Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 10: They've Got a secret
    -Comments:
    1-Is is just me or has anyone else noticed that charcters are going evil one by one even if it was for a good purpose!!!!
    2-I feel like it's planned for each episode to she some light on the background of the characters. I feel like it's planned. It's better when it just is a part of the story.
    3-D'Argo had a wife??? That explains his excessive hatred towards the Peacekeepers.
    4-I wanna see D'Argo's son and what he looks. I know we saw him here, but the picture wasn't clear and he was a baby.
    5- So ships have babies now??!!! LOL. You gotta love that show.
    6- I'm starting to see some potential in this show. I'm gonna love it.
    -Questions:
    1-Why did that incident make D'Argo get visions of the past?
    2-What was the Peacekeeper shield for?
    3-If Moya was doing that to protect and feed the baby, then how did she keep Pilot and the crew alive along with the baby???
    4- So is his wife's murder, the crime that got him into prison where he met Zhaan and Rygel?
    5- How did the crew get their hands on Moya in the first place after they escaped? Where did they find her? And how did they meet? And was Pilot already there? (If this is going to be answered later, then it's OK not to answer)
    6-I wanna know who's the father of that baby Looks like Moya's not a saint after all. LOOL. Will we ever find out? Is she really gonna give birth to that baby later?
    7- Why is D'Argo's son such a big deal? They already know she got married to a Luxan.
    8-Are all Peacekeepers Sebaceans? Considering they say they shouldn't be mixed with other species?

Comment

4. Essentially yes, but things aren't as they seem.
      5. They were imprisoned on Moya, I suppose being transported somewhere, when they took over. Watch Premiere again, essentially Crichton's arrival allowed them to overthrow their masters, or so I always read it, since the confusion helped them to break Moya's control collar... Or do I have it all wrong?
      6. No father, it was conceived somehow when D'Argo (?) broke that PK seal. The baby's going to be something else.
      7. You answered it in #8.
      8. Not necessarily. At least one is very special indeed and crucial to the rest of the story.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
        4. Essentially yes, but things aren't as they seem.
        So It will be dicussed agin later? We'll know more?
        5. They were imprisoned on Moya, I suppose being transported somewhere, when they took over. Watch Premiere again, essentially Crichton's arrival allowed them to overthrow their masters, or so I always read it, since the confusion helped them to break Moya's control collar... Or do I have it all wrong?
        Oh I see. I thought they were fighting the PKs and the latter put these control beacons right before Crichton came. They should have kept someone on the ship to prevent mutiny.
        6. No father, it was conceived somehow when D'Argo (?) broke that PK seal. The baby's going to be something else.
        You mean it's not a ship? or is it a ship, but a different species? Will we find out later what caused this?

Comment

We'll know more, both about what really happened when D'Argo's wife was killed and Moya's baby.
          sigpic

Comment

Episode 11- Till Blood Runs Clear:
            -Comments:
            1- I felt confused at the beginning about how they created that wormhole.
            2- Crichton and D'Argo are allies??? They live on the same ship and see each other every day and always work together and just allies???
            3- I thought this episode was boring. Only the beginning was good. I was disappointed after that.
            4- I can't believe he fell for Furlow's trick. Of course she'll take the data. What did he expect??!!! He should have looked for another mechanic.
            5- Finally we get to see the shuttle that the show was named after. 9 episodes without it?? They should have called the show something else like Moya for example.
            -Questions:
            1- Where exactly are they going? Is there a destination? They're just moving on and on.
            2- What caused Aeryn to temporarily go blind?
            3- What caused the wormhole? Was it the solar flare? If it wasn't, then what's the significance of the flare?
            4- Was that a USB memory that he handed over to Furlow??? Do they have that where they are?
            5- Wasn't he on Farscape-1 when he obtained that data? How did he manage to collect it when he was in air and couldn't get back to Moya?

Comment

1) Running from the Peackeepers
              2)Heat Delrium
              3) You'll find out later.
              4)Remember Farscape-1 is Earth tech
              5) The data was recorded from his module
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                4)Remember Farscape-1 is Earth tech
                5) The data was recorded from his module
                Sometimes I get really confused with no reason. Sorry for these stupid questions
                thanks.

Comment

From the comments:
                  1.) More or less the same way he accidentally created one the first time while orbiting Earth (his dialogue w/ Aeryn indicates as much)
                  2.) It takes time...
                  3.) I actually liked the whole episode. Some parts could've been better, but, as a whole, it was pretty good, IMHO.
                  4.) Maybe there wasn't another one?
                  5.) I think it describes the show quite well. Farscape. A distant vista? Or something like that? That and <a bit of a spoiler> the module's importance doesn't become highlighted until much later (as in later seasons).

Questions (and my attempts to answer them):
                  1- Where exactly are they going? Is there a destination? They're just moving on and on.

Well, everyone ('cept Pilot, since he lives to serve) just wants to go home. The problem is how (they're in the 'Uncharted Territories', after all)

2- What caused Aeryn to temporarily go blind?

The Solar Flare.

3- What caused the wormhole? Was it the solar flare? If it wasn't, then what's the significance of the flare?

The flare was affecting the planet's magnetic field, I think (kinda like how a solar flare, probably, triggered/created the one that brought Crichton to the Uncharted Territories)

4- Was that a USB memory that he handed over to Furlow??? Do they have that where they are?

I think it was a cassette thingy (data cassette? cassette tape?).

5- Wasn't he on Farscape-1 when he obtained that data? How did he manage to collect it when he was in air and couldn't get back to Moya?

Well, the recorder is on Farscape-1. He probably had spare cassettes in his NASA bag and the data that Furlough (sp?) got was for that particular day's flight only.

Hope that helped.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok let's see,
                    Episode 12- Rhapsody in blue
                    -Comments:
                    1- I loved that episode. Totally awesome.
                    2-Moya should know better than to follow any distress call, but I guess she's acting like any mother.
                    3-The one playing Tahleen has amazing acting skills. At the beginning I thought she was good.
                    4-When I saw that unity scene, I thought, 'Hey, I wanna try that'.
                    -Questions:
                    1- How can the ability to control the dark piece of their soul be used as a weapon?
                    2- Why do they go insane? Are they originally dark and they learn to master it?
                    3- What exactly did the Delvians do to Aeryn when they messed with the minds of those on Moya?
                    4- What's so special about Crichton that made him able to help Zhaan?
                    5- What's so special about that tree? And why did the old man tell Crichton that he'll die if he touched it?

Comment

Episode 12- The Flax
                      -Comments:
                      1-The flax looked like beginnings of a wormhole. Are they trying to take off the budget as much as they can??!!!
                      2-So, CPR over PK technology??? WOW.
                      3-I didn't like their speculations about afterlife. Felt it was a stupid speculation, that darkness thing.
                      4-Rygel is awesome. Not just funny, he's smart too.
                      5-The last few scenes were so funny.
                      6-This episode lacked the thrill.

No Questions this time.

Comment

Your not going to get all the answers right away that's part of the show.

From interviews, episode commentaries, I think the show is supposed to be from Crichton's point of view (at least the beginning) that you are thrust into this new unknown universe and you have no idea what is going on. Just as you would in real life you learn as you go. If you want all the answers now, you're watching the wrong show.

John and the rest of the people on Moya were thrust together and started out only co-operating to stay alive. They had one common goal - to get away from the Peacekeepers. The others were prisoners on Moya and didn't really like each other. After being forced to spend enough time together they begin to like each other and slowly grow into friends.

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                        WOW. I never thought the show would have deep meanings like this. I love that in a show. Because of that incident, I'm strating to like Aeryn more and more. I thought the PKs had no feelings.
                        Episode 9: DNA Mad Scientist
                        4- What did Aeryn mean by this 'I've always thought of myself in terms of survival, life and death, keeping the body alive. But what NamTar did to me... It wa-...it was me. Inside. The real me.'?

Aeryn's quotes always confuse me. :s
                        Aeryn (and peacekeepers) were taught from childhood not to feel but to go thru life with the purpose of the Peacekeepers. They are isolated from other races. She fights against them but never leaves her ship to actually meet them. So when she gets thrust into this world of Moya and then meets Crichton she is totally lost. She essentially doesn't know how to feel these emotions and is slowly learning.
                        When I first started watching the show, I had a problem with Aeryn's behavior and actions myself. But as you slowly learn about her life you begin to understand why she acts (and reacts) the way she does.

Because of her background Aeryn has had an superficial life sort of, so when she was deprived of all she knew and turned it that thing she was forced to look at life from a different perspective.
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

3- Does anyone know how they move the puppets in this show?
                          Some of the sets are on a raised platform and the puppeteers lay on the ground under the set to control them. I think they said there are 6 different people that move various parts of Rygel.

Alot of the scenes are done in front of a green screen, that might be how Rygel floats.

Episode 9: DNA Mad Scientist
                          -Comments:
                          1- I was surprised when I saw what D'Argo, Zhaan and Rygel did to Pilot. These are not the ones we knew in the last 8 episodes. Harm a friend for a personal gain???
                          At this point they weren't great friends yet, they still really wanted to get home. Rygel was still his greedy selfish pompous person that thought he was better than everyone else so going home was more important than someone else's arm. D'Argo was still mad as hell at being imprisoned and didn't care what he had to do to get home. I was under the impression that they had been imprisoned for many years. As you can see Zhaan does not alway controlling her violent impulses.

==============

That's right. Plus Crichton's willingness to do crazy things helps sometimes in out of control situations.

Moya as a ship was being held hostage by the control collar. She had been under the service of the Peacekeepers for awhile. Without the control collar, she has the ability to go off on her own regardless of what her inhabitants want, but was grateful to them for freeing her so was willing to go along with what they wanted to do.

Pilot's backstory (and some of Aeryn's) is explained in the S2 ep 'The Way We Weren't'

=====================

Sometimes I get really confused with no reason. Sorry for these stupid questions
                          thanks.
                          This can be a confusing show. But contemplate this - these are the easy eps (relatively speaking), wait till you get to season 2.

===============================

Episode 12- Rhapsody in blue

1- How can the ability to control the dark piece of their soul be used as a weapon?
                          2- Why do they go insane? Are they originally dark and they learn to master it?
                          I think the Delvians are a violent race and the only way to live productive sane lives is to learn to control there impulses. The priests have learned to do this. It seems to me it takes constant attention and meditation to become adept enough to be able to go out in the universe and interact peacefully with others.

4- What's so special about Crichton that made him able to help Zhaan?
                          That we find out in bits and pieces and is a main component in Season 4.
                          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

Comment

@ Thnderstorm,
                            I do like confusing show. I know sometimes I ask questions that will be answered later, but how should I know it will be??? I f I knew I wouldn't have asked them.
                            Episode 14- Jeremiah Crichton
                            -Comments:
                            1- Finally, he snapped. I was wondering when he finally will. It's a lot of pressure. He had to, and it helped. He had a rest for 3 months.
                            2- I feel like this episode is all based on coincidences. He happened to land on that exact planet to help them??? And this planet coincidentally had to be worshipping his friend Rygel. I like these things to be given a reason.
                            3- Why does Crichton act like he's a saint? Nobody is. He caused the problem that started this even though it wasn't his intention and he didn't take the time to make it right. He has the right to snap but after he's done.
                            4- Rygel was really happy to be back on the top.
                            -Questions:
                            Just one, Why was it called "Jeremiah Crichton"? Who's Jeremiah?

Comment

2. as far as the creators are concerned this isn't one of their better shows - the commentary for this ep is titled "When Bad Things Happen to Good Shows"

I think the Jeremiah is referencing a popular movie from the 70s(?) called Jeremiah Johnson (starring Robert Redford) where a man goes of to live in the wilderness by himself.

The commentaries are great sources of information, but I wouldn't listen to them until finished with the show as they don't always stick to that episode and so could spoil you for upcoming events.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                                2. as far as the creators are concerned this isn't one of their better shows - the commentary for this ep is titled "When Bad Things Happen to Good Shows"
                                That's right, but it's ok. This show is good and it's normal to have some terrible episodes. Nothing is perfect. Even stargate has some bad episodes.

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                                I think the Jeremiah is referencing a popular movie from the 70s(?) called Jeremiah Johnson (starring Robert Redford) where a man goes of to live in the wilderness by himself.
                                Never heard of it. Maybe I'll watch it. I'm a fan of oldies.

Comment

Working...
                                X