McKay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McKay

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but why couldn't Eli just use the stones to swap with McKay, or some other scientist, who might have had a better chance of fixing the pod?

They can't go the quick and easy route for sake of plot. They wouldn't have half of the show's content if they had just used the stones to swap with people better qualified all the time. It's a pretty big plot hole I guess but has it's reasons.

Also, it's possible (however unlikely) that McKay or anyone that doesn't live in Destiny wouldn't have enough knowledge of how it works to be able to fiddle and fix things. But you know McKay he's usually able to figure anything out with no prior knowledge of it
    Last edited by Brian; 13 June 2011, 02:47 PM.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by dacooker
    The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

Originally posted by Sllimy View Post
      I don't know if this has been suggested before, but why couldn't Eli just use the stones to swap with McKay, or some other scientist, who might have had a better chance of fixing the pod?
      that's what he might have done gotten a second opnion on the situation. but i don't see why eli wouldn't be able to fix it on his own.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I suppose it's barely worth discussing, because for all we know Eli did get help from Earth, no way of knowing for sure.

Comment

If Rush and Eli couldn't figure a solution I don't think McKay can
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

i don't think the stones are available since it would take up power. and i have faith that eli could fix it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              If Rush and Eli couldn't figure a solution I don't think McKay can
              He could in 2 weeks eil and rush had a hour or so to try to fix it before Eli went Alone?
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

You know after seeing "Seizure" I would loved to have seen Mckay and Eli intereacting on a regular basis. It's too bad we will not get a third season so they could have found a way to get McKay onto Destiny.
                All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Also in blockaid when going through the blue star is being discussed, Rush totally checks Telford when he suggest that they swap out with the stones to make sure it gets done.

Rush: The most qualified people are already on bored, its myself and Eli.

Telford: Your volunteering for this?

Rush: This is our own lives on the line. Your not even bloody here.

I think as the show progressed, it proved that swapping stones to bring more qualified people on bored seemed to create more problems than solutions. Much it is shown in "Alliances" as French Stewart comes with his own agenda. Although it was a relief to see McKay in SGU, its not necessarily proven that he is more qualified than Eli or Rush. IMHO!!!
                  sigpic
                  Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
                  "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                  Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                  Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                  etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                    i don't think the stones are available since it would take up power. and i have faith that eli could fix it.
                    It gets power from the pedistal the stones sit on.. and then from subspace.. So how would it use the ships power up??

I think as the show progressed, it proved that swapping stones to bring more qualified people on bored seemed to create more problems than solutions. Much it is shown in "Alliances" as French Stewart comes with his own agenda. Although it was a relief to see McKay in SGU, its not necessarily proven that he is more qualified than Eli or Rush. IMHO!!!
                    That is true. heck after alliances, they might have limited the stone ' bringing on someone from earth' thing, to prevent that from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripley2012 View Post
                      I agree with both of these statements. Even the writers have mentioned that they don't want the stones to be too "convenient" a way to get help. Also, the crew are aware of how likely it is that the connection could be disrupted at a crucial moment, creating havoc.

I also agree that McKay is not necessarily more qualified, mainly for the reasons that someone else gave - Eli and Rush are more familiar with the ship. Not to mention that he would react the way he usually does when his back is to the wall and the clock is ticking - PANIC! (Don't get me wrong, I love McKay and I'd love to see him again... but I think he would not be the right person in this situation.)

OTOH, if there were going to be a 3rd season, I could see this scenario as a cliffhanger: Eli swaps with McKay, who is able to fix the pod, but just as he is ready to swap back, the stone device explodes.

ArchaeoNerd

Comment

That would be hilarious.. Mccay stuck in eli's body and visa versa..

Comment

It might be anxiety overload!
                          sigpic
                          Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
                          "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                          Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                          Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                          etc.....

Comment

Earth might not have someone on stone duty if they found out about the pod being down after Young told them that everyone was going into stasis. Plus, with no one to talk to, Eli would have to leave a kino recording to explain what needs to be done and they couldn't really communicate back and forth to explain unless Eli pulled someone out of stasis to swap with McKay (which would halve the amount of time he had available to fix the problem.

Comment

Or he goes, explains it TO mccay (while in someone elses body), disconnects, then mccay reconnects with him..

Comment

Working...
                              X