Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is anyone really "Angry" over the events at the end of the first Season?

I'm curious to find out if anyone will defend the "angry" position of some viewers given the event of "Baelor"?
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Lieutenant Colonel

Default Re: Is anyone really "Angry" over the events at the end of the first Season?

Doubt you'll find anyone here whose really "angry". Sad maybe, but I think most people here also saw it as a shocking, yet brilliant tv moment. In general Gateworld has less trolls and smarter posters than most of the rest of the net, so the whole "RAGE!!!, CANCEL HBO!!11!!1!" thing won't really happen.

First Lieutenant themeatcleaver's Avatar

Default Re: Is anyone really "Angry" over the events at the end of the first Season?

Having never read the books, I was kind of expecting it. So i'm sadly disappointed but i think it sets the stage for some seriously interesting events.

i find that im really more interested in everything else going on though, in particular the events of the night's watch and the doth'raki down south. eager to find out how things work out with Ronon Dex

As for anyone being "angry" over the events in "Baelor" it's either have everything stand as it did in the books or re-write the story for the series so that Ned Stark lives. Somehow I don't think George Martin would be fond of the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by themeatcleaver View Post
    Having never read the books, I was kind of expecting it. So i'm sadly disappointed but i think it sets the stage for some seriously interesting events.

i find that im really more interested in everything else going on though, in particular the events of the night's watch and the doth'raki down south. eager to find out how things work out with Ronon Dex
    Though the intrigues at King's Landing have been the primary focus of the series, like you, the story lines that interested me the most in both the series and the books were the events at the Wall as well as Daenerys over in the eastern part of the world.

Thought there was still 1 more episode
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

There is.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Angry? Hell no. It's actually nice when tv show surprises like that and proves that no character is safe. If that's what we're talking about. If not, then no worries. I'm still not angry.

I already knew it was coming. But even when I was reading it in the novel, it only got me more interested for the 2nd book. It is rare to see a story that has no problem eliminating main characters for the purpose of advancing the plot and adding a whole lot of intrigue for the readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Egle01 View Post
    Angry? Hell no. It's actually nice when tv show surprises like that and proves that no character is safe. If that's what we're talking about. If not, then no worries. I'm still not angry.
    REad the books and you'll know which character is safe or not

Yeah, it is a shame that Ned won't...

*Flips on sunglasses*

Beheading into season two...

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Quote Originally Posted by MattSilver 3k View Post

*Flips on sunglasses*

That's just...bad.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43546&dateline=1312852922

That's humour at its finest. If Ned took a moment to use his head, he'd find it funny. But alas...

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by siles View Post
    Unfortunately only 4 out of 7 books is out so far, anyone who is still alive at the end of the 4th book might still get offed in the next 3 especially once winter comes.

norph,

Quote Originally Posted by norph View Post
    Unfortunately only 4 out of 7 books is out so far, anyone who is still alive at the end of the 4th book might still get offed in the next 3 especially once winter comes.
    A Dance with Dragons will be released on 7/12/2011.

All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Quote Originally Posted by siles View Post
    Nah, I'll stick with tv format for the time being.

All in all I can think of only one scene that I would like to have seen follow the book better, however I was not mad that they did it the way they did and if I had never read the books and saw everything for the first time through the show there is nothing I can find fault with.

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by MattSilver 3k View Post

*Flips on sunglasses*

omg amazing, haha <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
    norph,

A Dance with Dragons will be released on 7/12/2011.

Once the series is in hiatus until next year, the book will certainly help alleviate the inevitable Game of Thrones withdrawal I'll be experiencing--that is, until the DVD comes out.

Colonel

I'm not angry at all. I don't know should I be. Sad maybe, but not angry. It's a part of the story. I was shocked whe I saw that scene. I knew Ned wouldn't make it, but I certainly wasn't expecting this. When I look back I see it was also Ned's own fault. He was always trying to do the right thing which cost him his head. And Joffrey, that little brat only proved he's not ready to be the king and probably he'll never be. I only hope Starks will get their revenge.

I saw many deaths of major characters in several shows or movies and this one was one of the "best" written and had huge impact on all characters and a show.

this series has great atmosphere and its somehow real for me...you know not some heroes which are surviving every fight etc and are almost gods...I just love this change

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast