This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP (Spoilers to The Reckoning pt1)

(SPOILERS for Season Eight's "Reckoning, Part 1" ...)

Aw man... Lord Yu died I loved that guy! He was awesome, even though a bit senile. What made him awesome was his realistic views about power and realizing that the SGC would be good allies, in order for himsef not to be defeated by them eventually. He was always there to help, he even spared Teal'c's life once.

Anyways, RIP Lord Yu. Yu (excuse the pun) will be in our memories forever as the only open minded System Lord.
    Last edited by Darren; 27 January 2005, 11:18 AM.

Should have used spoiler tags, and this should be in the episode's section I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagutsuchi Ryoma
      What made him awesome was his realistic views about power and realizing that the SGC would be good allies, in order for himsef not to be defeated by them eventually.
      Well, he had those views up until Fallen. After Fallen the writers destroyed his character and turned into a bumbling fool. He was a 'grey area' badguy who had great potential, but that was lost. It was almost criminal what they did to Yu. I'm glad his dead. That way he can't fall from grace any more...

BYE
      "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

This is a thread to remember Lord Yu, so its in general.

As well, my topic has spoiler warning, and a good enough deterrent for spoilerphobia people.

Comment

I think everyone can conclude that this thread is going to be about someone dieing in Reckoning so imho this is fine - it would still do no harm to use spoiler tags
          Spoiler:

I loved how Carter turned out to be Replicarter - though imho that was very predictable, still nice to see the looks of the other Goa'ulds

I agree with Kagutsuchi that he was really nice because he was realistic - though I also have to agree that they could have done even more with him...

Comment

He was the only villain who wasn't cliche....

Which made him more interesting than the rest of them. The writers should have taken note of that by now.

Comment

I haven't seen this episode yet, but he will be missed by me. He was the only system lord that was not predictable, because he actually helped on occasion. Because he didn't bother earth and earth didn't bother him we didn't get a chance to learn much about him, his dynesty, and his history.

Comment

careful

forumn police are watching.

they closed my thread down
                I seriously think "some" moderators on these thing get way too power trippy.

Good episode Reckoning part 1.
                Cant wait till part 2 next week
                jake o'niel ".......bite me"

Mythbusters....."I reject your reality and arbitrarily substitute it with my own"

Comment

Originally posted by sgafansam
                  careful

Guys it’s noting personal against any one, there are good be a number of reason why the thread may have been closed down e.g. there was already a thread on the subject, the thread went off topic and was causing too many problems and etc. The point is you must respect everyone this is not personal against any one I for one don’t mind reading spoilers in fact I love it but I have learnt to respect different views. We are here to talk about stargate as well as other subjects also to enjoy and have fun.
                  "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Should I retire my screenname?

Comment

Originally posted by sgafansam
                      careful

Well that's what happens when you come into possession of Goa'uld knowledge... I meant Admin knowledge...

And yes I think Reckoning is a good episode too... What's up with Carter wearing the sleeveless shirts? Didn't she use to wear an actual uniform? Did Jack made a "casual dress" policy or something? Or is Teal'c shopping for Carter now?

Comment

i believe the generall has instituted his "more skin for better ratings" policy.
                        Yeah Ive kind of noticed she is wearing much less this season.

Fine by me

Look i dont have a problem with mods for the most part. What bothers me is when some of them go off on little power trips and close threads for no good reason. They closed mine because its about the siege ep and they said that it already exists in the episode area.

Have you seen how many pages there are there?

Oh well ive already devoted too much of my life to this problem.

looking forward to both part 2's

going to be wierd though seeing the SPOILERS TEXT: zpm that SG1 recovers in Mobieus before that ep even airs.
                        Guess thats the price you have to pay for getting them early.
                        sam
                        jake o'niel ".......bite me"

Mythbusters....."I reject your reality and arbitrarily substitute it with my own"

Comment

I'm going to miss Yu too. It got me wondering ,why wasn't Yu's, or any of the other System Lords' lo'taurs there? Wasn't their whole purpose to have a host to jump into if anything goes wrong?
                          My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Man I felt so BAD for the goa'uld in that scene! And I REALLY felt bad for Yu's first prime! He must've been DEVESATED! That look on his face! He failed his master! His master who he tried EVERYTHING to protect, even going a far as covering for his failings, he LOVED YU and now YU was evicerated by that stinkin' robot RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM! Gah, that's horrible.

I mean, call me crazy, but at least the goa'uld are PEOPLE! (sorta).

I really felt awful for them all, in that slow-mo "what the heck is going on here", even for Ba'al's female underling. She went from totally on top of the situation barking orders to the System Lords to "HOLY CRAP!" in one second flat.

Good scene, sad and affecting. Good bye Yu!

Comment

I loved Lord Yu even after his First Prime took over , he was still kool. He was the one that was said to hav killed Anubis 1000's of years ago , good on him for that ! ..... Good Bye Lord Yu , you will be missed !
                              -Time Lords , rule space and time !

Comment

Working...
                              X