Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation how SGU would have ended if it had run it course....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
    The odds of it finishing it's mission in a few year period after already been underway for millions of year is zero.
    Not now we know what the destiny was doing. Which was collecting data on the background radiation, there never was a destination. For all we know Destiny could have all the data needed to solve the puzzle now, and it could have had that data for thousand of years before the crew step aboard, but it was design to carry on the same routine until the ancients came aboard and tell Destiny that it has completed her mission, after all her floating in space would make her an easy target. Of cause to fine out whether it had enough data to solve the mystery would require a crew that knows what it is doing.

I believe it already been said that the Destiny mission has already extended way longer than original planned, which gives the writer the perfect reason why the mission was or is completed when our crew arrived.

I actually never wanted the crew to return home. I wanted them to build lives on the ship and it ever evolving journey through the cosmos.

I got a pretty complete idea on what the signal is but it a fairly complicated set of ideas at the minute that I need to write down and do research on it, to make sure it make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      Not now we know what the destiny was doing. Which was collecting data on the background radiation, there never was a destination. For all we know Destiny could have all the data needed to solve the puzzle now, and it could have had that data for thousand of years before the crew step aboard, but it was design to carry on the same routine until the ancients came aboard and tell Destiny that it has completed her mission, after all her floating in space would make her an easy target. Of cause to fine out whether it had enough data to solve the mystery would require a crew that knows what it is doing.

I believe it already been said that the Destiny mission has already extended way longer than original planned, which gives the writer the perfect reason why the mission was or is completed when our crew arrived.

I actually never wanted the crew to return home. I wanted them to build lives on the ship and it ever evolving journey through the cosmos.

I got a pretty complete idea on what the signal is but it a fairly complicated set of ideas at the minute that I need to write down and do research on it, to make sure it make sense.
      The signal is
      "don't come this way, there are drones"

or
      the signal is a trap

Comment

The signal is everywhere, it's not coming from a single point.

Comment

I would also have liked it to end with some returning home..

Though why would they 'warrant' a round of applause?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Though why would they 'warrant' a round of applause?
            For surviving? For finding out what's the message from the beginning of time? I'm sure they would've warranted the applause somehow.
            sigpic

Comment

I'd much rather then mission was completed and they died, than it wasn't but they got home. For me the longer the show went on, the less getting home mattered.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                I'd much rather then mission was completed and they died, than it wasn't but they got home. For me the longer the show went on, the less getting home mattered.
                Nicely put KEK.

Comment

Hmm, things usually end in death and destruction. Or....they discover Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                    Hmm, things usually end in death and destruction. Or....they discover Jesus.
                    Something tells me that Jesus was weaksauce compared to the planet builders!

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                      Something tells me that Jesus was weaksauce compared to the planet builders!
                      They couldn't even save or recreate a simple lifeform. There are far far away from being godlike. Moving a sun and planet is not a god worthy event.

Comment

Moving a sun and planet is not a god worthy event.
                        How about creating 'em?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                          How about creating 'em?
                          Created from what? The sun and planet that they moved to that area for raw materials?

Comment

Created from what? The sun and planet that they moved to that area for raw materials?
                            They put a papa sun and a mama sun together in a room, then....stuff happens and bam!

Comment

In "Faith" the crew discussed that those aliens created the solar system. Probably speculation, yes, but AFAIK they hadn't come up with another theory. Even so, you make it sound like moving a star and a planet isn't impressive enough. Definitely more than Jesus has to show for.
                              sigpic

Comment

Actually I think with all the magical sci-fi stuff/tech they have on the show, they could have easily done it with some astrophysics. I think accelerating objects create a slight gravitational effect. If they could alter the trajectory every so slightly, even just a degree, over large scale distances, they can move things. Or they could have just accumulated large amounts of hydrogen plasma and whatnot from various places and maybe an induced gravitational field and just let gravity do its work.

Comment

Working...
                                X