Amanda Tapping at the 2011 Leo Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amanda Tapping at the 2011 Leo Awards

I posted this in the Sanctuary forum too in a different post but maybe some of you hard core SG1 fans don't sniff through that forum. Amanda Tapping was at the 2011 Leo Awards back on Sat June 11. She was nominated for best lead actress in a tv drama but sadly didn't win again

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3324525...7624861530393/

Has she ever won?

Comment

Amanda Tapping has won 4 Leo Awards, as per her Wikipedia page. She's also won a Saturn Award.

Btw, I love her hair for this year's Leos. The braid thing is so simple, yet so elegant.

Comment

She keeps dying her hair darker and darker, eventually it just won't reflect any light at all

I don't know why she does it, makes her look a lot older IMO :/

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
          She keeps dying her hair darker and darker, eventually it just won't reflect any light at all

It depends a lot on the lighting too. And considering she's a natural blonde, she'd have to dye her hair about every 5-6 weeks to prevent awkward blond roots showing. It would be a bit darker when it's just been dyed. It's also possible that the dye just takes better at the top of her head, making it darker than the rest of her hair even if she dyes it a tint lighter.

Spoken from experience obviously. For some reason parts of my hair (especially my bangs) take the dye better making it look like I have high/low lights while it's all one color. And I asked my hairdresser about it the last time, because my hair looked a bit darker than usual but she's been using the same mixture for about a year now. Blond hair just takes better after having it dyed a few times and stays darker.

Or maybe AT likes it darker and does it on purpose.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Giggity
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm no expert, but I think it needs some highlights. Which might be harder to do when you go from a light color to a dark one. I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                It depends a lot on the lighting too. And considering she's a natural blonde, she'd have to dye her hair about every 5-6 weeks to prevent awkward blond roots showing. It would be a bit darker when it's just been dyed. It's also possible that the dye just takes better at the top of her head, making it darker than the rest of her hair even if she dyes it a tint lighter.

Spoken from experience obviously. For some reason parts of my hair (especially my bangs) take the dye better making it look like I have high/low lights while it's all one color. And I asked my hairdresser about it the last time, because my hair looked a bit darker than usual but she's been using the same mixture for about a year now. Blond hair just takes better after having it dyed a few times and stays darker.

look at your avatar picture

Those aren't blond root on that pretty head.

Comment

It's just shadow combined with the fact that blonde hair usually gets blonder the longer it is, as weird as that sounds. The roots might look dark there relative to her blonde hair, but compared to her dyed hair they wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                    It's just shadow combined with the fact that blonde hair usually gets blonder the longer it is, as weird as that sounds. The roots might look dark there relative to her blonde hair, but compared to her dyed hair they wouldn't.
                    I love Amanda's hair colour. I too think that at times it looks as though it's getting darker but I also know from experience as a natural blonde myself that the colour does stick better the more you use it. My hair grows out dark then lightens as it grows longer...which is a pain to maintain or you have this stripe at the top of your head...so going darker is easy to keep. Amanda does it for her role as Helen Magnus. I don't think it makes her look older, in fact I think it makes her look younger.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      My hair grows out dark then lightens as it grows longer...which is a pain to maintain or you have this stripe at the top of your head...so going darker is easy to keep.
                      As a natural blond myself I have to disagree. When you're blond - either natural or dyed - dark(er) roots are "normal" and not too "disturbing" and when it's dyed you can go a couple of weeks without dyeing it again until the roots are really dark and it looks ridiculous (imo). But when you go from blond to dark your roots are blond(ish) and they show much more. Worse, it can make your parting look like you're missing hair, it gives a "bald" look because it's so light. So you have to be precise in your maintenance and keep dyeing it every 5-7 weeks, depending on your hair growth and natural color.

I'm not sure if it makes AT look younger or older, simply because she looks younger than her years and comparing her blond and dark looks are so different that it's hard to tell. But I agree it looks good on her, the dark hair. In some ways, I prefer the dark hair over the blond when you compare her overall look (with hairstyles in Sanctuary and her blond look in Continuum for example).
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I miss her short blond hair. I think that suited her best. But then I miss Sam! (Who in my world with always have short blond hair.)

AT was asked at the recent convention in Georgia if she preferred being a blond or a brunette. She said she thinks being a brunette is fun because it is so different from her natural color and she enjoys it. But her daughter is blond and wishes her mom would go back to having blond hair too. So if I were to guess I'd say once she's done with Sanctuary she'll return to her natural color.

Comment

Working...
                        X