Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone really "Angry" over the events at the end of the first Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    TPTB won't be doing any changing of big broad plot strokes or character fates, I'd wager. They'd condense a bit and scratch a few characters away til they become relevant, like Blackfish.

Spoiler:
    As for Joffrey? You heard wrong.
    well,
    Spoiler:
    he's alive in some books
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for dropping those spoiler bombs

much appreciated. Now I won't even have to read the books to find out what happens.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sorry, but, you know, the tags were there. Don't throw a hissy. Also, very happy to save you the trouble of reading the books if you're going to act like a child about it.
        Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 05 July 2011, 03:57 AM.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I'm not talking about the tagged spoilers. I'm talking about god's untagged one.
          In a series where no character is safe knowing which ones don't die is as much a spoiler as knowing which one does

sigpic

Comment

I was a bit angry as it happened (Baelor) but hey ho, he kind of walked into it and it does make a nice change to off the lead hero Now when Khal Drogo bought it too I was really shocked and saddened. Not angry but definitely suprised and a bit confused where we go from here in the series

If I had to list my main reasons for really enjoying the show, aside from its overall general awesomeness, it would be something like (in no particular order);

Eddard Stark's character / Sean Bean's portrayal
            Khal Drogo char / Jason Momoa's on-screen presence

dragon lady char / Emilia Clarke's performance and beauty
            wanting to see Viserys dead
            wanting to see Queen Evil and her whole evil family dead (possible exception of the imp)
            the imp / Peter Dinklage's acting skills and comic performance

So yeah.. a lot of that is gone now and the family of evil is far from dead! Still dragon lady with dragons and wishing harm on the Lannisters will definitely hold my attention going forward

BTW, Is the first season basically book 1 or does it cover only part of it or more than that?
            And am I the only one that was getting naming similarity confusion with Khal Drogo / Kar D'Argo (so much so that Dragho Musevinhy started to figure into the mental mess too)?
            "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Huarachoca,

All I can say is:
              Spoiler:
              be patient.
              All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                Huarachoca,

All I can say is:
                Spoiler:
                be patient.
                Hehe thanks for the advice - love the use of spoiler tags Not my strongest suit though.. I've already picked up the books on my Kindle
                "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
                  BTW, Is the first season basically book 1 or does it cover only part of it or more than that?
                  And am I the only one that was getting naming similarity confusion with Khal Drogo / Kar D'Argo (so much so that Dragho Musevinhy started to figure into the mental mess too)?
                  The first season covers all of book one. I think the plan is one season per book, although some of the later books may require more.
                  In terms of naming yes, but appearance-wise, I think its safe to say there is very little similarity
                  sigpic

Comment

it's also possible, I know some of hte later books are more intricate, but some bits and pieces may be cut due to content. I haven't read them, but have heard that they are very graphic, and even though channels like HBO don't have to edit for content as much as network shows do, they may make creative choices to gloss over some things, or do like Harry Potter, remove some of the more removed plot threads and storylines to leave more time for the ones they deem to be 'more important'

It's also possible, due to production costs, that whole battles may be not shown but merely mentioned

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      it's also possible, I know some of hte later books are more intricate, but some bits and pieces may be cut due to content. I haven't read them, but have heard that they are very graphic, and even though channels like HBO don't have to edit for content as much as network shows do, they may make creative choices to gloss over some things, or do like Harry Potter, remove some of the more removed plot threads and storylines to leave more time for the ones they deem to be 'more important'

It's also possible, due to production costs, that whole battles may be not shown but merely mentioned
                      Its actually interesting because in the first season, there were actually scenes that were added, which weren't in the books. The books are written from the POV of different characters, but not all characters have a POV. Robb does not have a POV in the book but there are scenes in the series where you actually see things from his point of view, something that you were not able to do in the books. Same with Cersei and Robert.

Undoubtedly things will be shortened, but entire story lines will not be overlooked, simply because of the nature of the story, where everything is interconnected in some way. As for censoring the more graphic parts, I think its safe to say we saw quite a bit of things we would not expect to see. I don't see the producers holding back too much with what there is to come. I also don't think they will cheap out on battle scenes, because some times something important might happen that affects one or more characters.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                        As for censoring the more graphic parts, I think its safe to say we saw quite a bit of things we would not expect to see. I don't see the producers holding back too much with what there is to come. I also don't think they will cheap out on battle scenes, because some times something important might happen that affects one or more characters.
                        Indeed, it's highly unlikely anything will be censored or deemed too graphic by HBO. While GRRM's books deal with graphic death, sex, rape , child murder and assorted other nasty stuff, all these themes have been in HBO shows before.

As for the battles, I think we'll see more as they go on. Several battles become key, and we already know one will be the central part of an episode in season 2. I think the producers will also learn how to work with their budget. They even admitted in an interview that they cut battle scene, with Tyrion at the Green Fork out, not because they couldn't afford it, quite the contrary in fact they had it planned out in a way that wouldn't be too expensive, but they simply ran out of time to film. Now going into season 2, having already done a season, I would imagine they would be more experienced and be able to imagine the time spent filming better.

I mean keep in mind David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, the show runners have no prior experience in running and producing a show. They're both originally authors and script writers. I think in many ways that's a good thing, their writing skills were key in making sure this was a successful adaption. But as I say neither of these guys has produced a tv show before and yet they did an amazing job. Now that they have done a season, they will even better understand the pitfalls and how to do things better, so I think for season 2 we'll see them do an even better job.

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                          I'm curious to find out if anyone will defend the "angry" position of some viewers given the event of "Baelor"?
                          Having read the books I knew it was coming and Ned was played by Sean Bean so that was a possible hint... It was sad, but from what I remember of the books it was the likely outcome... like if you saw someone in a blindfold walking towards a cliff and you know someone warned them not to go that way and directed them in the other... you can kind of see what's going to happen... or at least know it's likely...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                          "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                          a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Working...
                          X