A new fan's view of the show+questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
    Never heard of it. Maybe I'll watch it. I'm a fan of oldies.
    LOL! You must be much younger than me. Any movie I watched when it came out is not old. Although I more probably watched it a few years later when it came on tv.
    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
      LOL! You must be much younger than me. Any movie I watched when it came out is not old. Although I more probably watched it a few years later when it came on tv.
      I wish I could have lived during those glorious days. From what I heard and saw, I think they were great days. Even the movies were awesome, but not sci fi of course coz of poor graphics. Was it considered poor back then?

Comment

I think Moya does have some kind of ship fuel. I can't remember what it's called, but I'm sure they go down to a planet for some later on.
        Sorry for being vague...
        "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
          I think Moya does have some kind of ship fuel. I can't remember what it's called, but I'm sure they go down to a planet for some later on.
          Sorry for being vague...
          Finally an answer to that question. Well almost.
          Does this mean I'll know about it later or has it already happened?

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
            Finally an answer to that question. Well almost.
            Does this mean I'll know about it later or has it already happened?
            No, I'm almost certain it's later on. Either Series 3 or 4.
            Sorry, I haven't watched it in a little while..

Edit: In fact, I might look it up tomorrow (about my bed time now though )
            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"

sigpic
            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Episode 15- Durka Returns
              -Comments:
              1-Finally some real action. It was a thrilling episode. When it was over, I fel like I really got more and more into the show. It became something familiar to me.
              2-The problem with this episode is that I already knew Durka has really been cleansed and that he was back to his evil state after the bomb explosion even before he said it to Rygle in the control room.
              3-The cleansing idea made by the Nebari reminded me of what the avatars did in season 7 of Charmed.
              4-Chiana... What's up with all the female aliens that have strange colors. First, Zhaan and now, Chiana.
              5-Good to finally find a good use for Moya's pregnancy.
              6- I liked how Crichton handled Durka at the end.
              7- I don't like the idea of trusting Chiana. She has to prove she is loyal first. Who knows what she might do. The last thing they need is double-cross when they are barely going coz of Moya's pregnancy. I can't bear her. I don't want her to stay. She's so annoying.
              -Questions:
              1- What's wrong with Rygel comparing himself to a peacekeeper? And when did he do that? He just said that he beat Durka at his own game.
              2- Is Chiana insane or something? It sure looks that way.

Comment

Episode 16- A human reaction
                -Comments:
                1- One more added to my favorites of season 1
                2- I knew there was a trick somewhere about being back on Earth.
                3- Finally his friends know where he came from. Now it's not only Zhaan that understands him. Everyone does.
                4- (SG reference) This reminded me of Tollans, an advanced race that wanted a new home. Only SG1 understood them.
                5- Felt sad for the false Rygel, but he looked funny with his tongue out.
                6- Aeryn and John always choose strange time to sleep together.
                7- This is sadly what really happens. Fear causes that and even more.
                -Questions:
                1- Do the microbes make people understand other languages or do they make them able to talk in the language that the others understand?
                2- Is everyone lost in this show? I don't understand the idea of repetition. Why is all the action going on here?
                3- If they're really lost, how do the PK and any other enemies find them? They ARE lost!!

Comment

1. The microbes translate what others say into your own language so you can understand them. Incidentally, I thought it was really cool to hear Peacekeeper language again, for the first time after the pilot ep. A very realistic VR simulation too. But what really gets me is that were the others there with Crichton or did it all just happen in his head...

They aren't really truly lost, they're just looking for a map that would show them the way to more inhabited space.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                    But what really gets me is that were the others there with Crichton or did it all just happen in his head...
                    They were really there. The alien lizard explained it. He said they participated in the stimulation to help him find a planet. They couldn't tell crichton, because if he knew, then it wouldn't have worked.

Comment

Episode 17- Through the looking glass
                      -Comments:
                      1- What a mysterious and funny episode. I laughed so much at the end until my tears started flowing.
                      2- I don't blame Moya for trying to starburst. They pushed her to her limits, but that doesn't mean they didn't have the right to be worried.
                      3- I stopped hating chiana, but she's still so annoying.
                      -Questions:
                      1- Is it just me or were the last 2 scenes very very very funny?
                      2- Does this mean that this incident accelerated the pregnancy?
                      Last edited by Kilgharrah; 14 June 2011, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Finally, a guy who doesn't like Chiana!

And I wouldn't say she's insane, just.. troubled...?

sigpic
                        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Episode 18- A Bug's Life
                          -Comments:
                          1- I didn't like the idea in the first place.
                          2- So, a Goa'uld virus. So uncreative.
                          3- A bug's life?? Are viruses bugs now?!!!
                          -Question:
                          1- What's that move Chiana's doing with her neck? What's wrong with her? And the way she moves her eyes.
                          2- Why did they allow them on in the first place? They could've avoided all that.

Comment

It's a nervous mannerism I think, and it bugs me. But not nearly as much as her weird way of talking does. That up and down thing and then the constant sighing... To be honest I've pretty much forgotten this ep.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                              To be honest I've pretty much forgotten this ep.
                              Coz it's not that good.

Comment

^ I was struggling to remember it too

sigpic
                                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                                X