/Pete thing. And they really do need to find something for Leena to do - it's getting ridiculous at this point.

But other than that, great episode - I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles

Quote Originally Posted by DSG1 View Post
    Fully agree!

In my humble opinion this was just a rehash of the pilot episode.
    It was. And I liked it. You could see the cool contrasts between them, like when Pete and Myka were first introduced to the Warehouse (Artie's grand sweeping gesture), you got the full pan out. But when Steve was, you got immediately zoomed back in. Which was hilarious for me.

In other comments...Steve is cute.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Excellent episode! I'm glad that Myka came back, but I was sortta hoping that it would've taken at least one more episode for her to be back fully.

That was an interesting twist at the end with the FBI agent killing the dude who was distributing the killer art work to people. I wonder who the dude in the shadows was?
    The MacPherson/Wells of S3
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

I rather liked the episode. Though it was a bit too fast for my taste, I can imagine that it would easily confuse new viewers. It was largely packed with information and high speed action.

I loved Pete in this episode, especially his comment about Abraham Lincoln's hat, that made me laugh out loud (not in the internet way, I actually burst into loud laughter). Claudia was great too, and I loved Artie's crash course in what the warehouse is (And Claudia's unofficial intro as well). The whole Wells thing was a tad freaky...

i don't know why but the guy in the shadow's was making me think MacPhereson. too much season one.

Liked the new guy--quirky, just as Warehouse employees should be. Loved how Pete told him "can't wait to work with you" and the new guy told him he was lying.

Never did see the end of the last season, but am catching up now. I really liked how the artifacts worked--interesting twist. Anyway, can't wait for more!
    <a href=http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm204/whytewytch/Stargate%20Atlantis/IntheBloodsiggieBay.jpg target=_blank>http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...dsiggieBay.jpg</a>
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Very very happy with this episode and glad the way things turned out , I was worried for a moment there

May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Queen Kat
    (Moderator Emeritus)
    2nd star to the right & straight on 'til morning

Glad Myka's back, but like Lt. Colonel Carter wish that it had taken another episode or two to get her back for good.

Still, it was an interesting episode, I like Jinks and I think he'll fit in well. Looking forward to seeing what the season brings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast