Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did they know they were cancelled when the filmed the final scene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did they know they were cancelled when the filmed the final scene?

Pretty much as the title suggest?

Did the cast know before filming had finished or after?

Also I got the impression Eli never had any intention of fixing the pod, he knew he was dead.
    I got nothing!

No, they didn't know for sure, but first ratings from season 2 hinted as much.
    sigpic

Comment

No, but there was a lot of uncertainty about a 3rd season so they had to film it in such a way as to serve as a season finale and a decent series finale.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
        No, but there was a lot of uncertainty about a 3rd season so they had to film it in such a way as to serve as a season finale and a decent series finale.
        Season finale...yes. Decent series finale...not so much.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          Season finale...yes. Decent series finale...not so much.
          Ah I disagree. Out of the three series finales we have had for Stargate "Gauntlet" was the best one because it actually felt like a finale instead of having a rushed event or plot.

Comment

A series finale wouldn't have had the crew of destiny floating off for three years and Eli just hoping to fix a stasis pod before he died. SGA was rushed but still a finale none the less. SG-1's finale was in movie form which is why their final episode of season 10 was just another episode.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              A series finale wouldn't have had the crew of destiny floating off for three years and Eli just hoping to fix a stasis pod before he died. SGA was rushed but still a finale none the less. SG-1's finale was in movie form which is why their final episode of season 10 was just another episode.
              And why can't a series finale have that?
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                Ah I disagree. Out of the three series finales we have had for Stargate "Gauntlet" was the best one because it actually felt like a finale instead of having a rushed event or plot.
                Plus 1.
                sigpic

Comment

plus 2

I don't think they knew for sure, but SGU wouldn't be the first, or the only, series out there that tried to make a season finale that could pass for a series finale, if things don't work out.
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

plus 3

Comment

If they knew, it seems they kept it open for the possibility of a come-back, maybe in 3 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post
                        If they knew, it seems they kept it open for the possibility of a come-back, maybe in 3 years...
                        It would be nice if the show did come back, but I doubt that would happen. Especially not after three years of being off the air. Plus, the studio is having an auction to sell off stargate related items.
                        sigpic

Comment

Just to joinin... plus 4 ;-) .
                          sigpic

Comment

They knew it was on the fence. David Blues unprofessional rants on his Facebook page was evidence of that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X