No announcement yet.

A new fan's view of the show+questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you enjoyed the finale That scene with the big, hungry, orange wormhole is just epic imo.

As for suggestions on something to watch; BSG is a good shout, awesome show. Well 90% of it anyway. Fringe is a great show and a new season will be starting later this year so there should be plenty of discussion once that airs.
    "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Looks like more than one vote for both BSG and Fringe.

I had a question that I forgot to ask before. What was Aeryn's rank in the PK army?

Comment

"Officer"

Sounds silly but I think it was - "Officer Aeryn Sun, Ikarion Company, Pleisar Regiment" as she says once or twice.
        "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Another question: When Crais first boarded Talyn, Talyn chose to leave with him and have him as his captain. I asked a question then, but someone replied on that thread that we'll find out later. I waited untill I got the answer "later", but then Talyn and Crais died and I still waited, then the show was over and I still waited, then I watched PKW and still nothing.
          Here is the question again: Why did Talyn choose Crais as his captain? And why not Aeryn.
          Someone replied then that a boy wouldn't prefer to stay with his mother, but I want that different answer that I had to wait for.

Some of my questions throughout the show weren't answered. I know it might have been that no one knew the answer or maybe there is no answer or maybe the answer would spoil something for me, but some questions weren't any of that, but still were not answered. Was that intentional? And if it wasn't, can I ask them again or would that annoy you all or some of you?

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
          "Officer"

Sounds silly but I think it was - "Officer Aeryn Sun, Ikarion Company, Pleisar Regiment" as she says once or twice.
          Officer is a general rank that is subdivided into other ranks. Of course she's an officer... duhhh.
          If it's not mentioned then it's OK, but if anyone has an answer, then plz answer.

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
            Another question: When Crais first boarded Talyn, Talyn chose to leave with him and have him as his captain. I asked a question then, but someone replied on that thread that we'll find out later. I waited untill I got the answer "later", but then Talyn and Crais died and I still waited, then the show was over and I still waited, then I watched PKW and still nothing.
            Here is the question again: Why did Talyn choose Crais as his captain? And why not Aeryn.
            Someone replied then that a boy wouldn't prefer to stay with his mother, but I want that different answer that I had to wait for.
            I can only think that because Talyn was half PK and a warship he felt some bond with Crais. Also The "Talyn Project" was Crais' from the start so who knows, perhaps Crais somehow pre-programmed Talyn to be responsive to him.

Some of my questions throughout the show weren't answered. I know it might have been that no one knew the answer or maybe there is no answer or maybe the answer would spoil something for me, but some questions weren't any of that, but still were not answered. Was that intentional? And if it wasn't, can I ask them again or would that annoy you all or some of you?
            Hey, it's your thread I can't speak for anyone else but I wouldn't mind if trying to help out if you still have unanswered questions. I may have missed some of your earlier questions and I know I left some aside that I didn't know how to answer without spoiling.

Officer is a general rank that is subdivided into other ranks. Of course she's an officer... duhhh.
            If it's not mentioned then it's OK, but if anyone has an answer, then plz answer.
            In our world and our conventional logic that is indeed true. In PK world.. who knows? Here is a quote from the series to illustrate my point;

'All right, Aeryn. Let's start with the usual; what was your final rank, unit, branch, and commanding officer before you left the Peacekeepers?'

'My former rank was Officer. I was a prowler pilot, Ikarian Company, Pleisar Regiment. Commanding officer, Captain Bialar Crais.'

Comment

'My former rank was Officer. I was a prowler pilot, Ikarian Company, Pleisar Regiment. Commanding officer, Captain Bialar Crais.'[/I]
              It's confusing, but I think it's "pilot" what I was looking for.

Comment

OK here are the questions I was talking about.
                Season 1
                Episode (110) They've Got A Secret: When Moya threw D'Argo out in space and he was about to die, why did that incident make him remember his wife and son?
                Episode(112) Rhapsody in Blue:1-What exactly did the Delvians do to Aeryn when they messed with the minds of those on Moya?
                2- What's so special about Crichton that made him able to help Zhaan?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

OK here are the questions I was talking about.
                  Season 1
                  Episode (110) They've Got A Secret: When Moya threw D'Argo out in space and he was about to die, why did that incident make him remember his wife and son?
                  Episode(112) Rhapsody in Blue:
                  1-What exactly did the Delvians do to Aeryn when they messed with the minds of those on Moya?
                  2- What's so special about Crichton that made him able to help Zhaan?

Thanks in advance.
                  Hmm good questions.

With D'Argo I think it was just oxygen deprivation leaving him light-headed and hallucinating. Maybe a "life flashing before your eyes" kind of thing that led him back to memories of his family that he seemed to have been repressing? That and the fact they wanted to show some background on the character

I'm struggling to remember what Aeryn's mind-frell was now actually. Was it her Dad?

Well Crichton is special, we all know that If he has a superpower over the course of the show it's his capacity not to go insane (some might say muleheadedness). Perfect for this situation

Comment

I'm struggling to remember what Aeryn's mind-frell was now actually. Was it her Dad?
                    That's the idea. I can't remember her having any visions. She just lost her ability to hold weapons and she thought the weapon she had was broken into pieces when it fell.
                    So what was that that happened to her. What did they do to her in order make that happen? And why?

Comment

They were using their Delvian powers to mess with everyone's heads in an effort to distract them and prevent them from interfering with evil-priest-lady's plan to mind rape Zhaan. Now you mention it, I remember the "broken" weapon. That was quite funny

Comment

Now you mention it, I remember the "broken" weapon. That was quite funny
                        I'm surprised that I do. Usually, my memory is so weak to do this.
                        And it was funny.

Comment

That's the idea. I can't remember her having any visions. She just lost her ability to hold weapons and she thought the weapon she had was broken into pieces when it fell.
                          So what was that that happened to her. What did they do to her in order make that happen? And why?
                          For Aeyrn they seemed to be drawing on probably one of her worst fears...becoming an incompetent soldier. She could see the broken weapon but obviously no one else could because it wasn't really broken. It made her feel helpless since she couldn't fix it.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Hey guys,
                            Here are the lost questions of season 2
                            Episode(211)- Look at the Princess(1): A Kiss is but a Kiss: Why did Aeryn get a warning from the empress after Cargn beat her up? She was the one getting beaten up. I know she warned Cargn too but still.
                            Episode(216)- The Locket: 1- What does Unity have to do with remembering what happened? And How can Stark's mind overpower Zhaan's who has been practising this stuff all her life? What exactly happened the first time they performed Unity?
                            2- Why was John's picture inside the locket shreded like that after they reversed time?
                            3- Why did they stop during reverse starburst? And why didn't Zhaan and Stark stop too? They should have stopped too and shouldn't have been able to perform Unity coz of the inability to move.
                            Episode(220)- Liars Guns and Money(2): With Friends like these: How did Jothee manage to find Moya?

Comment

Aeryn was an outsider. They don't know for sure if she's not there to disrupt things so warnings for everyone.

Locket Qs:
                              1. the magic of sci-fi. Two minds are more powerful than one? Due to the nature of Stark and him having crossed over so many people could be why he's stronger than Zhaan.
                              2. Photos don't last forever. Somehow the locket managed to not be reset thus the aged photo was still inside and had disintegrated.
                              3. Your guess is as good as mine.

How did Jothee manage to find Moya?
                              My guess is that John exchanged himself for Jothee and Jothee returned in the pod John used thus it had the navigational data to get back to Moya. Either that or John told how to get back to the ship.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                              X