No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Compromises -- I LOVE the story about Sheridan washing his own socks
    • An organizational thought.... If Babylon 5 is still an independent state and Captain Lochley is only there to serve as administrator, doesn't that mean that the Babylon 5 staff are still 'citizens' of B5 rather than Earth? And following on that, does that mean that the crew (or at least the command staff minus Lochley) are officers under the ISA rather than Earthforce?
    • A View from the Gallery -- For some reason I always forget this one, but I love it
    • Day of the Dead -- An awesome concept, positively ruined Penn and Teller. Those two are just fingernails on a chalkboard to me and wrecked what was otherwise an interesting conceptual story. And to me it looks like most of the main cast was having trouble with their presence too, most of them look like their laughter is absolutely forced and they're all trying not to cringe
    • Phoenix Rising -- BURN, you insufferable d-bag. BURN.
    • Darkness Ascending -- Is it wrong that I laugh every time I see Delenn cry? Mira Furlan is just so, so bad at it that I find it hard to take it even a little bit serious
    • The Fall of Centauri Prime -- Great, great episode. But god, I'd forgotten how utterly revolting the 'birth' of the Keeper is
    • The Fall of Centauri Prime -- It's interesting.... Even though the war with the Centauri is played for all the tragedy that it is, it also underscores exactly how and why the ISA works. One member world hurts the others, the whole community turns their wrath against the offender
    • Shadow of His Thoughts (short story) -- Interesting bit of possible discontinuity going on here, which actually stretches back into things learned in the Techno-mage trilogy of novels. We know that sentient telepaths on pretty much every world are a result of Vorlon manipulation in order to create a weapon against the Shadows. Why, then, are the Drakh capable of telepathic communication with both the Shadows and the Keepers? Isn't that a bit like going for a steak lunch from a PETA rally?
    • Objects in Motion -- "That's the trouble with going from being a soldier to being a politician; you have to sit and listen to people you would've shot six months ago." -- another one of the greatest lines in the series
    • Objects... -- Even without SiL, these two episodes make a pretty fantastic series finale IMO. So much wonderful emotional punch.

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    • A View from the Gallery -- For some reason I always forget this one, but I love it
    I love it too. I love that part when, after G'Kar and Londo are arguing, one of those two workers says "How long do you think they've been married?"

• Day of the Dead -- An awesome concept, positively ruined Penn and Teller. Those two are just fingernails on a chalkboard to me and wrecked what was otherwise an interesting conceptual story. And to me it looks like most of the main cast was having trouble with their presence too, most of them look like their laughter is absolutely forced and they're all trying not to cringe
    Agreed, I can't stand those two either. But it was nice to see Adira and Dodger again.

Oh, he was pretty annoying, but that's a bit harsh, isn't it?

• The Fall of Centauri Prime -- Great, great episode. But god, I'd forgotten how utterly revolting the 'birth' of the Keeper is
    Always gives me the creeps, that thing... I actually start to feel sorry for poor Londo - especially since reading the Legions Of Fire trilogy...
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Yeah,

Much as I miss Ivanova, I'm glad she left, I don't think I could have been able to tolerate the thought of her with Byron, just a few months after the death of Marcus who sacrificed himself to save her.

Can't stand Penn & Teller either. Even if I love the rest of TDOTD...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
        Yeah,

Much as I miss Ivanova, I'm glad she left, I don't think I could have been able to tolerate the thought of her with Byron, just a few months after the death of Marcus who sacrificed himself to save her.
        I know what you mean, but it sure would have made things more interesting. Unlike Lyta, Ivanova would have had a real loyalties conflict she'd have to work out.

Originally posted by maneth View Post
        Can't stand Penn & Teller either. Even if I love the rest of TDOTD...
        I read someplace that the cast couldn't stand them during the filming either.
        sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
        - R.E.M.

Comment

I was just grateful that the telepath story line finally ended. I was much more interested in the goings on at Centauri Prime with "In the Kingdom of the Blind" but by that episode I had virtually lost interest in the telepath plot. And yes, it was because of Fabio.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X