Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation how SGU would have ended if it had run it course....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    In "Faith" the crew discussed that those aliens created the solar system. Probably speculation, yes, but AFAIK they hadn't come up with another theory.
    Ascended Ancients did the same thing with Abydos. They un-created it when they were done with it, not because they had to (and hell that was Oma by herself wasn't it?). So I was never that impressed with them or Eli's claim that they would be the most advanced race ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
      In "Faith" the crew discussed that those aliens created the solar system. Probably speculation, yes, but AFAIK they hadn't come up with another theory. Even so, you make it sound like moving a star and a planet isn't impressive enough. Definitely more than Jesus has to show for.
      It is quite possible the whole thing was an illusion (like on the mist world in sga). Moving a star and planet is impressive but no godlike. Not being able to reproduce a lifeform is a key element of godhood and they failed badly. Reproducing the shuttle was impressive as was moving the planet and sun. It's quite possible the matter was floating around and they used a "genesis device" to make the solar system. Was Kirks son and ex wives gods for creating this?

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
        Actually I think with all the magical sci-fi stuff/tech they have on the show, they could have easily done it with some astrophysics. I think accelerating objects create a slight gravitational effect. If they could alter the trajectory every so slightly, even just a degree, over large scale distances, they can move things. Or they could have just accumulated large amounts of hydrogen plasma and whatnot from various places and maybe an induced gravitational field and just let gravity do its work.
        still easiest to simply move a star and planet if you're at that tech level

Comment

I'm 99% sure rush said Destiny was heading in towards the central Galaxies of the universe as "The Signal" would be stronger there.

Remember, we are not talking about how real word physics work. Only the SGU ones.

And I recon the serise would have been a Terminator-esk time paradox, Destiny sent or at least caused the signal they are looking for.
          I got nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by akuma07 View Post
            I'm 99% sure rush said Destiny was heading in towards the central Galaxies of the universe as "The Signal" would be stronger there.
            I'm 100% sure he never.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              I'm 100% sure he never.
              I'm at work at the moment, but when i get home I'm going to go through the episodes in question and see what was actually said. I'll post up what I find. On Youtube for proof if I have to.
              I got nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by akuma07 View Post
                I'm at work at the moment, but when i get home I'm going to go through the episodes in question and see what was actually said. I'll post up what I find. On Youtube for proof if I have to.
                Better to use the transcripts here on GW!
                sigpic

Comment

If something is infinitely large in every direction, where is the center?

<waves his hand in his best jedi mind trick> There are no central galaxies.

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                    To bring the Destiny's crew back to earth in the last 5 minutes of the last episode of 100 episodes would have made a great happy end, I think. But the stories told in between would be more important for me.
                    I know there's a reply before this which basically says the opposite, that the having them solve the mission is better than getting home, but the people on board are still people. They have families and friends on Earth. The mission itself is so big that I think any answer they find would be a let down or cheesey. It's too big to solve. But a great plot device. Unless they find it's fake... However, getting home, just, and I do mean just, in the final reel, would be satisfying. With a final, five/ten-second glimpse at something which says, "or did they?"

Comment

Hows about they finally realize that they won't ever get home and ALL of them do as rush/young wanted, and completely focus on the mission.

Comment

I think we were practically there already aren't we? Or at least with the main characters anyway...

Comment

Anyone ever speculate that the planet builders are in fact the first beings that ever ascended. Maybe the Ancients weren't the first as we are led to believe and the "Signal" is from them.

Comment

Would imagine Rush would have gone "into the sunset" with the ship. Others would have 'returned home'.

Depends on whether Destiny was regarded as a "scientific project' designed to trace signals etc like we have today or would have been considered a 'spiritual project' relevant to attaining ascension. And.or whether the scientific info would have been considered relevant as they changed their focus toward ascension

I would imagine the planet builders would have come into it in some way, that was probably part of a multi-season story arch which plays subtly behind the scenes of all the other plots and sub-plots until the final season

What I would have found curious, is whether 'ascended characters' would have ended up coming into play in the plotlines. Even if they had long ascended, they may have still had a passing interest in the fate of the ship and project.

Haven't seen all of season 2 yet, including the 'faith' episode so can't say too much on this notion of 'reproducing life'? or whether they are ascendants. I was wondering whether in that case they would be ascended 'ancients' (I'm sure they had an actual name other than 'ancients') or whether there would be other ascended races from other civilisations (I wonder if the mysterious "Furlongs" would have been finally clarified)

Oh well, can only speculate

Comment

Sorry for the lateness. Here's my best guesses:

Comments, suggestions welcome!

Comment

Maybe a bit enhusiastic plan, but it would have been cool if Destiny could have started the Big Bang. Like a little "sperm" what is flying to fertilize the egg, then boom the universe starts expand. If we suggest that there is a Big Bang then it somewhere must happen the opposite like a Big Collide. Like when you open one hand and close the other at the same time then you repeat it again and again. Anyway this scenario could have happened if the Destiny would have started to speed up and fly not just through space but going back in time approximately 13,8 billion years ago....
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X