Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone really "Angry" over the events at the end of the first Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone really "Angry" over the events at the end of the first Season?

I'm curious to find out if anyone will defend the "angry" position of some viewers given the event of "Baelor"?
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Doubt you'll find anyone here whose really "angry". Sad maybe, but I think most people here also saw it as a shocking, yet brilliant tv moment. In general Gateworld has less trolls and smarter posters than most of the rest of the net, so the whole "RAGE!!!, CANCEL HBO!!11!!1!" thing won't really happen.

Comment

Having never read the books, I was kind of expecting it. So i'm sadly disappointed but i think it sets the stage for some seriously interesting events.

i find that im really more interested in everything else going on though, in particular the events of the night's watch and the doth'raki down south. eager to find out how things work out with Ronon Dex

Comment

As for anyone being "angry" over the events in "Baelor" it's either have everything stand as it did in the books or re-write the story for the series so that Ned Stark lives. Somehow I don't think George Martin would be fond of the latter.

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
        Having never read the books, I was kind of expecting it. So i'm sadly disappointed but i think it sets the stage for some seriously interesting events.

i find that im really more interested in everything else going on though, in particular the events of the night's watch and the doth'raki down south. eager to find out how things work out with Ronon Dex
        Though the intrigues at King's Landing have been the primary focus of the series, like you, the story lines that interested me the most in both the series and the books were the events at the Wall as well as Daenerys over in the eastern part of the world.
        sigpic

Comment

Thought there was still 1 more episode
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

There is.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Angry? Hell no. It's actually nice when tv show surprises like that and proves that no character is safe. If that's what we're talking about. If not, then no worries. I'm still not angry.
              sigpic

Comment

I already knew it was coming. But even when I was reading it in the novel, it only got me more interested for the 2nd book. It is rare to see a story that has no problem eliminating main characters for the purpose of advancing the plot and adding a whole lot of intrigue for the readers.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                  Angry? Hell no. It's actually nice when tv show surprises like that and proves that no character is safe. If that's what we're talking about. If not, then no worries. I'm still not angry.
                  REad the books and you'll know which character is safe or not

Comment

Yeah, it is a shame that Ned won't...

*Flips on sunglasses*

Beheading into season two...

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      Yeah, it is a shame that Ned won't...

*Flips on sunglasses*

Beheading into season two...

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

That's just...bad.
                      sigpic

Comment

That's humour at its finest. If Ned took a moment to use his head, he'd find it funny. But alas...

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                          Unfortunately only 4 out of 7 books is out so far, anyone who is still alive at the end of the 4th book might still get offed in the next 3 especially once winter comes.

Comment

norph,

Originally posted by norph View Post
                            Unfortunately only 4 out of 7 books is out so far, anyone who is still alive at the end of the 4th book might still get offed in the next 3 especially once winter comes.
                            A Dance with Dragons will be released on 7/12/2011.

All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                              Nah, I'll stick with tv format for the time being.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X