ADWD Spoiler Spammers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADWD Spoiler Spammers

Just an FYI. I'm a board member over at Westeros.org. We've had several brand new boarders use the PM system on the board to send members spoilers for ADWD whether you want them or not. I recieved a PM in my board account this morning from someone who put spoilers in the PM without any warning. I saw them before I could delete the PM. I don't know if they will strike here or not but I wanted to make everyone aware. Additionally, if you don't want to be spoiled and you post on Westeros you may want to avoid that board until after you've read the book.
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Thanks for the heads-up. I've been sneaking around the internet *extremely* carefully since I heard about the stuff-up by amazon.de and will avoid westeros.org for a bit. It's really sad and pathetic that some people want to ruin things for others
    sigpic

Comment

WTF is ADWD?

Comment

"A Dance with Dragons",the next book in the GoT story.

It's due out in a few weeks but been leaked .
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
          Just an FYI. I'm a board member over at Westeros.org. We've had several brand new boarders use the PM system on the board to send members spoilers for ADWD whether you want them or not. I recieved a PM in my board account this morning from someone who put spoilers in the PM without any warning. I saw them before I could delete the PM. I don't know if they will strike here or not but I wanted to make everyone aware. Additionally, if you don't want to be spoiled and you post on Westeros you may want to avoid that board until after you've read the book.
          Probie Status should block newbies from sending out Pm/VM and posts ,but thanks for the alert !

If anyone on normal posting or any other status releases deliberately unsolicited spoilers here ,they'll be dealt with asap .

I'll let Sky/Darren and co know what's happened and see if they want to make a statement and ruling .

Comment

Bagpuss,

Just to be clear this didn't happen here it happened at Westeros. This is more warning for those who use both boards that there may be unfiltered spoilers floating around over there.
            All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I know.

Spoiler -spreaders tend to head straight to other forums though ,as we found about other leaked shows and books in the past.

Comment

Bagpuss,

Thank you for your vigilence.

Comment

I know the official board is banning/gagging people for talking about the spoilers. I'm not inclined to do that here, simply because, well there's maybe a couple dozen people talking about it. that said, my 'rules' are that ANY AND ALL spoilers about that book - if someone just HAS to post them, must be in a singular thread and appropriately marked.

I don't consider it a banning offense, however I hope that anyone that gets their hands on the book will simply keep their peace and respect the other fans and the author by not spilling the spoilers all over the place.

Now, anyone that does post untagged spoilers or puts them in PM's or VM's....that IS against the rules. Anyone does that to you, please report it so that we can deal with it.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...v91lo1_500.gif

Just so.

12 Days...

(please remember the 100K limit for images)
                    Last edited by Skydiver; 01 July 2011, 04:47 PM.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Working...
                    X